Any literature on how to setup and manage a mud pond ?
  • wongyengwongyeng April 2012
    I have done some google-ling on this topic but unable to get any concrete information out so far.
    If any brothers has literature on online information on this subject, hope you can post here to share.
    :)
  • ShukriShukri April 2012
    Wah! Wanna start up a Mud Pond. Just let us know once you have started and willing to rent MP space..........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • kominatokominato April 2012
    Does a mud pond use filtration just like normal koi ponds ? Pumps will get choked ?
    This is something really interesting although i just met a fellow koi expert who said that Spore's weather is hot so setting up mud pond also pointless. He has a mud pond in Cameron Highlands (i think) :P

But I find this an interesting topic to explore nontheless.
  • 4r4sis4r4sis April 2012
    i dont think there is filter needed since that it is a mud if u want to filtered. from Sam mud pond video taken during last harvested (sallamiya yamabuki). i dont see any some sort of filter..dont know if there is actually. never been there.. :p
    Bro 4r4sis, can you post the link on Sam mud pond video ?
    Yup Faisal, we are quite familiar with this MP........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    sure u r bro..you a one of the lucky people who get their hand on such interesting festival and lucky enough to get one of Sallymiya Yamabuki..... (Y)
    Yeah man! You are spot on.........were you present on that auspicious day?
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-04-12 11:52:05 pm
    no la..just watching the video from this forum...exciting as it seen...but only from a computer instead a real one.. :-((
    by the way bro, does any sallymiya's has reach jumbo?quite sometimes already after the last measurement from last November i think..
    My Sallymiya didnt even make it to my pond. It was given away to a very close friend. Honestly, I do not know what's the biggest Sallymiya todate.
    This is a really nice mud pond... Some questions :

- Is there an aeration system to continuously pump air into the pond to circulate the pond ? I presume that there isn't a need for filtration chambers.
    - Will the water gradually seep into the ground, so there would be a need for occassional rain to top up ? If no rain, does it mean that top up is required off the tap ?
    - Will there be a need for water change ??! :O
    BTW, the quality of those fishes in the mud pond are really very good ! OR, izit the effect of mud pond ?
  • spencertanspencertan April 2012
    I thought it was stated in the video that water was flowing into the mudpond constantly....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership