KENKONA KOI- Healthy Koi
  • gundamgundam June 2013
    Thank you for the info..before I treat the pond using kenkona...I already change 30% water...hopefully my kois can fully recover
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar June 2013
    Hi Bro Gundam,

You should have 0 salt in your pond. But looking at ur koi, if the pond has salt, the kois would have jumped out. Has the koi recovered. Has the dosage been right? How many days since kenkona introduced to the pond?
  • gundamgundam June 2013
    Thank you bro TK for that advise today my last treatment using kenkona koi n all kois swimming nicely...I not apply any salt due to recommended instruction from kenkona koi during treatment. My kois not jumped out because I put small tiger fish to eat some lice koi body maybe not 100% helpful but try to using naturally. Is it kenkona koi can solve some foam problem...because this is my second times treatment using kenkona koi in 4month.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau June 2013
    Good morning guys,

Sorry for being absent for a while. Too busy this couple of months. Luckily I have many friends here to answer the questions about Kenkona Koi/Bio. Thank you guys.

Bro Gundam,
    Good to know that Kenkona Koi has helped your situation. Normally when it involved bacteria attack, it might take a few days to fully recover. Some even require second dosage. For parasite, the recovery is faster.

Not sure about Kenkona Koi can solve foam problem. It could be the excess coliform level which was knocked down during medicating process and had secondary effect on the foam. That is my guess.
  • jsoh77jsoh77 June 2013
    HI i am base in Singapore where can I get your product ?
  • ikankoikauikankoikau June 2013
    Hi jsoh77,
    The product is only sold in Kuala Lumpur(Yamakoshi, Atari & Gosanke Koi). If you have an address in Johor, bro pandai or myself can courier it to you. Right now I am running out of stock. Most likely on Wed will be ok. I cannot send to Singapore due to restriction imposed on liquid chemical.
  • cubercuber July 2013
    Since the last post is about a month ago, may I know if this product is available now? As from the last post it is out of stock, I'm going to KL next week, thinking to buy a couple of bottle to bring back to Medan and give it a try, since so many good feedbacks on this product already being posted.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau July 2013
    Hi bro. Thank you for your interest in Kenkona Koi. The stock is avai at Atari and Yamakoshi. I am not sure whether Gosanke still have the stock. Anyway feel free to give your feedback. Thank you.
  • cubercuber July 2013
    Thanks for the response Capt, will this new stock be the original or the diluted version of the Kenkona? Will try to find the address on Yamakoshi or Atari when I'm going to KL.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau July 2013
    Still the original bro. No diluted stock so far. I believe hobbyist already got used to it. Thanks.
  • weihanweihan August 2013
    Hi bro, just want to ask can kenkona be use to treat sinking disease and gulping? Thx
  • pandaipandai August 2013
    Yes. Please refer details at the website http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com

Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • kwickcutkwickcut August 2013
    i am guessing this is not available in the United States? if so who carries it i was nit able to find it.. also is this along the lines of proform C... this is the info i have on proform C

ProForm-C is the preeminent broad spectrum malachite green & formalin treatment. It is formulated differently than any other malachite green & formalin mix. Malachite green and formalin are two drugs that are more effective in combination than if used individually. This is the definition of synergism. These two drugs are also less toxic in combination than if used individually, What makes ProForm-C the preeminent product in this field is the fact it is formulated with malachite green chloride, while all other MG&F products use the oxalate salt form which is more toxic than the chloride form. As with any malachite green & formalin treatment do NOT use with salt levels above 0.05%.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau August 2013
    Hi bro kwickcut,

You are right, Kenkona Koi is not available in United States. I have tried asking the procedure on exporting to other country but the restriction on chemical is very strict. For the time being, it is only sold in Malaysia.

ProForm C and Kenkona Koi have similar base except Kenkona Koi has another addictive. It was initially for my own use as the formation was base on safe trial and error but high in concentration until it was known and used by a few hobbyist. After testing it(including the dealers), it was then sold at a very reasonable price in order to reduce this hobby's medication cost. Till today I am still hoping that hobbyist will not regard Kenkona Koi is less effective due to it's cheap price compared to other medication including salt.

Most feedbacks were from the dealer and hobbyist. As for me personally, I have only Kenkona Koi, Dimilin and injection antibiotic for koi and pond treatment on my rack for the past few years. I will occasionally buy salt just for preparation prior to koi show. The maximum salt level recommended on the label instruction is also base on tested result.

Recently one of the serious hobbyist has tried mixing Kenkona Koi and Neguvon and I am still waiting for his full feedback. The last I heard from him was the fishes have recovered and no casualty. This kind of valuable feedback is a good example that has added up to Kenkona Koi capabilities, good and bad.

Regards
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar September 2013
    Hi guys,

Recently I had treated my whole pond by mixing Neguvon and Kenkona. This is to treat both parasites and bacteria effectively.
    First I had mixed Neguvon at 0.2g/ton thoroughly. Later I added Kenkona as per normal dosage. After 2-3 hours, the red spots on my kois pictorial fins was cleared and red spot on some other kois cleared as well.
    There was ammonia spike after second day, but after few water change and bacteria starter, all went back to normal

Cheers
    Post edited by Bthineshkumar at 2013-09-01 06:16:01 pm
  • ikankoikauikankoikau September 2013
    Thanks for the feedback bro:-)
  • jeejee September 2013
    Hi Bro ikankoikau,

I'm a newby just started this hobby 3 months ago. Is kenkona koi available in yamagoshi Penang? I'm trying to phurcased it online from the link http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html but unfortunately the page return as blank. I would like to get it for treating ulcer and flashing koi in my little pond. any information will be much appreciate.

Thanks
  • pandaipandai September 2013
    Bro Jee,

You can PM me or email me directly at pandai.othman@gmail.com to order. Thanks.

By the way, I checked and the webpage seems to be just fine.
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    Post edited by pandai at 2013-09-14 02:17:23 pm
  • jeejee September 2013
    Thank you bro pandai. just find out that my PC never install the microsoft office. I will PM to you.
    Thanks again.
    Dear Hobbyist,

Recently I was frequently asked by fellow hobbyist whether "Mr. Koi Medic" is similar to my product "Kenkona Koi". The answer is NO. It is not the same and I dont have any special arrangement with Bro Azmi(Mr Koi) with regard to this product.

I dont know what is Bro Azmi's formula even tho some have mentioned to me that the dosage is more less the same. One of the reason why Kenkona Koi is not available at certain times is due to one of the "ingredients" which is not available in Malaysia. So I am very certain that it will never be the same.

On this note, I will not be able to answer any outcome of using Mr Koi Medic. Bro Azmi should be able to answer it.

On the hear say that I should be upset with this product which looks similar to my product or a copy to my product, I would look at it in a positive way. The market is open. Anybody can introduce any product and hobbyist will have more products to choose and in various price range. So it is good for all hobbyist. Personally I dont do this for a living. The birth of Kenkona Koi has a story to it. ;-) :)

Thank you.

Regards

IKK
  • idrisidris September 2013
    Well said bro captain...
  • mrkoimrkoi September 2013
    Dear Capt and all,

Mrkoi Medic is not the same as Kenkona. At first, It was specially formulated by me in order to reduce my costs to medicate or use it during the quarantine process of fishes at my koi farm. It was a mixtures of formalin, malachite green plus some other active ingredients and antibiotics in order to increase the effectiveness of the medication. It was formulated and tested not only on hundred fishes but thousands of them at my farm.

For the moment, usually I just supply it to my close friend hobbyists and use it during my pond maintenance job at my customers pond. And since then, I am not using anymore of either S1, F1, yellow powder, elbagin etc. And so far, I am happy and satisfied with the outcome results and my customers too.

So anyway, please be informed that MrKoi Medic is not the same or a copy to Kenkona. Maybe ppl misunderstand since the smell and appearance is the same as Kenkona. So I hope this statement will cleared things out. So please accept my apology if this product make everybody confuse.

Thank you.
    Post edited by mrkoi at 2013-09-24 07:33:13 am
  • weihanweihan September 2013
    Thanks both koi doctor for the explanation, and i strongly believe both are meant for healthier koi for all hobbiest :)

Below is my comment after using Kenkona Koi:
    Recently, I brought a few bottles of Kenkona to treat a few of my koi, 2 of them were suffering from sinking and gulping problems while the other one was having ulcer..
    I did a full three time treatment for the whole pond to ensure that any potential health problem can be stop before it affect my other kois, and then quarantine my affected fishes..

One of the sinking Showa show positive result after my 3 treatmens, while another Shiro Utsuri still remain the same, exterior ulcer on both koi recovered and I'm happy with the result..

A Sanke that was having ulcer, which is at her nose, inside out. exterior ulcer can be treat easier as compare to inside out ulcer, and because it is at her nose, I cant apply medicine directly to it. However, she still recover nicely after a week of quarantine with Kenkona Koi Medic..

The other 2 sinking koi is still under treatment, and I'm happy with the Medic so far... Thanks Bro Pandai and captain for this medicine....
    Thanks for the feed back bro. I used to have a few kois with gulping problem few years back but eventully it has fully recovered. Feed back from different hobbyist are good to summarize effectiveness of this product. None of my koi having sinking problem for long time.I believe both Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio have contributed it's benefits. But that just my personal opinion which does not carry much weight as the producer;-)

For ulceration, I have stopped injecting my koi with antibiotic. I will treat the koi with topical medication and Kenkona Koi and ensure good water quality for recovery.

Bro Mr Koi(Azmi)... Thanks for clearing up the issue. Hope many other product will emerge for the benefit of this hobby.

Regards

• cubercuber October 2013
    Has anybody had issue with the water condition after the treatment of Kenkona Koi?
    I've applied the Kenkona to my fully outdoor pond, turned off the UV and did the instruction as stated on the bottle. However, the water turned green after 2 days, all the kois are doing fine though.

The Kenkona seems to treat my kois well, the ponds was being backwashed daily as usual during the treatment. After a week, the water was still green, I decided to flush out about half of the water and change it with new water, this seems to help and clear the water a bit. Unfortunately, within 2 days, the water turn green again.

Anybody has this issue with their pond after the treatment with Kenkona? I'm still trying to figure out what I did wrong.
  • idrisidris October 2013
    Have u turned on back ur uv bro...never had this problem before..
  • cubercuber October 2013
    Bro Idris,

Yes, the UV is back since the 3rd days after the treatment, the green in the water is not caused by the algae, there are no algae in my pond at all. The green is actually the water color.
  • idrisidris October 2013
    Hmm quite weird.. because kenkona colir based on blue color...I think let the sifu advice durther on this bro...
  • andysiaandysia October 2013
    I have used kenkona (according to the dosage) several times. Pond water will turn blue hue immediately but will turn colourless into the 2nd day (no water change). I usually do 20-30% water change after kenkona treatment and put some active carbon to absorb the remaining chemicals in the water. Never seen green colour during treatment.
  • ray2kray2k January 2014
    I did something stupid. Accidentally allowed the discharge hose pipe of my quarantine tank to drop into the main pond and pumped quarantine tank water into the main pond.

At first, I put Remedor in as a precaution.

But problem still started with the usual clamped fins, on a few, blood shot shiroji on a couple.

My question:
    Can you mix Remedor and Kenkona?

Thanx for any replies.

• BthineshkumarBthineshkumar January 2014
    No bro. Don;t mix remedor with kenkona. Too high concentration.

Change 50% water first day. Another 30% second day before adding kenkona
    Thanx Bro.

Day 1: Remedor at 1g/ton
    Day 2: A few with symptoms
    Day 3: 40% water change and Kenkona according to dosage
    Day 4: Today, so far so good. Fingers crossed.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau January 2014
    Hi bro..

Sorry for not visiting this thread for a while. Extremely busy these couple of months. Thank bro Tk and other bros for answering some questions with regard to Kenkona Koi.

Bro ray, you have done the right thing as suggested by bro TK. Just relax and monitor the recovery. If your pond is big, 30% water change should be sufficient before adding Kenkona. Make sure you add 50 to 75% of Kenkona and add the remaining after 30 to 1 hr. Monitor for any discomfort during this period just to ensure no overdosing of medication.

Most importantly, check your water para or any cause that trigger the problem and carry out the corrective action.

Regards

IKK (Borman a.k.a Capt)
    Bro Andy,

Kenkona should not cause any colouration to the pond water. It could be due to other reason such as single cell algae. Kenkona does knock down bacteria colonies but not critical till it endanger the water quality and good bacteria. Knock down bacteria is good once a while when the pond is overpopulated by bacteria colonies. This is what Kenkona does as maintenance routine.
  • ashfaqashfaq January 2014
    Brother Captain,
    Please suggest correct dosage for Kenkona for below water volume.

10 litre
    100 litre
    1000 litre
    10000 litre
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    Bro Ashfaq:

10 litre : Don't use
    100 litre : 1.6ml
    1000 litre : 16 ml
    10000 litre: 160ml
    Thanks bro TK :-)
    (Y)
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2014-01-03 09:33:35 pm
    Thanx Bro IKK.

I added the kenkona gradually as the pond was filling up. First dose at 11pm and the remainder about 6 hours later. Pond is 70t.

From experience, how long before we see recovery and if no change, dose again at the same level after 3 days?

Thanx again bros.
    No prob capt. Used to the dosage amount :-D
    Bro Ray,

Depending on the sickness. Parking, clamp fin, flashing, reddish fin will take a day or two to see the improvement. Reddish body and ulceration for example, will be around 2 to 3 days and sometimes it require 2nd dosage depending on severity or how fast the medication is applied. But for ulceration, dont expect it will be spotless or back to normal. It will dry up or show obvious improvement. For the new skin or scale to develop, it might take longer time.

Regards
  • ashfaqashfaq January 2014
    Thanks brother TK
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    Thanx Bro IKK for your prompt reply. Fingers crossed then.

(handshake)
  • frostbitezfrostbitez January 2014
    guys how can i get kenkona in indonesia?
    is this product available in jakarta?
    han
    Hi Han,

Thank you for your interest of this product. Unfortunately it is only available in Malaysia for the time being due to restriction on exporting chemical. Very sorry bro. Maybe you can contact the dealer here like Atari or Yamakoshi as they are more familiar on exporting/importing chemical base medication.

Regards.
  • cubercuber January 2014
    Han,

Just do like I did, went to KL for leisure and bought the Kenkona back to Indonesia myself.. :-D
  • frostbitezfrostbitez January 2014
    ok
    thx for the info
  • urbaneffectsurbaneffects April 2014
    Fish down with serious gill infection. Can Kenkona be used? I treat the pond with salt 0.3-0.4. Does it mean I have to change water before using Kenkona?
  • idrisidris April 2014
    Yes..u must...
  • tghkoitghkoi April 2014
    bros , need advise
    one my recent purchase 150cm doitsu karachi
    has some redness under the scales on tuesday evening
    Steps taken

1. fish out and put in quarantine tank.

2. Apply kenkona

3. Apply topical using cotton bud on wednesday morning

Thursday morning topical treatment in morning
    Looks like recovering
    Thursday evening did water change and apply
    2 dosage.

Friday busy so time for topical

This morning, check , got a shock
    saw a new spot near the tail. So now 2 spots
    First spot which seems better on Thursday
    become worst

What did i do wrong?

Question:
    1. can i increase dosage

2. Can i do topical 2x a day

Thanks

Typo size is 15cm
  • ShukriShukri April 2014
    Phew!!! I thought a 1.5 meter Karashigoi........

thgkoi, koi will not heal overnight..... give the medication time to work.
    If you keep disturbing the koi, you will add more stress to the koi,
    and with more stress, the koi will take longer time to heal........

Just give the medication time to work..........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Ok thanks
  • ikankoikauikankoikau April 2014
    Bro,
    External injury or ulcer will take time to recover fully. Like human, when a wound is recovering, it will still leave obvious mark. What I mean by recovering is, the injury or ulcer has stopped spreading and you can see new skin is developing. It will take sometime to fully recover till it is unnoticed. On serious ulcer, it might even take more than a year.

Applying medication on recovering tissue or skin might stun or abort the natural recovery. The initial idea is to kill the germ and there after the fish will undergo natural recovering process. New tissue or skin is very fragile and can be destroyed by medication. Most medication is to kill or get rid of the culprit that infected the fish. It is not a recovery medication. To expedite recovery, providing the best water condition will be essential. You can also feed vitamin or apply mild topical like iodine. But catching the koi to apply topical medication can increase stress or induce further injury. Meaning, medicating needs a lot of understanding and consideration.

Hope my explanation helps bro.
    Regards.

• tghkoitghkoi May 2014
    Thanks capt
    Fish 90% recovered following your advise
  • ikankoikauikankoikau May 2014
    Glad to know that bro... (Y)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership