My Maruyama Showa
  • rizalrizal October 2010
    Hi,
    Here's a shot of my Maruyama Showa from the SPKC June Event growout 2009.

Female, 62 cm @ 27 Oct 2010

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt231/rizalh/IMG_12281.jpg?t=1288173121
    Post edited by rizal at 2010-10-27 08:19:24 am
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    Bro, excellent show piece Showa here. Good Shirogi and Sumi. But you need to feed color food kaw kaw so that you can ensure the uniformity of the Beni which is not apparent right now. Else, this koi is a good piece.........

Pattern wise, this Showa is really there. Judging from the Beni on the head, it is a matter of time that the rest will follow. And remember! Judging Showa is all about the SUMI and its placement. And here, the Sumi is nicely placed onto the white.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2010-10-27 12:36:41 pm
  • etanoetano October 2010
    Yup I feel this koi is not ready for the coming yet, definitely for the future when the beni consolidate.
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
  • KaajKaaj October 2010
    I read that a showa = Kohaku + Shiro. If this is truly the case, then this koi is a good representation of that. Bro Rizal, i hope the beni color improves, as this koi has superb potential.
  • etanoetano October 2010
    Bro Rizal, having read what Kaaj said. Your Kaneko Shiro is like this showa with the hiban removed, underlying another checkerboard pattern!
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
    Post edited by etano at 2010-10-28 07:43:54 am
    Bro Rizal, you must be a sucker for Checker Board chicks.........I meant koi pattern....
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • rizalrizal October 2010
    Thanks for all the comments guys. To be honest, I wasn't expecting such a positive outlook, especially after seeing some of the other collections here (you guys got some seriously nice koi la hehehe). Yes, I agree that her beni is weak. It's been that way since I got her so I'm being realistic with my expectations and don't really expect it to improve that much. Nevertheless, time will tell..

Shukri, you also have one from the same growout.. How's it doing?

Kaaj.. Thanks for the feedback. I'll update her photo in a couple of months to see if there's any change.

Elmen.. Yea, it was actually the checkerboard that appealed to me when I got her.

Cheers,
    Rizal

Well, you are our checker mate!.........
    I will bowl my June event Maruyama Kohaku one of these days........

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership