KENKONA KOI- Healthy Koi
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar August 2012
    What capt says is 100% true. As my pond is small and limited facilities, I can only install 1 spray bar. But before spray bar, I installed shade which bring down temp 2 c. After 3 week installed 1 spray bar which bring down another 2 c. But I have a valve at bottom of my spray bar, as such I control the spray bar and slowly increase the pressure for the period of 10 days. I did this for the koi to get used to this new environment of continuous 'rain' not knowing the fact that sudden drop of temp also stress for koi.
    If I think back, our koi dealer when receive new shipment, would use chiller to bring down the temp to our room temp in the period of 2 weeks. So temp plays an important role for koi stress
    IMHO, below are possible root cause:
    1) installed too many spray bar at one go leads to sudden temp down
    2) the fittings itself is not clean which carried some bact or the glue used for the fittings are not pond friendly- there are some glue in market contains hazard material which is not for pond usage and mainly for construction use only
    3) Not sure on this one- the spray bar leads to surrounding area to get wet means water from pond going out. As for my pond, the water loss is around 5% per day, as such I reduces my auto fill to pond to 10%, so overall total water top up per day is 15%. Maybe in some situation this is very high which is another cause.

All the above from my personal experience. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
  • mangkellmangkell August 2012
    Those mutated viruses are attacking Tosais... I believe Bro Lauts, Bro SRatha & Bro TK got some Tosais....

Any feedback Bros? :/
    Mickeyko Ducati-Kujamon Chagreemon Brabus#Sexy-Robust
    :-D
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-08-14 08:39:38 am
    All of my collection are tosai. Touch wood, so far I have no bact or virus issue as I have a monthly maintanance with kenkona and weekly maintenance of water change with 0.3% salt and tensiongon
    This is a few facts from my THOR-OX™ :-t :-

1-Can bring down water temp from 31°C at 7pm to 25C at 7am. That's a 6C drop in just 12hours. Not few days or week. After that, Daily fluctuate is 25-27C. +2C in 24hr, this is OK. Also within PBT 22-28C.

My concern is when black out. No electricity without warning. Say 27C at 7pm can jump to 32C in just 1 hour. +5C in 1hr, this is critical. bcoz of the Hiblows backup fast heating up.... Theory only..... Dare to test? Also 32C is outside PBT.

2-They consist of 2 major component, the Spray Bar by AKA Koi & the Shower gravity drop by Bro PH8. Both Credit already mentioned in THOR-OX™ :-t thread..... Need I mention them each time kaa... HeHe.... :-D

3-My daily water drip change is 40% with pH5.9 & Temp at 32C. Despite that, Pond water stable at pH7.8 . No chlorine bcoz underground boring source. More than 10% daily is dangerous? No lah...... As long it's a drip, little by little..... Not 40% lump sump. Got it.
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-08-14 09:10:05 am
  • ikankoikauikankoikau August 2012
    Bro TK,
    What you did was right. I should have done that. One more thing, when I use another pump, my pond turn over rate increased too. It use to be around 70 min but now maybe less than 45 min. I'm not sure nitrification bacteria in the filter chambers have enough dwell time to convert Ammonia and Nitrite safely as my filter is conventional without Bakki Shower. But I did noticed the kois flashed quite often.

Something got to be adjusted.
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur August 2012
    Bro and Sis,

I hear some have rain lately. Is this start of rainy season?
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • ShukriShukri August 2012
    Bro Harry,
    It has been raining quite frequent lately........I surely hope that those affected will find the root cause.......If it is really true that temperature can fluctuate from 24 to 29 degrees in a day, and over many days or months, can the fishes especially Tosais take it? Anyone has experience with this?

I have just bought a chiller and in the process of installing it. Now with the turn of events with regards to the spray bar, I will be very cautious as not to drop the temperature too quickly. A drop fo 1 degree over 3 days for me..........hope this is safe enough......

For those with chiller experience, please share the DO and DON'T with us.........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • idrisidris August 2012
    bro aznan, its not a matter of one go or drip..point is 40% water change per day...back to the topics..
  • gerrygerry August 2012
    So sorry for your losses bro Idris and capt Borman... sad to hear about it.

Have read on the internet before that there are bacteria/viruses that lay dormant in warm temperatures like ours here in Malaysia.

It is when the temperature falls that these become active and start attacking the host which unfortunately for this case happen to be the kois.... :-(
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur August 2012
    Bro Shukri,
    Using chiller is preferable because it has a termostat that give you exact temp, maybe different is 1degree only. But constant rain also sometimes can cause problem, because. It change water parameters, most our tap watersource is from top water, and it can easily affected during rainy season. Shallow well also posses greater risk, because most pollutan will wash to our well. I normally sterilize my watersource and do as little water change as possible during rainy days especially first month ofrainy season. Outdoor pond mostly easily got affected.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    Sis Gerry,

Tell us some more on those dormant bacteria, only active upon temp drop....

Could happen to anybody.... Like a time bomb.. X_X
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-08-14 03:07:53 pm
  • lautslauts August 2012
    Bro Idris, Capt , YipM,

Very sorry to hear of your losses. Have not been following this thread as well as Koianswers for few days already, only know abt this upon prompting by a koi sifu.

I totally agree with what Capt said " My theory, there were bad bacteria which never appear before at higher temperature. My kois were not used to these bacteria and they also got stressed up by the sudden change of temp and environment. " At different temp , different bacterias becomes dominant. Stress from too fast a temp change helps to weaken kois for opportunistic bacteria to work on kois further. I read anything more than 3C drop daily is not good. I think those using chiller first time will have better knowledge on this.

Unless you are using Thor-X like bro Aznan , i don't think you can get more than 3C drop in one day. I don't have problem with my kois including some new tosais introduced during the use of spray bar. They have been on QT for more than 1 month. I did lose 2 shiro while on QT , no spray bar used on QT. The lost of these 2 tosai still puzzle me which i believe bacterial in nature. But this is to be expected every tosai season something strange will hit some of us. So be extra vigilant.

My daily water variation is abt 0.4-0.5c. While it could be up to almost 1C when i do a water change. Last week i recorded the lowest temp at 25.1C and after 15% change went up to 26.1C in one day. Have no issue with all the kois tosai included. As precaution i minimise feeding to 25% of usual for few days and one day no feeding.

Suggest to have a new thread on this new disease and deal with this new temparature range , so that all bros can share openly. Lets go easy on each other esp with the Raya holidays around the corner. Maaf zahir dan batin bros.

ts
    Sis Gerry n brudders,

Thank you for your soothing words. I hope my post earlier is clear that I'm not against the spray bar. You can even use chiller, ice block, heat exchanger or high velocity turbo prop to lower the temp but that is not the issue here. It not about what we use to lower the temp. It's about what sudden change in temp and lower temp can affect our koi and pond. Period. We will learn better this way.

What bro Lau and sis Gerry have mentioned about dormant bacteria is true and published widely in internet. But I(and a few others) got the "opportunity" to learn it the hard way. I used to under estimate this problem before. It will go to waste if we don't take it in a correct and positive manner.

I plan to switch off the spray bar at night to avoid too much temp fluctuation. But by doing this, the DO level will be reduced as the spray bar promotes good aeration. Further more photosynthesis process is reversed at night. Maybe alternate use of one blower against the spray bar will be good.

Thanks again bros n sis.

P/s: I agreed with bro Lau, to introduce this issue in a new thread. Most likely hobbyist will not search for this issue under koi medication.
  • farikfarik August 2012
    Bro capt,bro idris,bro yipm
    Just read this thread, so sorry for your loss bros....truly agree on these microorganisms are opportunistic.... dormant....when the environment is ideal they will bloom and have the licence to kill.
    Bro Shukri, Bro Ashfaq,

Please open a new thread on this. Pls also copy & paste with yr PC all the relevant info for easy reference.....

Me can't do that, using android..... Tq :-D
  • HDCuHDCu August 2012
    I have been reading this discussion post and would like to express my sympathy to those who lost their kois.

I would like to say that IMO that temperature drop with installation of spray bar does not make sense in a fish kill.

What does kill kois are stress and a weak immune system. A koi that is not use to sudden shift of just 0.2 PH or 3 degrees brought about with a sudden change of water parameters because of rain or sudden onset of atmosperic temperature will experience stress. What all breeders agree is that putting a koi in a mudpond increase a kois ability to handle stress plus a stronger immune system. For a hundred days, they get no assistance with medicine, heaters or chiller, oxygenators for that matter. Despite being placed in a body of water with different strains of bacteria and parasites, they survive and thrive. Of course, a few would perish but these would be considered as a weaker strain that nature culls.

The problem is that nishikigois are getting genetically weaker as quality have increased. How many times have we heard of top quality kois dying after winning in a koi show all over the world? Why is the lifespan of many kois getting shorter and shorter? Why cant quality nishikigoi survive in water condition where local bred kois have no problem living? How many times have top farms in Japan lost their kois of all age group despite their best expertise.

I have lost many kois myself over the years. Some because of my stupidity and some because of stupidity of others and some for no apparent reasons that defy logic. And in those times that I cannot reason out I just try to think that it is a weak fish that nature will eventually cull sooner or later because it was not given either an ability to adapt to survive(survival of the fitness) as compared to others.
    Dear koi hobbyist,

I am pleased to inform that Kenkona Koi can also now be purchased at Atarikoi. So the 3 main dealers which are selling Kenkona Koi are:
    1) Yamakoshi Mura
    2) Gosanke Koi
    3) Atarikoi

For hobbyist outside Klang Valley, you can purchase it directly from me(thru courier svc) or from the dealers, at the same price.

On the inquiry on Live Microbes for food, I plan to officially bottled it MAYBE in Sept or October. But there are quite a number of hobbyist have been using it including the dealers.

Thank you for your support and warm regards.

• ashfaqashfaq August 2012
    Dear captain and idris,
    Just saw the thread and I am really sorry for the loss :( .
    I know how we feel when something like this happened.
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    No prob bro Ashfaq. Thank you. Its a lesson learned ;-)
    Capt.
    Msg noted on the Microbes. Would it be sold during the Wakagoi show?
  • SsmannSsmann August 2012
    Bro IKK, some update for you after using Kenkona about 2 weeks ago.

I got some new koi which were already quarantined, so I Masuk them into my pond. 1st day all happy, swimming maybe even a little romance was in the air : ). Day 2, all hell broke loose and ALL kois but my Ochiba starting flashing and parking. I was worried. Checked water parameters and all within safe zone. So thought off adding salt, 0.2 percent to be exact for my 8 tonne pond with filter. Some improvement noted. Changed water next day brought sat down to 0.12. Dosed kenkona per instructions. Not much improvement. Went to work following day, asked maid to drain half filter chamber and add new wAter. She did and me not knowing she added another 10kg of salt. I came home saw kois a little happier so thought another dose of Kenkona would help. Put in 75ml. After an hour fishes started flashing and some even suicidal trying to jump out!!!! Check parameters, all ok. Checked salt, 0.27!!! Straight changed water, added sugar!!! Hahahahah to neutralize salt and papaya skin....my wife says when she overdose salt in the curry she uses papaya skin to balance it out. It worked bro....salt level dropped to 0.15. All kois were OK.....

Today they are all happy. Moral of the story, always check parameters incl salt before any medication. Papaya skin helps...not so sure bout the sugar though. My pond wAter must be real sweet now....cause there is about 5kg of sugar in there.....somehow kois seem happier!!!! And lotsa ants around filter area!!!!

Budak baru belajar......
    Post edited by Ssmann at 2012-08-29 01:40:45 pm
  • farikfarik August 2012
    Bro ssmann,
    Ha,ha...thanks for sharing....Hmmm...papaya skin....didn't the kois wallop the skin as well??? good to know the papaya skin helps....
    Bro Ssman,
    Thanks for sharing the experience and MSG well noted. Luckyly no mishap [-O<
  • HDCuHDCu August 2012
    Bro SSmann,

I dont see how sugar can neutralize salt. sugar will just increase the food and ammonia levels for the bacteria to grow. Also, I dont understand why the need to reduce salt level to below 0.3 percent.

When you said you added new koi that were already quarantined, what was the quarantine procedure you did? Also did you fast the koi in the pond prior to adding a new koi.
  • farikfarik August 2012
    Bro HDCu,
    I think bro ssmann was trying to get the level of salt to below or at 0.1% as he was using kenkona...as this is what kenkona instructs.
  • HDCuHDCu August 2012
    Ok ,so Kenkona mix with more than 0.1percent salt will cause kois to be in discomfort and flash? :-?
    Bro farik and tk, thanks! All kois ok now. Had to xperiment a little la...hahahahah. Papaya skin was nt eaten....slight nibbles only

Bro HDCu, I reduced the salt level as that is what is recommended on kenkona, below 0.12 has been safely tested. Bcos it contains formalin, can't take chances with salt. On why I put sugar, that was the only thought that came to mind immediately....hahahahha? On quarantine, the previous owner did it as he was medicating his pond per routine. I had fasted all kois for a week
    Post edited by Ssmann at 2012-08-29 05:00:50 pm
  • weihanweihan August 2012
    Bro Ssmann, did u put in the water in the bag from new fishes as well?
    Bro weihan, nope....just floated on the surface, then bowled out, only new koi went in.....
    Bro Ssmann,

Thanks for using Kenkona Koi. Interesting experience bro. Sometimes experience like this can be very interesting. I like to learn new findings, theories and experiences. Actually a forum without new findings will be very boring. And we will not hv "old school" and "new school" applications. We will be stucked with the knowledge which we already have known. Since we don't have R&D specifically for this hobby, I believe all of us are the R&Ds. ;-)

How to overcome NPS by sifu David n Paul, was a good example of new findings. Maybe using talapia to overcome NPS also a new finding. Of course when I wanted to apply this approach, many hobbyist disagreed and skeptical about it. But with the result, I will not hesitate to apply it again.

If you ask any cook, to reduce salty dishes, they will add sugar. To dilute with water will interrupt other flavor or ingredient. If only you have checked the parameters before and after the sugar was added...
    Then these questions could have been answered. How much sugar added to reduce certain amount of salinity? How much papaya needed? What parameters changes and what is the precaution? As you know, to dilute salt level by changing water will take long time esp for big pond. The faster way could be by adding sugar, like what a cook does :-D From cooking point of view, not much sugar needed to reduce salty taste.

Actually sugar is one of the common food source for most bacterias. It wont affect the nitro bacteria much, maybe good for them :-)) It will raise the Ammonia but the a valuable finding will be "increase by how much?". How much will PH be affected?

Bro HDCu, YES bro, high salt level will cause discomfort to kois when you use Formalin and/or MG based medication. As for Kenkona Koi, a dealer has tested it above 0.2% and the koi were not comfortable at all. At 0.15%, they were fine. But I kept the figure of 0.12% as a good buffer.
  • pandaipandai August 2012
    Capt, for cooking, my mum used to teach me that to reduce salty taste you can either add sugar, or potato. Sugar will mask the salty taste while potato will actually absorb the salt without changing the food taste. I also know of some cooking advice that says to add tomato, baking soda etc. but most are just to mask the salty taste. More cooking tips to follow... Hahaha!!!

Anyway, chemistry wise, I don't think sugar will "dilute" the concentration of salt. The salt is still in the pond and the only way to reduce its concentration is by adding water then removing some i.e. water change. On the other hand, I suspect papaya skin may have same effect as what my Mum taught me on potato... :-?
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    Capt and Pandai, thanks for all comments. As mentioned, this was a drastic experiment, anything that would help bring down the salt level during crisis. There is no way for a novice nutty professor like me to proof the theory...but it safed my kois...that's all that matters : )

But truly agree, that sharing is best, thats the only way we learn and improve
  • jamiltjamilt October 2012
    Bros and capt @ikankoikau, i have set up a new quarntine tank, amonia is high, i am using pondplus n podprotect alternately. Now trying biozyme100. Can kenkona be used together with these products?
  • ShukriShukri October 2012
    Bro,
    Please buffer the water with salt........Since it is a Q tank, you can introduce Zeolite to absorb the Ammonia. If you buffer the salt to 0.3%, I do not believe that the Ammonia being absorbed by the zeolite will be released back into the water........at higher salt levels i.e. like 5% salt, sure la...........but at that level, kois will also fly back to Japan.......

Since it is a Q T, Ammonia blocker can also be used.......

And my personal opinion, I do not see why you can't use Kenkona or any other medicine for quarantining purposes........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Tq bro will go get zeolite. Zeolite can be used together with kenkona and nitrifying bacteria?
    Post edited by jamilt at 2012-10-06 03:34:54 pm
    No problem.........
    Tq bro
  • ikankoikauikankoikau October 2012
    Bro Jamil,

Kenkona can be used with those products but like Biozyme, the result will be affected as Kenkona Koi has anti bacteria agent eventhough it react quite mild against nitification bacteria.

When you are using Kenkona Koi, certainly you are having problem with your koi. So I would suggest you to carry out partial water change around 30%(which will dilute the Ammonia) and stop feeding completely. This will arrest the Ammonia issue.

Another easier way is to add Vivakoi. Some will claim that this will be a waste of effort as Kenkona will affect live microbes in Vivakoi but I personally tested that some bacteria will still survive and the best part is that the live microbes will reduce the PH. Any PH below 7.1 will reduce the effect of Ammonia completely and it will be harmless to the koi.

You can use my nitrification bacteria if you dont have Vivakoi. I can pass to you during the show. Just call me.

Regards

Borman
    019 5556507
    Captain, I've ben in singapore since sunday. Tq, would like to try the bacteria. Will contact u once I'm back
    Capt @ikankoikau, i have put both the D and C konkena bacteria in my pond 11 Oct 2012, Kenkona Denitration at 11am and Kenkona Clarity at 11pm. Salt was at 0.43. The next morning of Oct 12 9.00am I tested water there's slight improvement of amonia reading from 0.5 to 0.25. Nitrite is between 0.25 and 0, a slight improvement from 0.25 reading the day before.

However, i couldn't test the water today Oct 13 coz last night I realised 2 of my fish has fungus on their heads and a kohaku has popped eye.

I had to lower down the water 70% and start filling water from last night coz I need to bring down the salinity below 0.1 in order to use Kenkona. My pond is still in NPS after renovation 3 weeks ago and my fish has not been doing well from last week. I did not medicate them because I thought it was the water parameter change that caused their instability. (gulping from time to time, a little flashing here and there). However, Oct 12 10pm I realised the fungus and popped eye.

Will wait till this evening till the salinity down to safe level and will treat with Kenona, will update on progress. However thanks again Capt for letting me try the Kenkona D and Kenkona C.
    Bro Jamilt,
    Nice to meet you. Sorry we couldnt lepak that day as I was late for my meeting. The traffic jam in KL is getting worse. Next time maybe we can go for teh tarik session with the kichis;-)

It will be complicated when you are trying to overcome NPS while having health issue with the kois. If you have a quarantine tank, it will be much better to treat them saperately. After all you need to have good QT for this hobby. By applying medication to the pond, it will slow down the process to overcome NPS. Same problem experienced by bro Muzamir. So saperate these kois and treat them, carry out one time treatment for the pond and continue to overcome the NPS.

The Kenkona D(Denitration) and C(Clarity) are good to expedite overcoming NPS and general use for pond especially when the good bacteria got knock downed by medication. Water para and waste will also improve after using it regularly. Also good for setting up QT as the bacteria will act faster against Ammonia/Nitrite and to transport koi for show. Some hobbyist who are kind enough to try this bacteria have given good feedbacks so far. A sifu even mixed into paste food and getting very good result.

By the way, the behaviour shown by your kois maybe due to Ammonia as Nitrite will not be an isuue as your pond is salted. When it got stressed up, many problem will kick in. Continue to carry out partial water change until you can bring down the Ammonia to zero. After that, it will be easier as Nitrite can be offset using salt.

Good luck bro.

Bro, tq, yes hopefully next time can talk more.

Bro i have Q Tank however its small - 1.5m diameter. 5 of my 70+ kois are infected with bacteria I and the Q Tank will be too crowded. I already have four 30-50+ cm in the Q Tank.

What I did was jab the 5 kois (actually my friend jab the koi, i just watched hehe), treat the whole pond with kenkona. And since the 4 tosai's in QT is already in the 2nd week of quarantine, I just put them in the pond which I will dose with kennkona for the next 6 or 9 days.

I hope this works. My pond was fine and fish was healthy before renovation, however upgrading cannot be avoided.
    Post edited by jamilt at 2012-10-14 09:46:04 am
  • pandaipandai October 2012
    Dear All,

On behalf of Capt. @ikankoikau I am pleased to announce that both Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio are now available for online purchase. I helped set up this blog-site for both products.

Please visit http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/.

If you want the convenience and online security of paying via PayPal, you can also order through eBay by the following link:
    Kenkona Koi http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/140868630346?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
    Kenkona Bio Food http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/140868634782?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Similar page is also on mudah.my: http://www.mudah.my/Kenkona+Koi+The+Shotgun+Treatment+for+Koi-18410827.htm

The special online introductory price is RM149 for Kenkona Koi and RM 68 for Kenkona Bio (inclusive of free delivery within Malaysia)! Order both together for RM 208!

Do spread the news around...! Thanks.
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    Post edited by pandai at 2012-10-16 12:23:02 pm
  • nocturnalnocturnal October 2012
    =D> =D> =D>
  • IzrulIzrul October 2012
    (Y) (Y) (Y)
  • ashfaqashfaq October 2012
    (handshake) Good work brother borman, you are online now.
    Thanks,
    Hi all, an update of my nps and medicated pond. I completed renovation 26 sept. have been putting pondplus and pondprotect alternate days till oct 7. Nitrite 0.25 and amonia 2.0. Introduced biozyme100 at 1.3 liter per day from oct 8-10. Amonia 1.0 and nitrite between 0.25 and 0. Oct 11 introduced kenkona D and kenkona C. Oct 12 10am amonia between 0.5-0.25 nitrite between 0.25-0. Oct 13 at 10pm put kenkona 500ml to medicate my pond coz of bacteria outbreak. Didnt take reading of amonia n nitrite till this morning 7.30am oct 16, amonia 0 and nitrite between 0.25 to 0. I am quite surprised coz i thought introducing kenkona shotgun would worsen the amonia readings. I am quite happy this morning, i believe kenkona did not disturb or stunt the growth of bacteria i had been introducing to my pond. And maybe capt is correct about kenkona D and C which he claimed will accalerate the journey out of nps.
    Post edited by jamilt at 2012-10-17 07:06:24 am
    Thanks bro Pandai for all your helps. I wouldnt have time and expertise to set it up. I hope hobbyist from outside KL especially, can get the product easier by purchasing online.

Thank you very much for all your support. As some already knew, certain percentage of the sales will be contributed back to the hobby by helping the sponsorship for a koi show and so on in the future. Most importantly, my initial intention of reducing the cost of this hobby can slowly be achieved.

Regards
    Bro Jamilt,

Thanks for the feedback. The Ammonia has reduced partly due to the introduction of live nitrification bacteria and reduce feeding while treating the pond. Either way, it should improve and expedite the process of overcoming NPS. Once the Ammonia is zero, it will be easier and safer for the koi as you can handle the nitrite by adding salt(around 0.2-0.3%) to the pond.

By the way, I am pleased with the test result of Kenkona D (Denitration) and Kenkona C (Clarity) so far. Some hobbyist and dealer also have given good feedback. As for 2 days ago, I have emptied my small pond and dried the filter chambers under the hot sun so that I can test the effect of these products myself to overcome NPS.

Some hobbyist did ask me during the show on the launching of these products but at this stage, I plan to release it at very low price next month.

Once again, thank you very much for all the support.
  • niveknivek October 2012
    Congratulations and just ordered a bottle through your ebay link :)
    Thanks bro Kevin. Order received. Item will be shipped today. AWB Number will be provided to you on PM for your tracking purposes.

Have a nice day! :)>-
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar October 2012
    Congrats Bro Pandai and Capt Borman,
    Now more ppl can get their hands on the good product. How about overseas shipment bro? I'm sure our brothers from Singapore, Thailand, and etc would like to get the product as well. :-D
    Yes capt, i am so relieved with my readings this morning, i thought after adding kenkona, the amonia reading will shoot up again coz ive stopped adding bacteria. Will continue with kenkona d and c after my kenkona treatment.
    Post edited by jamilt at 2012-10-16 10:58:18 am
    Bro TK,

Yes, technically we can ship to outside Malaysia. It's just that we could not accurately estimate the shipping cost at that time hence could not offer free shipping, which is a significant part of the online deal. Thank you for your suggestion. We will definitely consider that. May I suggest that buyers outside Malaysia contact us directly and we will arrange accordingly and expeditiously. Thanks.
  • SsmannSsmann October 2012
    Bro IKK and Pandai, well done and congrats for going viral!

I would like to order the Bio Food and also Kenkona C/D (but there is no info on this over the blog yet). Can you pls PM me the price and bank a/c no where I can bank in the money, or must do online only? This Paypal stuff all im poor at la bro #:-s
    No worries bro Ssmann. I will contact you directly shortly with details for payment etc. Anyway, only for Bio Food. I believe Kenkona C/D is still "under development" but of course will be available for retail in the very near future. Capt. has to answer this part actually... ;-)

p/s: can you please PM me your email address? Thanks.
  • muzamirmuzamir October 2012
    Bro Pandai,

Congrats on your appointment as kenkona product dealer/stockist. =D>
    Bro Tk,
    I have request from hobbyist outside Malaysia but there are restriction to be complied. On top of that, the shipping cost is quite high. It is much better to send the product in bulk to a dealer which will reduce the cost and can handle the formalities. But this isuue is in the pipeline.

Bro Ssman,
    Bio Kenkona Denitration and Clarity should be ready next month. The bottle label needs to be designed. Unless you dont mind the bottle label is empty or hand written :-D I also have not decided on the price but roughly I am planning to release it at a price very much lower than the similar products in the market so that the hobbyist will not feel the burden on using it in regular basis.

On the Kenkona C & D, it took longer time to release as I want to be sure of the result. I also need to be sure on the short and long term effects.

Actually bro Pandai pop up the idea on going online. He is the expert and I just agreed to it. So credit to him on this progress:-)

Thank you for all your encouragement bro/sis.
  • kwchankwchan October 2012
    Hi Captain,

Congratulation! Finally everyone can buy direct from you online now :)
    Hey, we should have a tagline, "Now everyone can buy..." :-))
  • gerrygerry October 2012
    LOL... :-))
    Way to go capt... (Y)
    But i think to placed oneself in cadet pilot school, u didnt need much of chemistry rite?
    In my time just physics and add maths.so salute to u ^:)^
    Well... you don't know what he was up to during those long haul flights... ;-)
    :-? .. Calculating formulas?
    Anyway bro pandai r u the one that wore petronas shirt at yamakoshi cup that day?
    I had a briefing on members by mrkoi that day.first timer...and absolutely newbie
    Yes, it was the Mercedes F1 Team shirt with the PETRONAS name on it... :-D

Sorry I didn't catch up with you... Will certainly do next time in other events...
  • farikfarik October 2012
    Bro Captain and bro pandai,
    Congrats on going on line.....Now everyone can buy koi!!!!
    Bro @muzamir, I'm no dealer lah... tolong-tolong je... You know very well that you and me we both aspire more to be professional koi judges, right... ;-)

Bro @Izrul, I was also the one roaming around with Bro @muzamir with our cameras taking pictures and making comments on kois... :-D

Bro @farik, Sis @gerry, now everyone please buy... >:D<
    Bro Pandai...now I recall, I came in for a short while to Yamakoshi that day with my son who was in a spiderman costume to buy food, only to discover a show going on. But I did recognise the Petronas baju and was trying to place if I knew you from dealings thru work. Anyway, thanks for the effort with the Kenkona.

Capt, I dont mind if no label. Do PM me if youre able to sell, if not I can wait till when its on retail...no hurry bro, my pond also half past six one...hahahahaha
    Hahahaha.... bro Pandai, no testing first ka?? 2 botol free mali :-D

Just joking.... ;-)
    Hi there Bro pandai,
    I am actually new to Kenkona, wondering whether there are free samples for me to test the product........ :-)) :-D
    You can deliver up to my door steps...... :-D
    For the great sifu Shukri, (even though it is not my product and I am merely an enabler for distributions - like logistics company la...) - I will be deeply honored to give free samples and provide my service to personally deliver to your pond step ... How many spoons you want sifu??? :-D
    Wah! Spoon feeding some more! This is what I called a mouth full! :-)) :-)) :-D ;;)

Sis Gerry, you see! You oso cannot get this kind of superb 1st class Concorde service..... :-))
    I have to be super-nice la to my sifu... I'm still trying to pujuk him to pay me a consultation visit... ;-)
    And Bro Pandai would take the opportunity to visit Sifu Shukri house to have a closer look on the koi's and maybe pujuk Sifu to give a 'door gift'. And I know what kind of gift Bro Pandai have in mind ;-)
    I am sure Bro pandai likes a waist guard as a door gift to ease his bad back........ :-)) :-"
    Ooohhh... bro Shukri... that's a hit under the belt bro... (pun intended!) :-W
    BTW Bro pandai, how's you back these days? I hope you can ride your bike soon......
    Dah recover ke?
    Bro Pandai!! How come I don't get the spoon-feeding thingy??? Not fair!! [-(
    Haha! For you @gerry, I will bring a big senduk instead!

Bro Shukri, my back (the pain is actually in the leg) is recovering slowly. Had to skip my pond cleaning to once a fortnight now because HM pot-pet-pot-pet about it... Riding bike is not a problem and have been doing it everyday back and forth to work and home. My doctor said the best cure is a nisai 50cm male kujaku... Hmmmm.... Wonder where I can find that... :-? 8->
    Bro pandai,
    You are just out of luck! I dont have a 50cm male Kujaku, but I surely have a 61cm male Kujaku..........shark! Just to bad for you that it is over the size that you wanted. Sigh! I still have to keep the dude in my pond........... (rock)
    Bro Shukri, not to worry... I will bring my favorite companion i.e. my measuring tape and will verify.... :p

p/s: sigh... How did I get the length wrong... And to think that I was in charge of measuring!!!! L-)
    Bro Pandai, received my order yesterday, thanks! Thot it was a bomb.....see packaging, gave me a good laugh, tq! What does "Erti Jas" mean???

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10120/ken bio 1.jpg
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10121/Ken bio 2.jpg
  • AnuarAnuar October 2012
    Prghh.... this happened when a project director do simple packing. I look forward to seeing him pack his kois!
    :-)) :-)) :-))
    Haha!!! :-)) I think it was done by a pilot!
    hahaha, anyways good to that we are learning something to become masters in future, love the way how our brothers speak here. I felt alone in india here :(
    Thanks,
    Post edited by ashfaq at 2012-10-23 04:04:10 pm
    Bro Ashfaq, in the world of no boundaries today, it is felt like you're here with us every moment every day... In the brotherhood of nishikigoi...!
    Very true Bro Pandai,
    Felt that Ashfaq is in KL........ :-D
    Yap,indeed bro ashfaq is very active...come down KL bro,im sure koi kichis,nishikigoi sifus,newbies,will spare our time for u... :-D
    Thank you brother @pandai, @shukri & @Izrul , sorry for late reply. Definitely will plan for my tour in future to meet you all.
    Thanks,
  • koikichivnkoikichivn November 2012
    Hello bro and sis

I am new tester of Kenkona, after release new arrival Kois into my main pond (after quarantine 1 week), I apply the Kenkona to my pond as a prevent-treatment (due to I see some flashing and packing in old kois and new comer) , and I see that all the kois , include new kois and old kois, become very slow and inactive, they swimming slowly, eating less and sometime packing (does not swimming for a while).... so I would like to ask Mr. Pandai and all sifus is that normal behaviors of Kois when applied Kenkona? If not, what should I do?

Thanks
  • pandaipandai November 2012
    Me cannot answer - have to leave this to the founder and owner of Kenkona to answer... :-ss
  • ikankoikauikankoikau November 2012
    Hi bro,

Thank you for using Kenkona Koi. First of all, you have to know the volume of water or pond water in order to get the correct dosage. Normally the behavior of the kois are normal except when gill fluke or skin fluke whereby the kois will react toward the treatment.

While treatment, strictly there should not be any feeding. Feeding will stress the koi as it needs to digest the food. Oxygen needed will be more while oxygen level or DO level might reduce due to medication. Denitfication bacteria colony might be affected too which in return might affect the denitration process of converting Ammonia to Nitrite and Nitrate. Medication might even get absorbed to the food as well.

Please ensure the aeration level is increase or sufficient during any treatment. In your case, provide as much aeration as possible. If needed go for second treatment with partial water change in between.

Recently I got to know that there are few cases similar to yours whereby the new koi has introduced some problem to the whole system. I am not sure if the hobbyist willing to share their experience.

Please update us on your situation. Thank you.

• idrisidris November 2012
    Bro koikichivn..I had exactly the same problem like yours...I mean exactly....after I introduce new koi...I had use kenkona to cater this problem...within 24 hours nothing has change at all...so I change 15% water and then put kenkona for the second dosage...after the next 24 hour, everything back to normal...I recommend you use second dosage but make sure you have change water 15-20%...do not add any salt or other medication....you just sit and relax...
  • koikichivnkoikichivn November 2012
    Hello sifus

Just an update.. My kois look normal now but I will keep good walter by unfeed them in next couple days
    Good to know that bro koikichivn. Thanks for the update.
  • pandaipandai November 2012
    Good to hear that bro... (Y)
  • niveknivek November 2012
    Good news (Y)
    Dear Kenkona Koi users and hobbyist,

These few months, we will face an extreme challenge. The fight against our own desire will be put to a great test. Like it or not, most of us will fail as the dealers are and will continue to bring in new shipments :-D

Please exercise extreme caution when introducing new koi into our pond. Many points have been mention on how to quarantine the new koi and the DO and DON'T in purchasing new koi. If you are not sure whether to quarantine the new koi or not, the answer is QUARANTINE it.

Lately there are some occasions whereby the new koi has disrupted the whole pond. Carry out the best option you can think of that works best for you.

As for Kenkona Koi users, make sure the QT water quality is good. No feeding and carry out water change as needed. If anytime you feel that after the introduction of the new koi into the pond, the host kois are showing funny behavior, please carry out water change or treat the whole pond if needed. Test the water parameter before introducing new koi. Fast the kois to optimize the water quality. The mystery is, no matter what we do, things can still go wrong.

The pheromones released by the new koi or host kois during this introduction is beyond our understanding which can't be measured with our normal test kit. The best way is to dilute this unhealthy or disruption phromones by carry out partial water change. If during this period the kois get stressed up and the parasite or bacteria is taking the opportunity, treat the whole pond with good medication available to your knowledge.

Good luck and enjoy your new comers (Y)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership