Does it have a chance?
  • 4r4sis4r4sis April 2012
    need advise from all brothers and sister..
    obtain this little fellow a few days back. when in qt with s1, notice there is some reddish spot on its anal.a few days latter find out there is on its side. quickly remove it from another qt fellow afraid that it will infect the other one. does it have a chance to survive since i personally like its pattern and eager to see what it be in the future and what medicine that suit best in case the skill level for koi treatment is very low.(actually zero). thanks in advance..
    thanks bro adlee.hehehe normally bro ashraf will help thing like this.appreciate it..
  • ashfaqashfaq April 2012
    :)
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
  • adleeadlee April 2012
    i figure rather than i open the picture one by one its better i just copy paste the link :)
    btw sorry for late reply. it looks for me like an ulcer. u can use melafix or the easiest and cheapest way u can try the magic yellow powder normally selling at rm5 per sachet. sapu the powder on the red spot twice a day. normlly after 2-3 day u can see the reduction

http://www.aquatickoi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/elbajo.jpg

maybe kenkona can be use as well.. shud ask bro captain bout it :)
  • lautslauts April 2012
    Got chance. First salt the water to at least 0.3% then next day 0.5%. This will help prevent koi develop dropsy ( pine cone) , use any anti bacteria like Antiulcer or the Japanese yellow powder. You also need to clean the infected area, remove dead scales, tissues at the infected areas and disinfect with H2o2 ( hydrogen perokside) . Wipe dry and apply povidine iodine over area and cover the area with Bonjela cream. All this with koi under sedation ( transmore) . You are done. Check after 5days , if area gets worse , re do above application. Your biggest enemy now is koi develop dropsy( pine cone) due to internal infection from the open wound. So keep water very clean. Your koi looks like developing dropsy already from the slight pop eye.

ts
  • idrisidris April 2012
    4r4sis..if you want to use kenkona, best use it inside ur QT tank because kenkona have to be use with salt condition less than 0.12...kenkona will cover all the desease this beauty having...unless u want to treat ur hold pond...

just my opinion and assisting captain only...
    thanks all brudder..perhap i'm gonna try out bro adlee's method first. seem like bro lau solution quite 'master level'.hehehe..
    btw bro idris, already contact bro capt. for the time being there is no outside supply yet.i already ask my sister to get it one from capt but shes been busy latly.perhap when there is another time. should be stanby one just in case..hehehe
    anyway thanks bros..
    one more thing.if i using yellow powder, what are the water level salinity and how many days should i keep it in the salinity level.
    thanks in advance..
  • idrisidris April 2012
    no problem sis...
    bro idris. the nick name only 4r4sis. im actually a guy..its kinda weird if u mention sis like that.hehehe sorry to dissapoint you.. :p
    actually the name is faisal..sorry if i cause a misunderstand..
  • YLLiauYLLiau April 2012
    :> ..hahaha
  • idrisidris April 2012
    If I say " I know" I will be bulshitting... :-)) I will just say.. Oh really...good for u... :-D
    :p
    sorry to inform that this poor little guy already floating upside down when i arrived from work this evening. even though i already bought that yellow powder but its already too late...what i learn from this incident are always standby a first aid kit for kois. u never know when u need 1... :-( :-(
  • idrisidris April 2012
    Agree with u bro sis.. :-D
  • ShukriShukri April 2012
    Hahahahaha.......I was wondering earlier who is 4r4sis. Hi there Faisal, nasty looking ulcers.
    Medication that have Formalin like Kenkona will do good for such condition, but please adhere to the correct dosage. The koi is surely too small to administer antibiotics injections. What you need to do is to take care of the bacteria in the koi, do not forget to apply topical application i.e. direct to the wound, and please address the free swimming bacteria in the water. The yellow powder that was shown by adlee is actually a combination of Tetracycline (TC) and some other stuff.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    noted bro Shukri..thanks for the info..but i guess its already too late. anyway, the knowledge gained is much more valuable than the money itself..(even the kois is just a local breed only)
  • ShukriShukri April 2012
    I highly recommend you guys to have a medicine chest stuff with all sorts of medication. I have a comprehensive stock from all sorts of Antibiotics injectable right to NaCl (common salt). You will never know when these will come in handy......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    indeed.. this is a valuable lesson for me which is newbie in this kois world..better hurry up on purchasing kenkona from capt Borman..
  • nocturnalnocturnal April 2012
    sorry 4 ur lost Abang Faisal, i'm sure u have no problem finding a better replacement with plenty of shipments coming in from japan :)
    i remember losing my first 3 jap kois by overdosing salt in a small FGT meant for quarantine, 2 1/2kg in 180 liters of water (didn't know how much the volume of water then & how much salt needed to bring it up to 0.3%) banghead
  • adleeadlee April 2012
    sorry for your lost bro faisal.. sometimes small tosai cannot handle too much stress of handling (ie scoop then into QT tank ) as the QT water parameters is not the same as your original pond water. just for your info this is how u shud use the japan yellow powder in QT tank

For fish bathing treatment due to external infection and wounds

•Use 1g~3g with salt for 1000 liters of water.
    •Put fish into solution for 2 hours or more.
    •Maintain good oxygen level by using air pump.

but from my experience, with a small tosai and small pond less then 3ton then i just administer the yellow powder directly to the ulcer. less stress for the fish to handle the water parameters change. just make sure the powder covers the ulcer part for few sec then release back the fish into the pond. even i just scoop the fish, handles it and administer it inside the netting :p . then i raised the salinity level of the pond to 0.1%
    (1kg salt to 1ton = 0.1% salinity) to treat the pond. sometimes i throw the leftovers of the 5g packet straight into the pond but i dont recommend it. hehehe.. the yellow color can stay for like 3 days in your pond much like using S1 solution.

yes as what bro shukri said its a form of antibiotic (these what the seller told me) but my findings is that the yellow powder is actually sodium nifurstyrenate ::

Sodium nifursyrenate [beta-(5-nitro-2-furyl)-p-carboxystyrene sodium salt, NSA-Na] is an antibacterial nitrofuran which has been widely used for prevention and treatment of bacterial infections in fish in Japan. ERUBAAJU for ornamental fish 10% powder" is a medicinal bath with the active ingredient Nifurstyrenat-Sodium which is very effective against Columnaris and Aeromonas that will cause bacterial infections in ornamental fish. Since the active ingredient is quickly absorbed into the fish it shows excellent results in treating these infections.

Active Ingredients:
    100mg Nifurstyrenate / 1g ERUBAAJU

Range of Application:
    Reduces deaths that are caused by nifurstyrenate sensitive bacteria like:

In koi, Funa and goldfish:

Aeromonas infections (Ulcers, dropsy, scale infections)
    Columnaris infections (gill rot, fin rot, mouth rot)

for rm5 per packet this thing is quite handy for me and its available in almost all aquarium shop
  • lautslauts April 2012
    Sorry to hear , the eyes already slight bulging in pict as mentioned so likely internal infection taken place.

ts
    thanks guy;;
    bro Adik-guess some of us need a lesson from the hardest way.. :-(
    bro Adlee-noted..your explanation has some sort of 'aura of sifu' in it same as bro Lau mention..some word and terminology are new to me. will try to google it for more understanding..thanks..
    bro laut-you are indeed a true master of kois..^:)^ even from blurry picture u already can conclude what is happening..truely experienced master..
  • lautslauts April 2012
    Bro sis,

Just sharing my recent very similar experience during QT. The true masters just read nowaday but don't post :-(

ts
  • adleeadlee April 2012
    I'm no sifu la bro just share my experience.. Yeah as what bro lauts say tru master nowdays only read no post... Maybe tired of explaining the same thing over n over again perhaps? Hehehe.. So for me if I know abit also I try to help other brudders here :)
  • lautslauts April 2012
    Yes bro we try la what we can. Many previously help me with this hobby so i just pay forward .

ts
    A humble opinion from a humble person..really like it. guess that what they call freindship through scales.. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership