New kids on the board for coming Shinkokai Show
  • megatronmegatron October 2010
    A bit free over the weekend and decided to net a few koi to take portraits and measure them.

This is my Sallymiya Yamabuki Ogon measuring 48cm. Overall, I am quite impress with the grow, skin luster and her body structure so far. The dragon's fire still remained there. I will definitely show her at SKS.

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/282/Ogon%2048cm.jpg
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Post edited by etano at 2010-10-24 11:56:15 pm
    Another for SKS is Ochiba 31cm. I like the pattern of this ochiba. After pass the test from Bro DanLee, I managed to sex him yesterday.

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/283/Ochiba%2031%20cm.jpg
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Post edited by etano at 2010-10-24 11:56:37 pm
    Shiro for SKS. She is 26cm, I think I am quite sure by looking at her vent.

That's all now, spent 1+ hour to net 3 fish....killing me, almost break my back.

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/284/Shiro%201%2026cm.jpg
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Post edited by etano at 2010-10-24 11:57:04 pm
  • snowlionsnowlion October 2010
    Bro,
    Great work there with the Sallymiya Yamabuki!
    Brudder Sam and Sister Sally will be very proud when they see this!!

Nice Bulking...mine still look like Day 1, 4 months ago.

Jerome
  • Denn7Denn7 October 2010
    Yeah boy - that Sallymiya has bulked up so well. Must say this was an excellent breeding. I have one piece too which was kindly given to me by bro Paul - prob male but bowled it over the weekend to snap some pics (see here) and examined it with my non-expert hands and still can't determine its sex. Characteristics of a male but no milt and smooth fins, gill plates etc. Still think its male - doesn't bother me one bit and it is a great addition to my collection. Pretty enough as "he" is...if he bulks...wow.....

Hope I can do justice to it as Paul has done.

Ps. thanks also Sam and Sally!
    Post edited by Denn7 at 2010-10-25 04:18:50 am
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    Bro WSC, your Sallymiya is nice, and the others too. Can put in the show for sure... (ok)

Denning, your Sallymiya is also nice and cool.......... (ok)
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • bibikoibibikoi October 2010
    Bro Megatron, ur yamabuki looks damn good! much better than the ones i kept in my showhouse pond.... great job! look forward to seeing it in january..

bro denning, u got a nice specimen there.. just need to bulk it up... and i'm sure it'll give others a good fight..

next year's hikarimono category looks challenging... :-D will try to net fishes from my showhouse pond and bring them 'makan angin' in genting too.. ;)
    Post edited by bibikoi at 2010-10-25 10:31:19 am
  • Denn7Denn7 October 2010
    Yah am aiming towards WSC's type of bulk...very nice! But I really like his Ochiba even though I am not usually a fan of Ochibas :)
    Ditto here on the Ochiba............ (ok)
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    <blockquote rel="bibikoi">Bro Megatron, ur yamabuki looks damn good! much better than the ones i kept in my showhouse pond.... great job! look forward to seeing it in january..

next year's hikarimono category looks challenging... :-D will try to net fishes from my showhouse pond and bring them 'makan angin' in genting too.. ;)</blockquote>

Aiyo..bro Sam, your koi in your showhouse pond are eating all the model house's bricks and cements, can go solid. hahah.....:-) By Jan, I believe my yamabuki will be closed to 55cm. Let's go for Curry Koi Head then in genting.
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Yes. I like this ochiba too, I have been searching for years to find a good one with very reasonable price. However, I found out that he has an ulcer on the lip. Anyone know how to treat? I just transfer him to a Q-tank with S1 and salt at 0.3% and slowly increase to 0.5% by weekend. Any advise?
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • M_ZAINM_ZAIN October 2010
    Inject it with Lincomycin....KDF has got Stock

Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    Bro WSC, sounded like mouth rot turning into an ulcer. Very critical bro! Either do like what Bro M Zain suggests or alternatively inject with Ciprofloxacin. Or/and soak the fish in Interpet/Blagdon Ulcer medication (no salt please).
    Injection!! not my expert. Perhaps, soaking with Interpet/Blagdon Ulcer med sound better. Where can I get it? The quality and how long? Thank bro
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Bro.....Mega,

Where RU located?
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
  • etanoetano October 2010
    B<blockquote rel="megatron">Injection!! not my expert. Perhaps, soaking with Interpet/Blagdon Ulcer med sound better. Where can I get it? The quality and how long? Thank bro</blockquote>

Bro you can get Blagdon from Atari but do what bro zain suggested. Mouth rot is a very serious problem if not attended early, speaking from experience here. Injection for 3 consecutive days is safer bet.
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
    Yup Bro Elmen,....that's my Theory....in my early days I've tried Blagdon anti Ulcer stuffs n' I find it waste of money & time.

Injecting it with Lyncomycin is the most effective for 3 consecutive Days, you can really see the improvement after 2nd day of Injection.
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
  • AndySittAndySitt October 2010
    I do agree that injecting kois is the fastest and best method.. but not necessarily the easiest and safest method.. Need lots of practice or else.. you might inject in the wrong place.. or getting too deep... (drunk)
    Bro Andy, not that hard la. It is just that most Hobbyists are not familiar that's all. We can always come up with a session and share the IM and IP techniques with everyone.
    Thanks for the suggestion. To be frank, I always find it hard because my hand shake a lot when come to needle..lol. Look like I will give it a try this time.
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • nocturnalnocturnal October 2010
    <blockquote rel="Shukri">Bro Andy, not that hard la. It is just that most Hobbyists are not familiar that's all. We can always come up with a session and share the IM and IP techniques with everyone.</blockquote>

Great idea (ok)
    can take video & upload on you tube so whenever hobbyist need to do the procedure, can watch it to refresh memory.
  • AndySittAndySitt October 2010
    bro if this week you guys go to Aaron's farm.. simple take some fish and demo lah... I have a sick fish.. maybe can demo on that fish as well.. Do a nice video..
  • farikfarik October 2010
    bro megatron,
    first time always like that one....lama2 sudah biasa.....become pro already

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership