KENKONA KOI- Healthy Koi
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    thanks bro pandai ... but the problem is its not my fish and i really dont know nuts about its behavior plus i never keep koi before, all i know is some basic stuff
    how many days can i leave the kenkona koi in the pond before i need to flush it out with a water change .
    if i put the fish in a Qtank with kenkona koi and and something call vivokoi or vivakoi something like that the owner say its to control the nitrate or something,
    question is can it be mix or do i need to change the water everyday and top with kenkano koi
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Leave out the Vivakoi for the moment......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Jrwtan...stick to one medice at a time...give some time for kenkona to react...you can have partial water change 10-15% after 25 hours medicating..if you need to contact me, my number is 0123547076... Once a sifu had told me, " the thing to learn about koi is to be patience once the pond has been medicated"...
    Post edited by idris at 2012-07-11 12:00:15 pm
  • pandaipandai July 2012
    "Patience" means dosing the medicine and then let it work its own way over time. Do not add anything or "kacau-kacau" its work. Nevertheless, you are allowed to sit (or even sleep!) by the pond side if you wish though.... :-D I think this must be one of the items in Bro Shukri's koikichi list!
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar July 2012
    Bro jrwtan,

Pls turn off the UV as well

Rgds
    TK
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro Pandai,
    Sleeping beside the the pond side is a given. I even bought snokling sets so that I can dive and view the kois in the water. :-)) That was previously la. Nowadays, I don't sweat it, let be that a koi seen parking or flashing or gulping. I have grown to be tolerant to these kind of behaviors........I will just watch for a while, and no longer panic at such situations.......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-07-11 07:48:15 am
  • ikankoikauikankoikau July 2012
    Thanks bros for helping out by giving the right info.

Yes, "patience" important. It's very important so that you dont stress the koi with mixture of medications. For ulcer for example, it will take more than a week sometimes. But what really important is to identify the problem. Water quality is important especially in the quarantine tank itself. Once you have a correct mediaction, follow the instruction and wait for the koi to heal. Of course it depend on how serious the koi's condition when you treat them. Some may not be able to help and some will leave permanent effect.

I believe prevention is always better than cure. Still we cant avoid all possibilities such as new addition hic up and mistakes. Even with strict quarantine, we still cannot guarantee of any hic up. But certainly the risk is greatly reduced.

Some of my close hobbyist knew that I have not quarantine my new kois for many batches. By now it's more than 20 new kois. I only carried out short bath with Kenkona Koi(short bath dosage). The reason is that I'm not always at home that long and I cannot monitor and guarantee the quarantine process will do better or worst for the kois. But fortunately, only one new koi was having reddish mouth problem. If the housed kois showing any stress sign like flashing and parking, I added Kenkona into the pond. After one to 3 days, everything was back to normal.

But if you are at home and have proper quarantine equipment, ALWAYS quarantine your new koi with proper quarantine procedue.

Regards.
  • gerrygerry July 2012
    Thanks for all the advices and input bros...

But still my greatest weakness when come to kois being sick is IMPATIENCE....

Wanna see them cured there and then...

So, now gotta learn to sit back and let the medication take effect....
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Sis Gerry,
    Take a couple of deep breaths, side down and relax..........go watch a Korean drama..... :-D
    Be patience........the kois will be OK.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-07-11 01:19:24 pm
  • gerrygerry July 2012
    Hahahahaha.... ok ok will do... :)

Hope my babies will be better by today.... cant wait to go home and check up on them!
    Hahaha.... Kpop bite ka bro?

Sis gerry,
    I hope all your kois will get better. Ya la, you need to take deep breath...you sound so stressful. A true koi addict :-D
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Relax Gerry..I am having the same problem but minus the clamp fin..koi won't stop flashing...I just relax and relax beside my pond...
    Post edited by idris at 2012-07-11 04:31:29 pm
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro Idris,
    You are going into the ADDICTION phase........can't sleep at night eeeh? :-)) :-D
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    hello sifu and taiko of the koi world.
    need help with some problem, we decided to not treat the main pond with kenkona koi due to the reason we are scared anything happen to the fish dont know how to explain to the owner plus his coming back next week for a few days so let him do it,
    for now we just add salt to 0.43 in the main pond will that help???
    but there's a fish which is getting worse the eyes are like cloudy and the scale is still blood shot & parking .. just bought a 8 ton qtank, pump & filter, whats the dosage for kenkona koi for 8 tons of water? my calculations should be wrong 1000ml divided by 60000= 0.016 x 8000 = 133ml ? seem a lot or it is 13.3ml
    and cos its the qtank is new can kenkona koi be mix with anti chlorine ??? we did mix in some pond water

please please help ... i wanna sleep at night
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    help ..now the very sick fish has its eyes pop out like its going to drop out what should i do ???
  • idrisidris July 2012
    50 ml devide by 3000 litre...the answer you multiply with 8 ton or 8000 litre...U should get 133 ml...
    Post edited by idris at 2012-07-11 07:41:59 pm
    Bro jrwtan,

There are too many uncertainties in your problem. I suggest you call an expert to help and see the real problem. Are you from Kuala Lumpur? I'm in Seremban. Maybe hobbyist from KL can help you. Worst come to worst, get the dealer to help you.

What is the water parameter? What are the test kits that you have? I think the real problem is the water. Did you feed the kois?

Please call me, it's easier to talk thru the phone.

Borman(a.k.a Capt) 019-5556507
  • mrkoimrkoi July 2012
    Dear jrwtan,

I think you have to give an antibiotic injection to the pop eye + dropsy (internal infection) koi. I believe normal quarantine is not enough for such sympton.

All the best.
    Post edited by mrkoi at 2012-07-11 07:55:28 pm
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    thanks everybody .... capt my friend will be calling you his name is Nickolas his with the fish right now
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Brother,
    If the onset of dropsy is at the later stage...........it is touch and go even with antibiotics injections. You need to get the dosage correct and inject every 8 hours, and monitor from there......minimum is 3 times, can be up to 5 or 7 times.

If you are near Setiawangsa, I can help...........
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    nope the owners house is at kota damansara ... bro shukri
    ps... captain, the owner of the fishes say your used to be his captain
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro jrwtan,
    Seriously, if the fish is to have any chance...........jab with the correct dosage every 8 hours. Kota Damansara is at the other corner of the Klang Valley.......too far for me. I wish you all the best..........
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    thanks shukri .. the fish in the main pond seem ok ... and the qtank fish will have to wait and see tomorrow ... thank you all so much for all the help & concern .... thank you
    Bro jrwtan,
    The owner used to be my passenger or or my co-pilot? :-D
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    thanks guys but after 4days of fighting the fellow finally pass away
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8101/koi.jpgwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8102/koi2.jpg
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8103/koi2.jpg
    Attachments
    koi2.jpg 108K
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro jrwtan,
    From the look of it, the ulceration is at an advance stage beyond Kenkona. Even antibiotics injection might not help at this stage........
    This is real bad and I am really worried about the other fishes in the pond.

You need to have a radical approach. You have to call the experts to come in
    to assist or do the treatment IMMEDIATELY. Time is of essence here!!!
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-07-16 11:10:19 pm
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    yah this was the worse of the lot the rest are better, only this fellow where even when we jab him still never get better
    Bro jrwtan,
    Very sorry for the lost. At least you know you hv tried everything you can. Every now and then we will hear hobbyist lost their kois for many reasons. This is p & p of this hobby. The good part is, we shared our losses in this wonderful community. We learned from each other and try to lend hands among us.

I'm sorry if Kenkona Koi was not able to rescue this koi. Like what your friend had mentioned to me, there were series of injections carried out but still fail to cure this koi. What else can we do? If there is not answer to that question, that means you have done your best to your knowledge.

Hope other kois are fine bro.

Regards
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    actually capt, kenkona koi very good already... i didn't expect this koi to survive so long plus the fish did improve but just didn't made it, only thing is maybe you should add the label how to calculate a pond or qtank almost OD the fish, with wrong calculations, plus you could use me in any of your testimonial, i think i would be the only person to treat koi using kenkona without owning a koi and its easy to use... will treat the main pond once we bring the salt level down
    Hahaha...that was funny on how you tot that the QT was holding 8ton but actual fact was only 450L. :-D But that's how I learned. Otherwise it could be Kenkona overdosed by more than 15x.

Anyway thanks for your suggestion and willingness to help out. Appreciate it bro.

Regards
  • rsingamrsingam July 2012
    I live in Johor Bahru. My Koi's started flashing in early May 2012. This happened due to one or both the following reasons. (1). I added 2 Koi's that I bought from KL (quarantine for 2days) & (2). My Koi had spawned for the first time in 20 years and the pond water was milky and I changed about 80% water. By the end of May 2012 the flashing became aggressive and many of the Koi's body started becoming reddish. 2 Koi's died.

So I sent all my balance Koi's to the Koi Dealer (Koi Hotel) in JB for treatment. I washed my pond, left it dry for a week, than filled it and started the water to circulate and added biozime to the water as prescribed. After a month the Koi's were returned to my pond and they were still flashing, though not so aggressively even at the Koi Dealer's pond. When they arrived at my house, 1 Koi died.

For the whole of June 2012 I treated my pond with SI (supposed to be a cocktail of several medication) together with salt. The flashing again got from bad to worse and the white part of the Koi's body all turned red including their fins.

I became desperate. I got a list of all the common medication recommended on the internet like Supaverm, ProForm-C, etc. for parasite treatment and tried to get them in Johor Bahru but in vain. So I headed to Kuala Lumpur to look for the Medicine, but there too I could not get the medication I wanted. Maybe I went to the wrong places.

I happened to drop-in at the AtariKoi at Taman Desa and there I was introduced to KENKONA KOI. I was told it was again a cocktail of medication just like S1. I was also introduced to this web page. Since they are not available in JB, I bought 3 bottles (3 litres).

I changed 90% of the water in my 17 ton pond (to get rid of the salt and S1 medication) and added the KENKONA KOI as prescribed on 19-7-2012 (but in the morning). By 21-7-2012 morning only one Koi was flashing slightly. By 22-7-2012 morning (third day) all my Koi looked fine with no flashing and the reddishness on the Koi had almost I live in Johor Bahru. My Kois started flashing in early May 2012. This happened due to one or both the following reasons. (1). I added 2 Kois that I bought from KL (quarantine for 2days) & (2). My Koi had spawned for the first time in 20 years and the pond water was milky and I changed about 80% water. By the end of May 2012 the flashing became aggressive and many of the Koi's body started becoming reddish. 2 Koi's died.

So I sent all my balance Koi's to the Koi Dealer (Koi Hotel) in JB for treatment. I washed my pond, left it dry for a week, than filled it and started the water to circulate and added biozime to the water as prescribed. After a month the Koi's were returned to my pond and they were still flashing, though not so aggressively even at the Koi Dealer's pond. When they arrived at my house, 1 Koi died.

For the whole of June 2012 I treated my pond with SI (supposed to be a cocktail of several medication) together with salt. The flashing again got from bad to worse and the white part of the Koi's body all turned red including their fins.

I became desperate. I got a list of all the common medication recommended on the internet like Supaverm, ProForm-C, etc. for parasite treatment and tried to get them in Johor Bahru but in vain. So I headed to Kuala Lumpur to look for the Medicine, but there too I could not get the medication I wanted. Maybe I went to the wrong places.

I happened to drop-in at the AtariKoi at Taman Desa and there I was introduced to KENKONA KOI. I was told it was again a cocktail of medication just like S1. I was also introduced to this web page. Since they are not available in JB, I bought 3 bottles (3 litres).

I changed 90% of the water in my 17 ton pond (to get rid of the salt and S1 medication) and added the KENKONA KOI as prescribed on 19-7-2012 (but in the morning). By 21-7-2012 morning only one Koi was fashing slightly. By 22-7-2012 morning (third day) all my Koi looked fine with no flashing and the reddishness on the Koi had almost disappeared. Just to play safe, on the 22-7-2012 morning I removed 20% of the pond water re-filled the pond and added the same dose that I added on the 19-7-2012.

Now my question is this:

1. I have not fed my Koi since the water was medicated for almost 2 months. When can I start feeding them?

2. Since I medicated my pond with KENKONA KOI, I have shut off the slow water flow to my pond thus there is no water overflowing from my pond. When can I start the overflow?

3. Do I leave the KENKONA KOI in my pond until it gets diluted by the overflow as well as the rain water?

Your prompt reply to the above three questions would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank AtariKoi for introducing KENKONA KOI to me and your goodself for coming out with this wonderful, cheap and simple medication which works magically within a short period of time.. Just to play safe, on the 22-7-2012 morning I removed 20% of the pond water re-filled the pond and added the same dose that I added on the 19-7-2012.

Now my question is this:

1. I have not fed my Koi since the water was medicated for almost 2 months. When can I start feeding them?

2. Since I medicated my pond with KENKONA KOI, I have shut off the slow water flow to my pond thus there is no water overflowing from my pond. When can I start the overflow?

3. Do I leave the KENKONA KOI in my pond until it gets diluted by the overflow as well as the rain water?

Your prompt reply to the above three questions would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank AtariKoi for introducing KENKONA KOI to me and your goodself for coming out with this wonderful, cheap and simple medication which works magically within a short period of time.

Regards,
    Rajasingam.

• ShukriShukri July 2012
    Hi there Rajasingam,
    Firstly, welcome to Koianswers Forum. Wish that you have contacted us earlier, and casualties would not have happened or minimized. After reading your statements and write up, my conclusion is that, it all started because you did not properly quarantine the new acquisition. Two rounds of Dimilin at 2 grams per ton and then 0.6% salt could have done the job for you. But I am glad that you found Kenkona, and it has done the job for you.

Not feeding the kois in 2 months......OK! You need to slowly feed them. Start slowly, and increase the feeding bit by bit.

Pertaining to the Kenkona, when the recommended dosage period is up, please make the water changes and top up with new water. I would strongly urge you to keep your salt to 0.5/0.6% at this time and monitor your kois. Yes, you can start feeding, but conservative feeding. Once things are back to normal, you can start the overflow which will slowly dilute the salt in the pond water.

If I am in your position, that's how I will do it. Lets hear from the founder of Kenkona, if he would prefer differently.......

Most importantly, your kois should stop flashing and gulping before you start the feeding aggressively.

I would like to introduce the medication 'REMEDOR', you should have applied this when you emptied the pond and started filling with water when the fishes were not yet being put in the pond.......

Bro, keep posting the progress of your kois and pond in the Forum, and the Community here will assist and help you out.......
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-07-22 10:18:21 pm
    Bro Rajasingam,

First of all, welcome to the forum. I hope you will keep on login to get many infos on this hobby from many experienced kichis.

Thank you for your feedback. Most importantly I am glad that Kenkona Koi managed to help out in solving your problem. I believe you got the Kenkona Koi from Gosanke Koi(which is next door to Atari Koi) not from Atari Koi as I only supply to 2 dealers, Gosanke Koi in Taman Desa and Yamakoshi Mura in Tropicana and Penang.

I got quite a number of feedbacks similar to your problem. Sometimes we just dont know what went wrong. Yes, there was a new koi introduced but why?? What you had could be parasite or/and bacteria infection. It could be something else too. As normal hobbyist, most of the time we are not sure what was the real problem. As I always suggested, check your water parameter and correct it if needed. Kenkona Koi can help to cure your kois but the problem might come back if the source of the problem is not tacked.

As I have strongly suggested, always quarantine your new koi properly unless you do not have proper quarantine facility or you are in doubt with quarantine water quality. I know for sure many hobbyist just apply short bath(including myself ;-) ) using Kenkona Koi and released the koi into their pond but this is not always the best. Of course, even you have quarantined properly with one to four weeks procedure, the problem can still exist but the risk is minimized.

To answer your questions, which some have been answered by bro Shukri:

1) You can start feeding after 2 days(I.e on the 3 day) of Kenkona Koi treatment. In your case, as mentioned by bro Shukri, start feeding gradually.

2) After 2 days of treatment, you can resume your normal practice. You can continue with overflow or switch on back the UV.

3) on third day, Kenkona Koi more less got diluted. Actually you don't have to change water but I strongly recommend you to carry out partial water change around 10-20% OR overflow the pond. This new fresh water not only will dilute leftover of the medication but also will dilute pheromone released by sick kois and to energize the dull medicated water.

For salt addition as recommended by bro Shukri, it depends on your water parameter. In your case, maybe after long fasting and with few medications applied, plus consider new water after starting all over again, nitrite could be a problem. Salt level around 0.3% should be able to offset the nitrite issue. For occasional treatment(whereby bacteria level is good) or for maintenance, no salt is needed. Personally, my pond has been free from salt for more than 2 years. I only use it for show preparation in quarantine tank and to reduce the stress level.

I hope I have answered all your questions. Next time if you ever need Kenkona Koi urgently(hopefully not) and not enough time to drive to KL, do pm me. I will courier it to you. Of course I would prefer hobbyist to get from the dealer as they have been supporting and marketing this product well but for hobbyist outside Klang Valley, I will help which ever way I can.

Thank you for trying Kenkona Koi.

Regards
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro Rajasingam,
    You have heard from the man himself, and I believe you are in good hands now. Tap the abundance of information here from the Forum.

Hope things are better now.
  • gosankekoigosankekoi July 2012
    Dear Mr Raja

Actually you have bought the kenkona from our shop Gosanke Tmn Desa, I believe you migh confusing with the name on google map search. We are glad that your kois are getting well now and thanks for your confidence on our suggestion.

Regards

Amanda
    Gosanke koi service centre S/B

Bro Raja,

Welcome to this forum. Don't worry, you're in the right hand of experienced sifu's. Please read through others treads which can be very helpful.

Please upload picture of your pond and Koi Bro.

Thanks and Regards,
    TK
  • gerrygerry July 2012
    Capt. Borman,

I have a question to ask.... I do not have a proper quarantine facility - just a round wide pail, air stone and a pot of matured biological filter corals.

If I want to just do a short bath for my new acquisitions (usually baby fishes around 5-6 inches) and then release them into the pond, how much is the volume of kenkona should I use?

The pail can hold probably 15-20 liters.

So how much kenkona for a short dip in 15 litres of water? ;;) And how long?
  • idrisidris July 2012
    sis gerry calculate base on your total volume you plan to use...15 or 20 liters..

calculation for 15liters- 25ml/1000liter x15= 0.4ml
    calculation for 20liters- 25ml/1000liter x20= 0.5ml

short bath for 60 min and make sure you put sufficient aeration...
    Firstly I like to thank you for your prompt reply. All my questions are answered and now I can move on from here. Secondly I like to correct the mistake that i made on my first submission to this forum. The KENKONA KOI was introduced to me by GOSANKE KOI SERVICE CENTRE at Taman Desa. My apologies for my earlier error.

Regards,
    Rajasingam
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro Rajasingam,
    DO update us on the development of your beloved kois...........
    Sis Gerry,

Thanks bro Idris for your kind explanation;-)

I hv chosen short bath instead of full quarantine due to my absent. Not often I got 3 to 5 off days in a row to monitor the quarantine process and water quality in quarantine tank. But if you hv proper quarantine equipment and can check on the condition daily, please quarantine as per normal.

My short bath is pretty simple. For tossai or 35cm and below(this is just an estimate), I only use 50L of water in rectangular container. With plenty of aeration, I will mix 1.25ml only. Remember, 1.25ml is very little. Usage of shringe will be accurate. When the medication evenly mixed, I will place the koi inside and the clock start for one hour.

Main thing here, make sure the volume of water is accurate. Use what ever scale needed. I have made a line mark on the container for 50ml level. Provide plenty of aeration. And most importantly, trust the little dosage required.

You can use any amount of water actually but preferable the level can cover the whole body of the koi and the koi can swim around freely while enjoying the blue water ;-)
  • gerrygerry July 2012
    Thanks abang Idris n Capt Borman!! Next time I can use this method. :)
    Aiyooooooo... So scared!!
    If possible don't la. Go for full quarantine process sis Gerry. [-O<
  • gerrygerry July 2012
    Hahaha... Ok ok... Cruel to be kind.... That will b my motto from now onwards. ;)
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    :-)) :-)) :-)) :-D
    Hi Bro Shukri,

My koi at the moment seem to have recovered fully. They are very active and have a good appetite. I have started feeding them but moderately. I am also monitering the nitrate and ammonia in the water.

Regards.
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Good for you Bro rsingam. If you know of other Koi Kakis in Johore, please invite them to join the Forum..... :)
    Great to know the progress Bro rsingam. Thank you for updating.

Regards
    Hi Bro Shukri,

My ammonia tester indicates my pond has 0.5 to 1ppm of ammonia. Is this normal?

Regards,
    Rajasingam
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    hello sifu
    just a few question ... regarding kenkona
    i just bomb the pond yesterday with the kenkona but i refuse to add the full dosage for the pond as i dont trust the own in calculating the volume of the pond, got wrong numbers last time.. so if the true volume is 30tons and i only put 300ml of kenkona will it still help???
    and can kenkona be use for other fish as the owner has other fish to be treated as well???

thanks and regards
    ruben
    Bro ruben,

It's effectiveness will depend on the accuracy of your culculation on the pond volume. Can you give the pond measurement so that we can help you with it? the filter too.

Kenkona is save for other fish. I know a hobbyist who used Kenkona for his gold fish. It worked fine.
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    thanks Captain
    well the owner captain izwan, keep saying he calculated already and its 30 tons so after a few days i.ll treat the pond with the full dosage of 500ml..

ps.. just for proof.. in case of anything the owner captain izwan cannot kill me if his calculation is wrong and if anything happen to the fish (this post will be use as evidence..;P
    Bro Ruben,
    You can use salt to calculate the exact volume of pond water, but if there is kenkona in the pond, you must wait for the effect to be wear off. Below are the formula:

1) Assuming the pond is 30 ton, put in min 30 kg to max 45 kg of salt per day.

2) Check the salinity level after 2 hour or more without water adding to the pond (this is to make sure the whole pond has even salt concentration)

3) Pond volume = (total kg salt put in pond X 100) divide with salinity reading.
    Ex:If you put in 45 salt and the reading says 0.15%,
    then pond volume = (45 X 100)/0.15
    = 4500/0.15
    = 30, 000 liter
    Hope the above helps

Rgds,
    TK
    Bro Ruben,
    Than you are safe :-D T be safe dose 50-75% of the dosage first and the remaining after 30 min or 1hr. This will help to distribute the medication evenly. Pour in filter chamber.

Bro TK,
    Thanks for your help. Using salt is good and more accurate esp for irragular shape pond. Or else, for nopond length x width x depth=Cubic Feet. Cubic ft X 28.3= volume in Litre.
  • jrwtanjrwtan July 2012
    ahhh thanks guys cos the pond bottom is a slope form 2 feet to 3 feet thats why i dare not put in the full dosage of kenkona ...will try the salt method to calculate the pond volume.. thanks guys, you all been a great help
  • rsingamrsingam August 2012
    Bro Captain,

After Dimilin is added to the pond at 1g/1000L and salt at .005%, how many days later can you add Kenkona Koi to the pond?

Regards,
    Rajasingam
  • ikankoikauikankoikau August 2012
    bro Rajasingam,
    Treatment for Dimilin will take minimum 3 days and max 5 days. Then carry out partial water change. After that you can safely use Kenkona Koi for maintenance or treatment. if needed, you can feed the koi and carry out Kenkona Koi treatment the next day. But dimilin treatment is best to be carried out in 2 cycles.
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2012-08-04 03:08:34 pm
  • rsingamrsingam August 2012
    Bro Captain,

Thank you for your guidance.

Regards,
    Rajasingam
    No prob bro...
    Dear hobbyist,

Sorry for non availability of Kenkona Koi stock last 2 weeks. It should be available again starting tomorrow onwards. Hobbyist from Klang Valley can purchase it at the specific dealers. Hobbyist outside Klang Valley can get it directly from me or from the dealers.

Thank you for your support and feedbacks.

Regards
  • idrisidris August 2012
    captain just finish mixing his magic potion..this has delay due to waiting harry potter to arrive from London. Harry made a pit stop at London 2012 Olympics...hehehe..now, harry can say a spell to captain magic potion...hehehe
  • pandaipandai August 2012
    And I think I know who has been helping Capt. mixing the concotion. It's bro Idris. He's been inhaling the the chemical fumes - that's why he's hallucinating and talking gibberish...! Haha...! :-))
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur August 2012
    Capt,

I have received the Kenkona sample. I have try to dilute in water and from what i review is same to my medication i used f many years. And i must say, this is the potent medication for external disease. And i salute Bro Borman willingness to provide it to hobbyist at very cheap price.
    Kenkona is what you need to have in your medicine cabinet as 1st priority.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    Post edited by harry_luhur at 2012-08-06 09:02:30 pm
    Kenkona @our quarantine facility in Jakarta-Indonesia.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8609/Kenkona.jpg
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    Attachments
    Kenkona.jpg 59K
    Bro Idris & Pandai,
    Both of you are really life wire in this forum. What bro Idris said was true, It needs the spell from Harry or something like that to complete Kenkona Koi formula. That's why it ran out of stock for a while.

Bro Harry,
    Glad you got Kenkona Koi safely in your hand. I hope hobbyist will not be skeptical with the cheap price offered by the dealers compared to other medication or even salt ;-)
    Thanks for trying Kenkona Koi bro Harry.
    Capt,

Many think cheap medicine especially homemade is not good. The main cost of company made medicine is shipping and their overhead cost. They won't selll cheap if can sell at higher price and mostly is low concentration. For aquarium ok, but to treat pond, it will kill us.

Hobbyist have to be careful with dosing, because Kenkona is high concentrate. Cheap price Capt offer is mostly because this, by making hi concentration, safe a lot in packaging and shipping cost. For other commercial medicine, we need maybe 10liter, that's mean 10x shipping cost already, and very expensive shipping liquid and chemical.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    Well explained bro Harry (Y)

You must hv lot of experience in this hobby. Thanks for sharing bro.
  • koikichivnkoikichivn August 2012
    Hi all

May I ask this medicine can treat for Anchor Worm?
  • ShukriShukri August 2012
    Both Dimilin and Masoten will be a better choice......
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-08-08 04:19:03 pm
    Definitely go for Dimilin bro.
  • YipmYipm August 2012
    Capt, when you pour Kenkona on the first day,the colour is light blue but on the second day,it is all white is this normal?
  • idrisidris August 2012
    Bro michAel..captain just arrive sydney few hours ago...on behalf of him, yes that is normal...after 8 hours, the concentration will slowly deluted....hehe
  • YipmYipm August 2012
    Thanks bro Idris and add another dosage after 3 days if the fish is still not recovered right? Daily water change of 10-20%?
    Thanks bro Idris for your great help. ;-) About to doze off already. hehehe...
    What bro Idris has said is correct. Dont worry about the colour, the medication is still there.

Bro Micheal,
    You dont have to change water daily. Only after treatment completed or after 3 days. Unless you want to carry out another treatment after one day or after second day. Then you need to carry out partial water change prior to that second treatment.

Regards

• YipmYipm August 2012
    Capt, any problem carry out second treatment after one day with 20% water change? For serious ulcer what is your recommendation?
    Bro, you need to give time la for Kenkona to work. If the ulcers are serious, you should jab the koi at the same time........
  • YipmYipm August 2012
    Bro Sukri,thinking of jabbing too but want to listen from the inventor how stretch it can go and whether it has been tested before?
    The Formaldehyde in Kenkona will do the healing of the ulcers for you, but you have to be patient, as the cure will not be overnight........
    Bro Micheal,
    About to leave hotel. Just a quickie piping at this tread. Anyway you can go for second dosage if you want to but at least wait for 24hr. Then partial 15-20% water change, then go for second dosage. What bro Shukri has said in true. Certain serious disease will take time to heal or maybe take a one or 2 days before showing improvement. But for sure, Bro Yujian added Kenkona everyday(with water change) when his pond was seriously affected by ulcer and mange to cure the whole pond without casualty. Meaning, it has been done before. But antibiotic jab for ulcer or open skin disease is strongly recommended as it works internally.

The best usage of Kenkona Koi is when there is an early detection of a problem. If you acted fast enough, you can avoid getting into more serious problem. Some hobbyist use it as maintenance.

Will catch up when I reached home bro.

Regards
  • YipmYipm August 2012
    Capt,I have put the second dosage after 24 hours from first treatment with 20% water change yesterday. Today another 20% water change and I will jab tomorrow and see how is the situation. Will keep you updated,Capt.
    Bro Yipm,
    Did you have a bacteria outbreak in your pond? Did you introduce anything new into your pond?
  • YipmYipm August 2012
    No bro Shukri.i bombed with PP once a month and all this whille quite ok.it only happened to this fish and not sure why?Jabbed yesterday with 20% water change for the 2nd day yesterday and will add another dosage today and wait for 3 more days.
    How's your fish bro? Getting better? There has to be a possible reason why? Did you do anything to your pond prior to that?
  • YipmYipm August 2012
    Bro Sukri, still look the same and put my third dose yesterday.Capt and i had a good laugh and chat yesterday. He asked me whether i installed a spray bar and i said yes. This happened to his fish and bro Idris fish too but just cannot believe that this can be one of the reason but believe it or not this happened to three of us.
    Bro Micheal,
    I do not follow you, am a bit lost here........please take a few steps back and explain. I do not quite understand what you are saying..........
  • mangkellmangkell August 2012
    Bro YIPM,

I don't get it too...

Why in this world that your sick fish has anything to do with the spray bar...? :/

All 3 of you must have a big co incidents right?...... :-?

Else....... My THOR-OX™ :-t sales might drop U know.... X( KeKeKe...
    Mickeyko Ducati-Kujamon Chagreemon Brabus#Sexy-Robust
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-08-13 11:22:26 pm
  • idrisidris August 2012
    Bro shukri..I believe you understand what bro Michael is talking about..hahaha..but then let gave captain time to reveal the story...but mine is the first to experience it....hehehe..sad sad....
  • idrisidris August 2012

What I can say is all this happend after nstalling the spray bar...some of the reason maybe

1. Fluctuate temparature that could lead to stress environment to koi..

2. There some bacteria that could produce when we have lower temparature...

3. Still thinking

90% kois that affected are Tosai...Nisai and sansai no problem at all...I remove the spray bar a week ago and already second dosage of kenkona...kois look healthier and healing very fast...hope all are ok...
    Post edited by idris at 2012-08-13 11:29:42 pm
    If the 3 of you are facing the same issues then I hope you guys can compare notes and get to the bottom of the problem. At lets see whether others that installed the spray bar have similar problems or otherwise.........
    Calling Bro Lauts,

calling Bro HDCu,

calling Bro Harry,

calling Bro Ashfaq,

calling Bro Sratha,

calling Bro TK,

calling Bro cookcpu,

Calling for some help here... :-D

This is not a Gangsters gang OK.....

On a more serious note, Just think a bad rumours should be banned from early stage...
    They bring more harm than good....

What say U Bros... >:D<
    Aiyahhhhhh..... I can feel Bro Shukri starts smiling already..... :-?

Wonder where my backup team goes..... @-)

So sorry Bro Shukri..... Now I know U are not smiling... ^:)^
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-08-14 04:44:22 am
    Any Sabotaging attemp on the spray bar by the evil Decepticon lately...? :-W

Bro Megatron........ Don't tell me U know nothing about this?....... :-D
    On a more positive notes, I'll monitor my 3 tosais behaviour closely....

Thanks for the input reminder, Bro Idris :-D

Do I have tosais? No.... 3 of my smallest koi... HeHe...
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-08-14 05:38:31 am
    I don't think temp swing can cause it,temp will drop or raise gradually.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    Bro mangkell,
    What are you talking about? What is bad? And what is a bad rumor? And what should be banned? I do not quite follow you? Why are you so jumpy? And what is that I will be smiling?

And you said, 'Any Sabotaging attemp on the spray bar by the evil Deception lately...?'
    Who is sabotaging what? And what evil deception?........I am seriously puzzled! by all these statements........take control of yourself OK!......

Assumptions and putting words into people's mouth is not it bro!!!

Relax Bro mangkell, just wait and see what these 3 people have to say.......

Some people share their issues about what had happened to their kois........and I am one that is concerned, and hope that they can get to the bottom of what had happened so that everyone will learn from this episode.......

Right now, those 3 individuals are the ones that can tell us more what had happened and their findings........I together with the others are mere third parties, that we are eager to find out what really had happened......

Lets wait and hear from the horses mouth...........
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-08-14 01:54:45 am
    Hi,

Transformers the movie....

Decepticon is the evil side... Megatron is the leader.

Autobots is the good side... Optimus Prime is the leader.

End of the movie. :-D
  • idrisidris August 2012
    Bro Aznan...why would u say this is a rumors? It's not..it's happend..to at least 3 or 4 of us...coincidents seldom occur when each occasion happend after we install the spray bar..

Actually I already tell bro shukri that we not 100 % sure to post up this issue where it will creat long informative but tiring argumentative..but he told me its for the sake of koi lovers than that's why better captain explain it later as he will be able to break down the chronology and present the facts that I'm as a newbie do not capable to do so..

Furthermore, sabotaging the spray bar would not gain me anything as I do not have any product to compete with it...this is the rule of thumb for business strategy...

By the way, you shouldn't be so depress regarding the accountability of your spray bar..even though tor- x is your trademark where many hobbyist could found in many posting in this forum, the inventor of the spray bar is bro Aaron...credit still goes to him..

As I said before 90% of the affected koi is Tosai, seems you do not have a Tosai don't worry about it...if I were you, I willbe more worried about your pond leakage rather than worrying your kois not healthy...having water change more than 10% a day regularly already detrimental the koi because of sudden change of environment...

I am not trying to personal attack you but when sabotaging is the main issue here, then I believe I should elaborate my intention to you...maybe you feel ok with your statements, but choosing the wrong words could gave wrong interpretation when people reading it....

Peace, no war...
    Brudders,

Sorry for not able to post ealier. Maid went back for raya and got extra task in hand :-D

Bro Mangkell, this is a forum where we share almost every little thing so that others may learn. Normal people learned from his mistakes while smart people learned from his and other people mistakes. I hv no slight intention to critic or condemn the spray bar. In fact I'm still using it. What 3 of us, in fact 4 of us hv experienced will be a good precaution for other hobbyist. If those who were not affected at all then it's good for you. Of course for sure, many hobbyist tend to share good news and felt so sad to even post bad news. But most hard core hobbyist here believed that there is no way we can help each other out other than sharing and exchange infos without prejudice, on good and bad experiences. We don't spread bad rumours here, we spread facts. We don't shoot at hobbyist who have opened up to share their sad story but we rather prefer to sympathize.

I was the last one got affected among us. The other dedicated hobbyist(I leave it to him to tell the story) got his whole pond affected. I don't know about other hobbyist as these were the bros who called me and mentioned about the problem. The symptoms were all the same. Redish body, scales and/or mouth, reddish fins and developing into ulcer. Mostly kois below 50cm were affected. My mistake was failed to learn and take precaution from these bros. Or rather I was not at home.

I lost 6 of my Hoshikin Kohakus(one belong to bro Idris, 7 total). I got two ponds which I have given same food, same supplement and environment. My big pond has been problem free for many2 months. Looking at positive temp reduction on the spray bar among hobbyist, I also cannot tahan and intalled it 2 weeks ago. No new addition to both ponds. I only install spray bar to my big pond. Then I went for my 4 days trip. When I got back, the temp reduction was so good. Kois were eating well but I noticed mild reddish skin on some of the tossai. I didn't take it seriously as I tot it was just mild stress to the kois on sudden temp reduction and normally it will just go away esp in my big pond. Then I went for my flight again.

After I got back, ALL my tossai got affected in the big pond. Some were seriously in bad situation. One of my favorite kohaku even got reddish mouth which almost rotting. Since Kenkona Koi has not been tested on mouth rot, I dare not risk and bought Blagdon Anti Bacteria which can cure mouth rot. So I treated all affected tossais(around 10pc) in QT and Kenkon Koi in my pond. Then I went for another flight.

When I came back, 4 already died. The rest were in bad situation too. I called bro idris and other hobbyist to get some info on how they recovered their kois. So quickly I have made 50% water change and dose Kenkona Koi. But while doing this, another 3 died. As for last night, the survivors were recovering well.

Then among us, we started to carry out CSI job. Nothing that we hv done differently except it happened right after installing the spray bar. I know bro Idris was so upset and removed spray bar completely and his pond is back to normal. Being me, I want to see how far this problem can affect the pond and kois. I still hang on to it as I believe eventually it will get stabilized.

My theory, there were bad bacteria which never appear before at higher temperature. My kois were not used to these bacteria and they also got stressed up by the sudden change of temp and environment. That is why in some chilled pond, the hobbyist are getting disease or fungus problem where normal pond will not get it. And this is a fact.

The spray bar serve well in bringing down temp even below 24deg C. But maybe the drop was too fast and ecosystem got adjusted too fast. And we cannot control positively on the temp reduction or to maintain certain temp like normal chiller. Maybe on and off the pump will help to maintain certain temp range. I run my spray bar 24/7. Pump is around 22k per hr.

So to conclude, it could be something else. It could be the spray bar. But 4 of us have gone thru it. Nothing to hide and certainly not to put down on anything. I personally like the temp reduction very much. But if I can, I would have tried to reduce the temp very slowly maybe in a range of a week or two. From 28.5 to 24 in 3 days will be a bit fast. But not so much on kois as thay can adapt well to changes with given time. My main concern is the bad bacteria which they are not used to.Maybe those who have successfully using spray bar can share with us how they control the temp for the sake hobbyist like me. So far on off pump is the only solution.

Please take this experience in a positive way. I already took it positively.

Regards
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2012-08-14 07:38:15 am
    I say man.... Bro Idris.... Bro IKK.... Bro Yipm....

I'm so sorry to hear that so many kois had been affected.... Some even FB2J!... :-(

That sounds a very serious case.....

A few ponds already affected...

I think a proper water test should be done at proper lab, like what Bro Jamil & Bro PH8 did to get their water parameters in a serious case like this.

That's if they wanna try to find the actual cause of it. 8-|

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership