Probiotics for Kois
  • wongyengwongyeng April 2012
    I recently came across this youtube advert :

Anyone care to share if you have used any such products for your kois and how is the effect ?
  • WilganWilgan April 2012
    Saki Hikari has probiotics too. The blue packaging type. Have been using the hi grow sinking now. Doesn't seem to have much difference from others. Will stain water though. A bit yellowish / brownish stain but water is clear. Will be switching back to Sakai wheat germ after finish as Sakai is cleaner, will not stain and body seems to hold better.
    Post edited by Wilgan at 2012-04-30 12:43:44 pm
  • NeliNeli May 2012
    I don't know about that but I found the Japanese using a probiotic produced in Japan, called miracle...something.
    Found empty 25 liter plastic containers in several farms. They add just a little from it in water and then spray it on the food. They said it improves the quality of the skin and color, and general health. It also contains probiotics and it take three years to make it.
    My friend Drew went to the factory for a visit.
    I also asked them if they use yogurt to feed, and they said yes, and it is very good for the koi, but they only give it to their special koi.
    Here are pictures of it, the empty containers at one of the farms from it, in the south and at Niigata.
    I bought some for my babies.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_muzungu/7128862515/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_muzungu/7128859667/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_muzungu/6982772224/

• spencertanspencertan May 2012
    Hi sister Neil, I believe that you are referring to Miracle Animal.
    I am also using Miracle Animal on my kois now. I realized that they have been growing strong and healthy ever since I used it.
  • cookcpucookcpu May 2012
    I have seen this product but I always wonder how to use it as the bottle printed words is in Japanese.
  • koi888koi888 May 2012
    hi bro spencertan can share where you get from in singapore....thank
  • spencertanspencertan May 2012
    Hi brother cookcpu,
    You can dilute it , ratio of water to miracle animal 5:1.
    If you want to use it without dilution , you may just pour it into a spray bottle and spray onto the koi food , just that it will run out faster.
    Bro Spencertan, thank you for the information. Cheers.
  • NeliNeli May 2012
    I was told U dilute it with water and just spray little bit on the food.
    Yes Bro Spencer, it is miracle animal.
    Recently a friend of mine had an operation, and the doctor prescribed probiotic in capsule form.
    As far as I know the manufacturer of Miracle animal produces together with it probiotics for human consumption. Just don't know if it is expensive.
    When I get my fish home, I want to try it too, especially that it will be so stressed. Probiotics improve immunity, and are good for stressed Koi, or when U want to improve the general condition of the Koi.
  • wongyengwongyeng May 2012
    Thanks for the recommendations. I just got the Miracle Animal to try out :P
    Let's see how happy the kois will become in the coming months ! :D
  • ashfaqashfaq May 2012
    @Neli, do you know who is the supplier in Japan for this miracle medicine?
    Any website where i can order from Japan not from other countries :) ?
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
  • NeliNeli May 2012
    I can ask drew who is their agent in the UK. Give me a bit of time....but it is not cheap.
    I got mine from Oishi koi farm in Japan.
    I would advise U to try the capsules for humans...also called probiotics. It is the same thing..
    Post edited by Neli at 2012-05-04 03:36:35 am
  • ShukriShukri May 2012
    Ashfaq, this miracle animal has been in Malaysia for many years. The smell and color is very similar to Vivakoi.....
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • ashfaqashfaq May 2012
    Brother Shukri,
    Thanks, any online stores in malaysia who sells these product?
    Thanks,
  • ShukriShukri May 2012
    Atarikoi sells the product........why dont you visit their Website......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • ashfaqashfaq May 2012
    Thanks brother, i will :)
    Thanks,
    I just bought this miracle animal potion. It does smell like chinese sinseh medicine for sprain joint/cure internal injury type of herbal medicine. :)
  • wongyengwongyeng May 2012
    This could be psychological but after using it this product twice, my kois appetite suddenly improved ! Maybe it could be bcos I added more aeration into the pond too ! Wunderba ! :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership