KENKONA KOI- Healthy Koi
  • muzamirmuzamir November 2012
    Bro Capt,

I hv just treated the whole pond yesterday with Kenkona due to few of kois found flashing aggressively quite often during this rainy season. Water para check done showed positive result (ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10 and PH 7.8) and the only thing that i can think of was parasite attack. Also i have spotted few froggies having party in my pond! banghead
    Observed that the whole 14 kois start flashing constantly after introducing kenkona...did 10% water change after 1 hour to dilute the concentration a bit but the flashing still exist. then i continue with another 10% water change after 3 hours..the fishes seems to reduce flashing. This morning..all the fishes look very calm and only 1 or 2 keep flashing at a bigger interval... The big karashigois and chagois occasionally found parking with clamp fins at the bottom.... another hobbyist suggest to treat with dimilin as this maybe the parasites/germs from the froggies causing this problem. Question: can kenkona mix with dimilin? Or should i do the 2nd dose of kenkona?? Thks bro.

• idrisidris November 2012
    bro do not mixed any medicine...there will be chemical reaction towards it..my question is, when you first added kenkona, why do you change 10% water after only 1 hour? did you use the correct dosage or more than it supposed to be? bro, the key is to be patience since the medicine already added...it takes times to react..anyway, i suggest you add the second dosage...just make sure you dosage are right..good luck bro
    Bro idris,
    Dosage used was correct. The only thing that worry me was the salt level that time. So i guess by partial water change will improve the situation. Will monitor further... Thks bro.

P/s: lambat lagilerr pond visit nie... =;
    bro..i thought u dont add salt anymore?hmm..salt no prob but just assure it less than 0.12%..ok..
    add a bit only....not more than 0.15..hehe..
    recomended usage is salt less than 0.12%..
  • ShukriShukri November 2012
    My advice and two cents worth........does not matter what medication you use, you have to give sufficient time for the medication to work. We can't expect a miraculous recovery upon introduction of the medicine. I urge you to follow the instruction and the appropriate dosage.......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Bro Shukri,
    Thks fr yr advise. will monitor further for it to take effect...
  • ikankoikauikankoikau November 2012
    Thanks bro Idris and bro Shukri for your help.

I used Kenkona Koi for medication and maintanence for quite sometimes. I have old stock of S1(still not expired) which I have used together with Kenkona Koi in the QT as a test, once recently. Beside that I keep salt for preparation for show. Dimilin and Masoten are for precaution for Anchor worms and fish lice. I keep PP, Iodin and Propolis for local application.

Other product might have the same function or usage but following the dosage recommendation and condition is very important for better effectiveness. From my observation, if the kois are affected with gill or skin flukes or parasites, the koi will start flashing as reaction to the medication. Things will settle down nicely. For other problem, there will be hardly any different reaction shown.

Now about usage of salt with formalin based medication. I have read a long article written by a western hobbyist which was posted by a hobbyist(forgot who) with regard to this issue. He said that he has read many warnings on the usage of salt and formalin but he couldn't fine the reason why not to. Therefore he has suggested it is ok as he has tried it before. Personally, just because he has published something in writing, that does not mean that he is right. He was not able to find the actual reason so we must not take his words as it is ok. Further more, nobody can challenge or comment his article. So let's exchange info here and correct me if I am wrong.

The high combo of salt and formalin can penetrate and strip koi's body all the way to Epidermis. That means it will pass thru Cuticle which consist of mucus and antibodies. This will leave the koi unprotected to infection. Any harm which is protected by mucus or antibody before can easily penetrate the koi's body and burn marks will be present as if human getting blister. Surely this will easily damaging the gills esp when the gills is having problem. Things will get even worst if there is ulceration involved.

Now, somebody says that formalin is used to treat salt water fish. True but how often do you see saltwater fish got affected by open ulcer? What is the recommended dosage for saltwater fish? Of course very much lower. High salt level alone is a protection for the saltwater fish.

Same goes with the PP and Formalin combo. Safe level for salt and formalin combo is below 0.15% but I have committed it to 0.12% as per the test carried out for Kenkona Koi. But if your kois are affected with open ulcer or Bacteria Gill Disease, please keep the salt level as low as possible and provide aeration as much as possible.

Regards
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2012-11-05 05:08:00 pm
    Thks bro Capt for yr feedback and informative note regarding salt with formalin mixture limitation.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau November 2012
    No prob bro. My pleasure. :-D
  • urbaneffectsurbaneffects November 2012
    Hi. Once Kenkona is used, all the bacteria at Bio Filter will die and we have to re start over. Any suggestion as to how to do this quickly?
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar November 2012
    Bro,
    When you pour in Kenkona in the chamber, pour partially. 30%, 30 minutes gap, 30%, 30 minutes gap and balance.
    The logical is, the dosage is used for entire pond, but you are pouring in a small chamber, which makes it very concentrated and kills most of the bacs.
    Nway, as sifu Shukri said in some of the thread earlier, a well established pond would have its bacteria kick start within days :)
  • pandaipandai November 2012
    Kenkona only have mild effect on the good bacteria. It will not kill all the bacteria in the biological filtration system so no "starting over" is required. Nevertheless, as recommended, do not feed during treatment, and after treatment cycle ended start with light feeding first before gradually going back to normal feeding regime.
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-11-19 12:25:14 pm
  • ShukriShukri November 2012
    I have used two continuous dosages of Kenkona and the fishes in the QT have recovered. RIght now there are no more redness or signs of diseases but with a small issue i.e. once in the while my Karashigoi breaks the surface of the water. Just to be safe (after being back from Royale Belum), I have changed the water, and have put in the finer version of S1 without any salt..........Lets see how it goes. I am sure that the worst is over, but I need to be darn sure before I release the kois into my main pond.......

Also in the main pond, the fishes are eating as per normal but will only eat sinking food, but rather slow to take the floating pellets. I have to ensure that these kois are 100% OK. I need to do statistical sampling for physical inspection. I really do not want to unnecessarily stress the kois, but I do not have other options.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-11-19 12:33:47 pm
    wahhh bang shukri...royale belum is the place i did my team building last month..huhu..when i meet you i will show 4.5kg toman that i got using my pond fishing rod...hehehe
  • paksengpakseng December 2012
    hi can anyone tell me where to get Kenkona in Singapore??
  • ikankoikauikankoikau December 2012
    Hi bro Pakseng.
    Sorry for the late reply. I am still in LA. So far myself or bro Pandai has not couried Kenkona product to Singapore due to liquid restriction. But I can send it to you if you have an address for me to send to Johore.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your support.

Regards.
  • rsingamrsingam December 2012
    Bro Pakseng and Bro ikankoikau,

I don't mind helping out. The Kenkona can be couried to my office and Bro Pakseng can then collect it from my office. My office is just 10 minutes from the Causeway. My office address is:-

43, Jalan Tun Abdul Razak,
    Susur 1/1,
    80000 Johor Bahru.

Regards,
    Rajasingam (h/p:019-7282992)
    Thank u very much bro for your help. I am on my way home. Transit in Narita right now.

Bro Pakseng, let me know if you want me to courier it to you.

Regards
    Hi Bro Rsingam and Bro Ikankoikau

Thank you for offering help... I am not in a hurry to get it though... Actually I am going to Genting on 13 Dec and I can to stop by somewhere near on the way to pick it up. I think its better so I dont have to do extra trip from Singapore... boleh ka ? Pakseng
  • rsingamrsingam December 2012
    Bro Pakseng,

In that case I leave it to Bro Ikankoikau to resolve it with you.

Regards,
    Rajasingam
    Bro Pakseng,

In that case you can always drop by in any of the dealers which are selling Kenkona product, Yamakoshi, Gosanke Koi or Atari Koi. You will have more flexible time to buy it rather then getting caught up with meeting time. You never know, you might bring back a koi or two :-D
    Thank you bros Ikankoikau and Rsingam... I see Gosanke Koi got some very nice kois... so you are right I might just kena sangkut with one. But bringing back home is tricky. Nevermind lah... but something more urgent... regarding salt levels and Blagdon anti fungus treatment... can these two go hand in hand if level of salt is near 0.30% ? Thanks for help anyone... regards, Pakseng
  • ShukriShukri December 2012
    No problem la Pakseng.........
    Hi Sifu Shukri... I remembered reading somewhere that when you have salt level at 0.30%
    in pond you have to becareful adding Blagdon anti fungus and bacteria lotion to get rid of other harmful stuff that salt cannot kill... will adding Blagdon be too much for the fish ... boleh kah ? Thank you for any help..
  • ShukriShukri December 2012
    Medication that has Formaldehyde with high level of salt maybe not a good idea. Just check again whether Blagdon anti fungus & bacteria has Formalin (Formaldehyde) or not? Blagdon Anti Ulcer for sure I advice you not to........
    I have tried 0.2% salt and Anti Ulcer........no problem la; but do not try it if you are in doubt.
  • pandaipandai December 2012
    Announcement: Kenkona Online is BACK IN BUSINESS!!! \:D/

Please visit the blog to order...! Keep your kois safe and healthy...! (Y) (Y) (Y)
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar December 2012
    =D>
  • pandaipandai December 2012
    1st order came in already. Thanks bros for the support! Initially we thought of ending the online introductory special price offer by end of the year but since I have not been able to fulfill orders for a while already, we extend until sometime next year lah...
  • koikichivnkoikichivn January 2013
    Hello bro and sis

Does kenkona can be used to treat finrot?
    Thanks
  • ikankoikauikankoikau January 2013
    Hi bro,
    I have tried myself on fin rot. It is very effective. Pls give us your feedback if you have tried it.
    Thank you.

Regards.
  • JSCJSC January 2013
    Hi Ikankoikau,
    Please advise where can I purchase kenkona in KL? Like to try solving my koi parking problem.
    Jsc
  • pandaipandai January 2013
    @JSC, they are available in major koi dealerships in KL or you can order them online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com
  • KimieKimie January 2013
    Hello guys,

My kois start flashing after introducing a new comer. I have drop 425ml to my 25.5T pond (inclusive filter chamber). This pond was in my new house (not yet shifted) and i was not there to monitor it for all the times. I will only go there after i'm back from work.

1st half an hour the fish act as normal. This morning, 9am i went and its look normal as well but just now at 1115 some of the fish start flashing again.

Yesterday only 1 koi flashing but just now a few of them start flashing (New comer & existing kois).

As a new Hobbyist, myself also start getting panic now and look for advises from some other friends.

Panic..panic..panic now.... please help...
    Hi sis kimie(I assume)

Relax sis. It will be fine. When the new comer introduced, most of the time the resident or/and new kois will show sign of flashing or parking. The medication will take effect on the parasit problem known and not known to you. Sometimes you dont know that there is a problem waiting for the perfect time to give you problem. Only when the kois get stressed up(due to water para or new koi intro), the effect can be seen. As long the water para is ok and suffficient aeration provided, you kois will be fine. Did you quarantine your new koi? Or short bath it?

Just monitor it a day or two. If the water para is ok and new koi doesnt carry serious disease, it will be fine.

Regards.
    So far the water para is OK and the aeration also Ok. I did the qt before put it to the pond. Will check again this afternoon. Hope everything get to normal.
  • pandaipandai January 2013
    Capt,

It's Bro Kimie lah. I spoke to him on the phone and he definitely sounded like a bro... Hehe.. :-D
    Hahaha bro pandai... Not a big issue. Most important is the kois recover now.
    Post edited by Kimie at 2013-01-30 08:22:47 pm
  • IzrulIzrul January 2013
    No more flashing bro kimie? (Y)
    1/2 hour monitoring just now no flashing...the fish start asking for pallets. Will monitor again tomorrow. :)
    Let them fast for 1-2 days more bro...so they will be more immune to bacteria or disease outbreak..
    Fish are healthy when they are always in hungry state..if im not mistaken
    Alrite bro. Thanks for your advise.
    Sorry BRO Kimie :) I know that was a tricky one :-D

Good to know that your kois have recovered well. In medicate a pond, certain problems will take time to see the result especially when it already penetrate the skin layer. As flashing, it can caused by many reasons but mainly sudden change of water para or parasite activity. I know for sure some hobbyist medicate their pond once a while as maintenance. This is just to overcome problem that you don't see(if any) and to counter check colliform level once a while. Like in your case, there might be parasite waiting to react and intro of a new comer is one of the favorite occasions for it to start party:-) Or the new comer brought something new threat into your pond. Either way, good to know it has been stopped.

Regards
    Yes, thanks Capt. The water para tested yesterday was: pH 7.4, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0 and nitrate 0 as well.
    nitrate 0?...it should have some reading..let say 5ppm to be good..
    owh really Bro Izrul, How to increase the nitrate?
    thru feeding bro..
    Ok bro because still fast them....
  • JSCJSC February 2013
    Hi Sifu and Bro who are familiar with Kenkona Koi medicine. Need URGENT advise!! I have a 10 tons pond and have just treated the pond with Kenkona but not sure my dosage is correct?? I figured 10tons = 10,000L. Hence the dosage calculated = 10,000/3000 * 50ml = 160ml. Am I correct? I saw my kois swing around rather fast and some come up for air? Worried that I may have overdose my pond!!! Please confirm my dosage is correct or advise what shall I do next? Thanks.
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar February 2013
    Bro, the dosage is correct.

It's recommended to pour 50% of the dosage first and balance after 30 min for the koi's get used to the mediation. I believe u pour in all in one go. Just monitor the behaviour. And pls make sure u have heavy aeration, 0 salt, no feeding and off UV.

• JSCJSC February 2013
    Thanks Bro Bthineshkumar! I did pour all at one go which I realised is not good. The pond blue tint has cleared and the kois look ok now.. Stopped feeding for 3 days and UV is off too.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau February 2013
    Thanks bro TK for your comment. Really appreciate it.

The idea is to spread the medication evenly. At one go, certain portion of the pond will be high in concentration initially until it get spead out all around the pond. This will also depend on how effective the water circulation in the pond.

I personally add Kenkona Koi in a pail of pond water or tab water and drip it by poking one or two small holes under the pail or container. So the mixture drops bit by bit in the pump chamber. By doing this, it will ensure good distribution and thru my experience, the good bacteria hardly get affected with Kenkona Koi compare to one or twice pouring in 1st or 2nd chamber.
    The kois are more relax by applying this method. In fact I use this method whenever I medicate the pond on even adding anti chlorine when I carry out partial water change.

Regards
  • JSCJSC February 2013
    Hi Sifu, I treated my 10tons pond with 160 ml Kenkona yesterday I.e Friday at 5pm to help a few parking kois. This morning I notice a few non parking kois are flashing. I figured the medication may not be enough and decided to add another 20ml of kenkona. It rains very heavily today and I notice many of my kois swim vigorously in the pond and flashing! What shall I do next? Need your help please!
  • JSCJSC February 2013
    Hi Sifu, another observation: kois seems swimming towards water return from filter looking for air and some kois swimming with one side fin clamped?
  • JSCJSC February 2013
    Hi Sifu, many kois flashing and additional koi parked. I'm very worried. Flushed my filters and 15% water change with anti chlorine API stress coat+. Kois look slightly better but still can see many flashing and koi parking with fin clamped.
  • IzrulIzrul February 2013
    Hope any experienced bros can chip in...
  • MfwleeMfwlee February 2013
    JSC - just in case the gurus are busy tonight - I would normally do a large ( 25%+) dechlorinated water change, plus add another air pump and a couple of stones immediately. This would normally buy me some time to get good advice.

Sorry - I do not have the knowledge as I do not normally do chemical treatments to my pond, but the above should help until you get better advice.
    Mike Lee
  • boertokoiboertokoi February 2013
    Bro JSC,

From my experience using KK.

1) In QT tank, i poured the right dosage directly and the Koi that i was treating (parking issue) swam upwards the water return. I think this must be due too high concentration at one go and this is not good. However the Koi was ok the next day.

2) In FG Tank, i poured the right dosage not directly but into my waterfall basin and drips slowly into the main tank. Kois behave normally. I applied in the morning and by night time 3 kois started flashing. The next day (2nd day) the 3 still flashing. Only on the 3rd day all became normal. Then only i do 30% water change and salt to 0.15. I didn't do any water change and no feeding during that 3 days cycle (as advised).

Hope this helps a bit.

Zul
    Bro Jsc,
    As bro Zul mentioned, let the medication do its work. It would take 3 days for medication to show effects and on worse case scenario like serious ulser, second and third dose is needed.

For normal flashing, single dosage should do the trick.
    Cheers :)
  • nocturnalnocturnal February 2013
    Hi Jsc

please give the medication some time :)
    some medication strips oxygen (salt does this too) that is why heavy aeration is recommended.

is ur pond shaded? heavy rain changes pH (rain water is acidic, too much will bring down pH), big change in pH discomfort kois, that's the reason behind flashing when it rains.

flashing is a reaction of other discomfort too, trying to dislodge foreign objects from gills, itch, bacteria cross over, change of water parameters that causes irritation to body to name a few. always find the reason behind it b4 taking any action.

most of the time parking after a lot of flashing activity is normal. the kois are tired after the vigorous flashing & parking is the 'rest' they take. if u have already taken the necessary action, just monitor them & let them be.

try not to panic, always look for the cause b4 taking any action.
    do give some time for the medication to take effect too :)

hope this helps

adik
    Post edited by nocturnal at 2013-02-04 12:08:17 am
  • JSCJSC February 2013
    Hi all bro and sifu, my kois are still flashing vigorously this morning (i.e. 3rd day of Kenkona Treatment) and just then I noticed all my kois parked. My Koi farm buddy recommend me to PP the pond and I hesitated as do not want to introduce too much medications and stress the koi further. I will locate my spare Air pump and introduce a few more air stones to increase air contents in the pond. Need to waits till the local pet shop open as I do not have any spare air stones and tubing.

For info, many of my normally healthy kois now has red vines on their body, they swim vigorously and flashes. Now, they are all parked...

Hopefully, they will recover the day ends. ..

Thanks again for all the useful advise..

Hi Jsc

veins showing is a sign of stress, from ur postings in the forum am i right the reason all this started is because u introduced a new koi to the pond?
    Hi bro JSC,
    Sorry couldnt reply earlier as I was busy conducting training session.today. Anyway, did you check the water parameter? This is very important because no matter what medication we applied, water quality must be reasonably good or else nothing will happen or things might get worse.

I am not sure whether the aeration in your pond is sufficient. Kois swimming under the water fall normally indicates insufficient oxy or disolved oxygen or certain water para is unsatis. My suggestion is to add aeration and wait for 3 days for the medication to take effect.

Is the any new addition like what bro adik has mentioned? This could be one of the reason too. But if yhe dosage os right as per your pond, the kois should be settled within the 1st three days fornflashing and parking.

Wait till tomorrow and carry out partial water change around 20%. Let see what happen. Red vein is common for stressed koi and Kenkona Koi is very good for it but certainly not created it. We need to find the real cause of this problem that you are having. Keep ud update bro.

P/s: thanks brudders for your input to help bro JSC.
  • gerrygerry February 2013
    Hi Bro JSC,

Maybe you would like to try S1 solution? You'll need 10 litres for your pond though....

And salt up to 0.3%.... It worked for my kois before.... same situation as yours...

But you might want to do some 30% water change before using this medication...

Worth a try... :)
  • JSCJSC February 2013
    Hi Bro and Sifu, I have added 2 air stones power by my spare hiblow 20. Monitoring the koi now and hopefully things will settle down . Yes, I introduce a new koi into the pond on last Friday. That may be another major reason for all this happening. The heavy rains the last 2 days may be another factor.. Do u thing I shall PP or put another dose of Kenkona after 25% water change? Once again thanks for the advise!
  • JSCJSC February 2013
    Hi Bro, my most beautiful sanke 55cm jumped out of the pond and badly injured due to the distress. . PP the pond to stop the itch and irritation and flashing reduced drastically. add salt to prevent secondary infection as suggested by my koi farm buddy. Hopefully, the koi will survived the injuries. I saw lots of blood on the floor where the koi jumped. Luckily my maid was around and return it to pond promptly...
    oh dear..... sorry for my late reply, a bit busy this afternoon to log in to the forum.

since u have already PP the pond, add very high aeration as PP is an oxygen stripper too.
    may i know the dosage u administer?

• pandaipandai February 2013
    Bro,

Sorry to hear about the mishap. Anyway, the blood may or may not be due to the injury as fish under stress will also bleed from its gills.
  • JSCJSC February 2013
    Hi Bro, I put 20g of PP into my 10 tons pond. Salt to 0.5%. Much less flashing now except for 1 50cm+ kohaku which also look slightly bend at the tail tube. May be it get injured hiting the edge of my pond..generally still see red veins in most of my koi . Hopefully they will get better.
    happy to hear that things are better, hope it will carry on that way :)

cheers
  • JSCJSC February 2013
    Hi All Bro, just a quick update that all my kois are back to normal now after 3 round of PP and 1 round of Green Medicine. Thank you all brothers for giving good advise... Lesson learned: Alway quarantine your new kois properly before introduce the to your main pond!! I usually have the farm PP the new kois and introduce them to my pond without hesitation after floating the bag for 30mins and add some pond water to familiarize the new koi with the pond water. This time the farm do not PP as I need to bag the koi for 6 hours journey from KL to SG by bus. I tried short bath with the Kenkona I just purchase instead of PP when I reach home. Unfortunately, I missed calculated the dosage and decided to cut short the short bath to only 10 mins.. Couple with the heavy rain and roof run off to my pond, I experienced the worst nightmare that put all my kois in serious stress... Luckily with the help of brothers and my koi farm buddy, I managed to help the kois recovered from this serious mishap ( mostly my fault). Thinking over, I strongly suggest all brothers to quarantine that kois properly and avoid silly problem like mine... Thanks and Happy New Year!!
    =D> =D> =D>
    Gud to know all recovered bro.
    Bravo...
  • ashfaqashfaq February 2013
    (handshake) good to hear brother
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
  • ta5851ta5851 February 2013
    Thanks Bro pandai for sending Kenkona to me on time. This start all because I add in 4 new koi from Yamakoshi penang without quarantine the koi first since I see the workers soak the fish in high con. PP for a few minutes. After few hours adding the new koi, most of the old koi start flashing. Then I put salt 0.1% but the flashing does not stop. Hence, I do one round of PP for 2 hours but the flashing also does not stop. Then after 2 days, I add in dimilin which do the trick last time, but this time also does not work, some of the koi even flashing more. 2 days later 2 of my koi start to show pinkish skin with red vein on the fin and swim 45D with tail up and the rest start parking with close fin. I become panic, I immediately quarantine the two koi and change 15% OF WATER. Then i start the antibacteria treatment on this two koi in quarantine tank. At first, the other koi seem to flash less but last night most of them still flashing quite badly even though less koi parking. Luckily, yesterday I got my Kenkona delivered and hence try my luck by trying this short gun method. I add 350ml of kenkona to my 21ton pond at 10pm and at first the koi seem to irritate by kenkona where the koi flashing more. However, after few hours, flashing become less and less and I hardly notice any flashing this morning and the koi seem to swim more relaxed. Thank to abang pandai for sending this product to me on time. Seem like I will have a good sleep tonight after few stressful and sleepless night. Hopefully, the flashing will totally stop in 1 or 2 days time. But until now, I still don't know what cause the flashing.
    Post edited by ta5851 at 2013-02-21 12:13:13 pm
    Good to hear that Bro Tan. I'm just the delivery boy... :-D

Do post your status and updates here so that all the sifus here can help if necessary. Good luck!
  • tomtrantomtran February 2013
    Can i get this into usa ?
    Bro @tomtran,

As advised by bro @ikankoikau before, and I quote, "I have request from hobbyist outside Malaysia but there are restriction to be complied. On top of that, the shipping cost is quite high. It is much better to send the product in bulk to a dealer which will reduce the cost and can handle the formalities. But this isuue is in the pipeline."

I will let him update further. Thanks.
    Pandai Bro, have one question regarding antichlorine and kenkona, can antichlorine to be use when kenkona still in action? Will antichlorine neutralised the kenkona like what happen to PP when we add antichlorine?
  • tohon99tohon99 February 2013
    Hi Brothers, Im just started with this hobby. May I know where to get this kencona koi product? I have a problem here. I have a 43ft long x 13ft width(including 3ft filtration chambers) x 3.5ft deep pond). I added a new chagoi without quarantine into my fish pond last saturday. On Monday, I discovered it has a reddish thing appearing on its tail. But its behaviour is still normal. Other fish also looks ok and still active. Do I need to separate my chagoi now?
  • pslongpslong February 2013
    If you could take a picture of the reddish thing it would help the sifus diagnose it and then advised the right steps

Cheers
  • tohon99tohon99 February 2013
    ok cheers
    After 2 round of Kenkona, no more flashing. Thanks god ......and also kenkona
  • JSCJSC February 2013
    Hi Sifu, please advise what is the effect of salt on kenkona? Is it safe to use kenkona with salt higher than 0.1%?
    Hi hobbyist,
    Very sorry as I was very busy lately. Thank God I have bros who can provide feedbacks and answers for the questions posted with regard to Kenkona Koi.

Bro JSC, so sorry to hear about your problem and I am glad that your kois have recovered well.
    Bro Tan, good to know that Kenkona Koi has helped you out. So far Antichlorine has no effect on Kenkona Koi effectiveness.
    For salt level, the limitation written on the lebel is based on actual test carried out. Higher salt level will have effect as Kenkona Koi is Formalin base. Zero salt will be the best.

There are so many diseases or problems in this hobby and there are many solutions too. Different procedure required from one product to another. In earlier days, some hobbyist encountered with overdose or incorrect application as we are used to higher dosage on other medications. To trust the dosage recommended was a big issue back then. After that was to apply correctly with many ponds' condition such as salt level, aeration and etc.

I have learned a lot from the hobbyist's feedback(thank you very much) and still trying to observe the strength and limitation of my product. To diagnose a problem is very important. To correctly apply the medication is important too. If this product is not mine, I will be glad actually as I can communicate directly to the correct person himself. Most products out there like S1, Blagdon or even chemical like Dimilin, OTC and etc may have failed many times before but we got nobody to complain or comment to. As a hobbyist who want my product to be cheap, effective and helpful, I sincerely appreciate your comment and feedback. Good and bad will always be treated as part of learning process. Thank you.

As I have mentioned quite sometimes ago, this product was tested in many diseases and problems. It was based on actual result. Prior to marketing it, Seremban duo have been using it quitely for almost 2 years. Presently and for more than 4 years, I only have Kenkona Koi,Dimilin/Masoten and PP(hardly used) for pond treatment. For topical application, I only have Propolis, PP and purple spray. I just use salt for preparation for koi show only. Why I am saying this is that there are many products in the market and you have to pick the one that suit your koi best. Things will be very complicated when we apply to many medications and this will even stress our sick koi more. Water para is a major factor when you try to cure your problem. Many hobbyist might have tried to medicate the kois in a bad water quality(in quarantine tank esp) which has made the situation worse rather than recovering. So the moral of the story, provide the best water quality with very good aeration when you are trying to medicate a koi or pond treatment regardless of any product used.

I have written too long I guess after a long absent. Better stop now:-))

Regards n thank u for all your support.
    Dear bro tomtran,

Bro Pandai has mentioned the problem we had. It must be transported via sea. I believe cheaper too but it must be in bulk.

Thank you for your interest.
  • wilson911wilson911 March 2013
    Hi all , i would like to share some info here.
    last week few kois develop some ulcer and fin rot. so i seperate into two plastic container serious punya satu side and not so serious punya satu side and put some yellow powder and salt and wait for 2 days.

after 2 day those fish still same no sign of recovering then i decided to go tropicana there buy a bottle of KENKONA KOI.

i start first dosage on last sunday (2/3/13)
    change 30 % of water and put 2nd dosage (5/3/13)
    today i can see the result. the fish flesh looks like recovering, mouth ulcer and red veins gone.

i would like to thx to that tropicana guy i duno that uncle name, info given by all of you and lastly the inventor of this KENKONA KOI.

when can i put back those fish into main pond and what i need to do after this ? (sorry for my stupid question coz im still new and young to this hobby)
  • pandaipandai March 2013
    Wilson,

That's good to hear! In my opinion, if there are no more physical signs of ulcers and red veins and for the fact that you have completed 2 doses of medication, then the fishes should be ready to go back into the main pond maybe tomorrow i.e. third day after second dose. But do keep a watchful eye on their progress and physical conditions in the main pond for the next few days.
    alright thx for your advice. BTW this kenkona koi have expired date ? if no i will buy another bottle as spare tyre :D
  • RyantRyant March 2013
    Can direct apply on the koi ulcer ?
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar March 2013
    Bro Ryant,
    It's not advisable for direct application as its very concentrated solution. Yellow powder is more suitable for direct application
    I heard a story from a fellow koikichi who applied kenkona directly (even already diluted 15 times!) on a koi with ulcer. It burned the koi skin. The koi survived but with permanent damage on the pectoral fin. Not advisable.
    can we use this kenkona koi for short bath new fish for 1 hour then straight put into pond ?
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar March 2013
    Bro Wilson,
    You can have a short bath but before short bath, let the koi's get used to the pond water minimum 4-6 hours. After monitor the koi condition, you may add Kenkona for short bath as per described dosage for one hour. Pls monitor koi behavior during this time and plenty of aeration before transfer to main pond.
    But pls try to have a proper QT procedure when introducing new koi to the pond
    Gd Luck bro
    Agree with bro TK. Yours truly once killed a fish by putting the fish straight into a short bath without letting it get used to the pond water first, and on top of that, could have possibly overdosed a bit, and to make it worse, did not monitor the fish during the short bath. Yours truly only has himself to be blamed for that. banghead
  • RyantRyant March 2013
    oh dear!!! i think i make a big mistake. my koi skin suffering.
    what should i do to help the koi?
  • gundamgundam June 2013
    After apply the kenkona koi for second time. I saw some my kois not active n always park. tancho koi. Please see attachment need some advise from Otai2..
  • TaiFeiTaiFei June 2013
    Gundam, please check the salinity of of your water. Might require 1/4 water change.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership