A Cost Effective Way to Bring Down Water Temperature
  • idrisidris October 2013
    Envied ur hard work guys..I just install 3hp chiller at my 17ton pond 2 weeks ago..now set at 23 deg c...when it increase to 24 deg c, chiller will start working...at the moment I can say im satisfied with the chiller..costly, but free of hassle...hehe
  • lautslauts October 2013
    Bros,

Good to see this discussion back with new ideas. i like the fan idea , designed just like a cooling tower. To update i am still using the spray bar , no fans attached. Water Temp ranges ranges between 25.3 - 26.3C nowadays when room temp ranges between 24c to 30C.
    Quite hassle free actually , just need to wash the bars weekly. Vision loss for part of pond expected, this is where air hose bubble exit too.

Bro Idris,

I was considering chiller too , but for 2 month full running only a year. Create something of a 4 season like Japan. Cover the pond with garden cloth to create darkness, down temp to sub 20 , no/min feeding for the 2 month . Then slowly increase temp and start feeding kaw kaw. Then all kois will look like those in Japan Still dreaming stage only for me. :-)) :-)).

ts
  • niveknivek October 2013
  • HDCuHDCu October 2013
    Bro Lauts,

I myself had been thinking about two month cooling period with no feeding. But to make it work i need to build just a 10 ton pond of just 4 feet depth housed in small airconditioned room but with morning sunlight access. It will be powered by a four HP chiller set at 16C.

I compute the savings that i will get from very little feeding will pay for some of the electricity bill on running the chiller pond. The small pond can then be use off season as a growing pond for tosai without the use of the chiller.
    Post edited by HDCu at 2013-10-28 11:53:45 am
    Bro HDCu,

Again koi kichi think exactly alike. (handshake):-))
    "build just a 10 ton pond of just 4 feet depth housed in small airconditioned room but with morning sunlight access. It will be powered by a four HP chiller set at 16C. "

Yes , easier to control environment ie temp and light in room , for the sansai and above. Running chiller this way more efficient for the purpose.

"I compute the savings that i will get from very little feeding will pay for some of the electricity bill on running the chiller pond. The small pond can then be use off season as a growing pond for tosai without the use of the chiller." (Y) (Y)

Bro Kevin,

Thanks , so the fan actually suck from the system , not blow into it ? More efficient cooling ?

ts
    Bro Lauts,

From the diagram it looks like air is sucked in from the bottom and pushed upwards by the fan and then releasing hot air out. I'm planning to build one myself, thanks to bro forstbitez initial posting on this. If running 16W (fan) + 40W (pump), the total electricity bill per month should be less than RM20, very cheap compared to chiller..lol
  • sivakoisivakoi October 2013
    great idea actually, I am using spray bar and I cannot get it down beyond 26deg as well.

This works exactly like the laptop cooling pad, the one we under the laptop to cool it down, it sucks air from around and funnels to the laptop bottom where heat is usually generated.
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/14287/laptop-cooler.jpg

So the idea is to reverse this and find a bigger one, similar to the one used in the kitchen to suck out the smoke and smell.

Need to try this out as well. Only thing is I see it's really sealed from the side :-D , so air can only be sucked out from the top.
  • HDCuHDCu October 2013
    The absolute limit of temperature what a fan can accomplish the coldest ambient temperature at night. The water temperature will not go below the.ambient temperature without the use of a chiller.
  • idrisidris October 2013
    Agree with bro hdcu...
  • frostbitezfrostbitez October 2013
    <blockquote rel="nivek">An idea of how a cooling system works.

http://www.bionwatersynergetics.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/processwater.jpg</blockquote>

yup, the down way spraying water will crosspath with air that pulled up by fan
    but the real trick that make it works is the "media" that make water contact with air as long and as much as possible
    i use something like this

http://2.imimg.com/data2/DI/KG/MY-2033947063/dsc00131-500x500.jpg

<blockquote rel="nivek">Bro Lauts,

From the diagram it looks like air is sucked in from the bottom and pushed upwards by the fan and then releasing hot air out. I'm planning to build one myself, thanks to bro forstbitez initial posting on this. If running 16W (fan) + 40W (pump), the total electricity bill per month should be less than RM20, very cheap compared to chiller..lol</blockquote>

if you can manage to make the output air go to water surface or bakki shower makes more cooling effect
    or you can divide water from your waterpump if ur not using bakki so there will be no additional cost for waterpump

reg, han
    Great info bro Han (Y). Do you think it will work if I put a fan on top of my bakki shower and create an enclosure around it similar to the cooling tower? Kill 2 birds with 1 stone :)
    Post edited by nivek at 2013-10-29 07:53:02 am
  • frostbitezfrostbitez October 2013
    bro nivek
    that depends on what media used like i said before, the real trick is to manage as long and as much contact water with air
    if the media can act that way sure the result will be good. so the effect will be vary but sure, u still can see the cooling effect
    jmatt i think one of media that works well :)
    one more thing about CT, all the air must sucked from bottom, so close all hole (expecially at side of the fan) so the air can only sucked from the one in bottom
    reg, han
    Ok excellent, thanks bro Han :)
    Bro HDCu, Bro Idris,

Yes , the limitation are there. So far no one yet achieve lower than 23C , i think, this is normal room temp at early morning. Aim for me is to lower water temp from 28/29C to 24C, and i have achieved this with a simple spray bar, although nowadays at 25c+ :-( .
    For my pond there is a trade off between sun cover and exposure to wind.

ts
  • boykoiboykoi October 2013
    wow,

ive been planning an old engine fan installed at my 1 meter vortex cover,i think i need to tweak alittle bit after seeing that diagram.

like some bros here,ive had the spray bar bringing down my pond temp at 25-26 deg.never went above 27 ever and my lowest ever recorded temp was at 24.7 when there was a typhoon for a week. maybe installing this fan system will at least bring a 24-25 deg norm then it will be worth it.keep the ideas coming guys
  • HDCuHDCu October 2013
    bro. Bimboy,

I have been using two 12 volts 80 wats in my bakki setup for more than six months now. There are good points and bad points

Good points:
    1. It helps bring down temperature from two to three centigrade but it will never bring the temperature below the coolest ambient temperature.
    2. It can be hidden so it not an eyesore as compared to a spray bar

Bad Points:
    1. There is some considerable noise that one has to live with but the noise can be muffed by placing some cover.
    2. The fans will last only from four months to five months before it needs replacing or fixing it as the brush carbon will not last. The fans are however waterproof but needs to have an electronic 12 volts DC regulator to stabilize consistently the speed.
    3. Air being pushed up will not work in a bakki setting as it is not designed to be like a cooling tower. Air should be pushed down.
    4. As air is forced some dust from the air gets pushed to the water.
  • boykoiboykoi October 2013
    thanks bro HDCU,

im currently happy with the spray bar i have, and the 25-26 deg im getting.my main returns are at mud current so the spray bar helps me get the 1 hour cycle return and the current on the surface. i have to say,my kois are bulkier and hungrier than ever before, specially now that im in grooming mode for the december koishow here in cebu.first time im entering at size 7 kois,so bulking them up means massive apettite.

i agree about the fan limits and merits.im trying to tweak a 12 volt 60watt engine fan face down at the bottom of my wooden filter cover of my vortex.i dont now if it will work but im itching to try hehehe.
    Ok completed building mine last night using a 65W high speed fan. Frame was built from pvc pipes to surround my bakki shower and covered with pp sheets. Fan blows downwards and exits from ventilation gaps below. I am currently measuring the temperature in the catch tub and will get another thermometer for the pond. So far temp has gone from 29.3 to 28.5 after 8 hours but this is most likely due to overnight drop in temperature rather than the fan.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/14320/IMG_20131031_080412.jpg
    Post edited by nivek at 2013-10-31 08:24:56 am
  • niveknivek November 2013
    Best temp achieved so far, 27.6 degrees.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/14412/IMG_20131104_091225.jpg
  • lautslauts November 2013
    Bro Kevin,

Good to see improvements (Y) in temp, it will go lower i hope. Check also other sources contributing to higher temp. Clogged air pump , water pump needs servicing, extra cover from sun etc.

ts
    Thanks bro @lauts and planning to put a 2nd fan like yours (Y)
  • ShukriShukri November 2013
    Can achieve 22 degrees ka with this method???
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Ya can if my pond is in Genting hahahaha
  • idrisidris November 2013
    Im settling at 21deg c now..peace of mind...
  • lautslauts November 2013
    Bro Kevin,

My pond only uses 3 vertical spray bars powered by one Tsurumi 150W, no fan.

Bro Shukri, 22C not possible in our location la. Must have chiller like bro Idris if want 22C.

ts
    Wah very nice bro Han (Y)
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar November 2013
    (Y)
  • wyinwyin November 2013
    Hi Bro frostbitez,

Would you share the results of the cooling tower tests?

Regards,
    Wei Yin
  • frostbitezfrostbitez November 2013
    @thanks guys
    i use it in my 17T pond (with filter), it can reduce temp from 29-29,5c to 27-27,5c
    using about 3T/h water circulation and 16w exhaust fan :)
    adding 1 more fan or spray bar can get 25,6-26c
  • ckleecklee November 2013
    Hi Bro frostbitez,
    actually i also think a design like your one before,if u put your fan on top of bakki filter(like insdustrial cooling tower system) may be will more suffient.
    but i never try as i also bz in my work.
    If the cooling tower can somehow be placed in an airconditioning room without compromising the estatic look, then I can forsee a significant drop in water temperature. :-D
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • KChongKChong November 2013
    Bro Shukri,

Good Idea! (Y)
    Best temperature achieved today as it was drizzling the whole of yesterday - 26.6 degrees at 7am with 2 fans on bakki shower.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/14649/IMG_20131121_070706.jpg
    Post edited by nivek at 2013-11-21 07:08:56 am
    Kevin,
    IMHO the culprit is the heat transferred from the ground to your pond. Heat moves from higher temperature area to a lower temperature area i.e. from the ground to the pond....
    Ya agree bro Shukri and also from the sides of my pond which are quite thick.
    Anybody tried putting a layer of marble (similar to those table top or floor marble) on the bottom of the cooling tower/bakki shower before the water exits to the pond? Marble seems to be always cool no matter how hot the outside temperature is. Alternatively can have marble chips all over the tower/shower media.
    Post edited by nivek at 2013-11-21 11:01:04 am
  • KChongKChong November 2013
    So, next time if we build new pond, consider to do the insolation around the wall of the pond...
    Hi Nivek,nice achievement... =D>
    Another way is let the water pass thru a air -con room. I thk oso can get a good result too.
    Don know anybody try it before....
  • idrisidris November 2013
    unless ur house is 24 hour air cond then its fine to do like that..hehe
    Thanks, the idea is trying to be as cost effective as possible. My current 2 fans only cost me RM33 in electricity bill to run / month hehehe
    Bro Nivek,sorry to ask whr u fr??
    Penang :)
    ic...s i know there is a bit hot compare wit my place here,jb
  • frostbitezfrostbitez November 2013
    i've tried fan without using crossflow media (for ct) only to manage 1'c drop with same barrel
    now planning bigger CT+ with bakki at the bottom of crossflow media
    marble seem like a good idea bro, true that house with marble flooring have cooler temperature
    han
    One thing I've noticed with 2 fans bro @frostbitez is that my water temperature now fluctuates within 0.5 degrees only throughout the whole day as compared to 1 fan which can have more than 1 degree fluctuation.
  • WanWan January 2014
    My new spray bar. Temp at 26.5 now. I'll see if I need another one later
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/14956/image.jpgwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/14957/image.jpgwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/14958/image.jpg
    Post edited by Wan at 2014-01-18 07:21:42 am
  • WanWan January 2014
    Sorry for late response. Been away for a week. Anyway here's the update :
    My HM complains about the 'centre position' of the SBar so I had to shift it to the side.
    Earlier I had used PVC pipe for the SBar but after a week still no drop in temperature . Then I switched to stainless steel and now both aesthetic and functional. And if I aim the SBar for water to land on my granite I can get optimum impact. My water temperature is now 25 deg and that's good enough for me.
    Post edited by Wan at 2014-01-18 07:30:12 am
  • niveknivek January 2014
    Bro @Wan, good to hear the temp you're getting. By the way click on Insert Image once you've uploaded it for the image to show in your post like below.

koianswers.com/discussion/download/14979/image (1).jpg

koianswers.com/discussion/download/14980/image.jpg
  • WanWan January 2014
    Thanks Nivek. Sorry about the image insert. I did try that ,not sure why it failed.
    Yes I am happy at 25 deg C. cos I started out at 28-29. - (cant afford chiller)
  • idrisidris January 2014
    Bro..congrats on ur achievement5...25 is good for sbar...
  • WanWan January 2014
    Thanks Bro Idris. I think that's the best SBar can do. I see no necessity to install another one. (plus my HM is insisting that our pond do not look like a koi shop)
  • idrisidris January 2014
    Hehe..bro...hav to listen to hm oso..shes the boss..thats one of the reason I cant imstall sbar...last option, chiller..now set at 21 to 22 deg c...
  • jimlimjimlim January 2014
    Guys , where can I get this ?
    Attachments
    image.jpg 37K
    Bro @jimlim, I've seen it being sold at Yamakoshi Mura Sdn Bhd
  • KohekKohek January 2014
    It's available at Yamakoshi tropicana. Saw it when I went to bought my air diffuser, over the weekend.
  • jimlimjimlim January 2014
    Bro Nivek , Bro Kohek.. Thank you ! Ok I'll go check it out at yamakoshi - tropical ... :)>-
  • lautslauts January 2014
    To update ,

Was abt to wash my filter , a weekly chore , when some water splashes on me. Cold bro, to my surprise my set up registered 24.5C two days ago. Previously abt less than a month was hovering at 25.6-26.5C. I notice night temp a bit lower at 22-23c and also quite windy at times. More importantly i think , i cut down on one hi blow some weeks ago. I am using the DIY PVC spray bar.

ts
  • HDCuHDCu January 2014
    My pond water temperature now ranges from 21 to 22C. Hopefully the temperature hold until end of february. At this temp its very easy to fatten up the koi.
    Bro HDCu,

What's your daily air temperature like ? My air temp is 23C - 32C , occasional windy condition sometimes with rain. My water temp this morning 7am was 24.6C .

ts
  • HDCuHDCu January 2014
    Bro Lauts,

We have atmospheric temperature range now of 21 C to 26C with no rain in our part.
    This morning my pond water registered 23.9C , 6 am morning a new record for my pond and i think for DIY spray bar :-)) :-)) . Confirm reading with 2 other devices , abt correct +_ 0.1C. Air temp abt 21 + 6am .
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/14990/Temp23.9c.JPG

Bro HDCu,

from your air temp and water temp , possible for me to achieve at least maybe 22C as i have a bigger variation from 21 to 32C. Esp considering i have now 4 hiblow and 5 pumps running.

For me , lower temp rather to fast them instead of bulking them. Considering to cover completely the pond to lower light condition and cut down some devices to lower down temp to 22C. This to simulate " winter" season and fasting for 1 month with little to no food.

My kois out from fasting abt a month but some already bulking up even with only abt 40% of previous feeding amt. I think with the lower temp they are storing for expected "winter" soon :-)) :-))

ts

• HDCuHDCu January 2014
    Bro Lauts,

I am doing a new method of bulk and fast at same time in preparation for the national koi show. So far I like the results as compared to a one month fast i did last year.

With regards to aeration, I have improved the cooling system of my seven aerators which combine produce considerable heat.
    Last few days have been pretty cool. Similarly my pond too recorded its lowest temp so far this morning at 25.9 degrees.
  • niveknivek February 2014
    Decided to remove the fans from my bakki shower and placed them at the end of the pond. Managed to obtain better results than previous placement. Will be adding misting nozzles and temp sensor switch to it when they arrive. Consistent 25-26 degrees temp range for 3 days so far. From calculations should be able to achieve 22 degrees with misting when its installed. Will set temp sensor to cut off fans & mist if it does go below 22.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15089/IMG_20140207_213922.jpg
    Post edited by nivek at 2014-02-07 10:00:34 pm
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar February 2014
    Haha, gud results without chiller (Y)
  • HDCuHDCu February 2014
    Looks like you have blocked also most of the sunlight entering your pond from the pictures. Some morning sun I believe is important for the better development of the beni IMO.
    Bro HDCu, lots of sunlight from the sides for morning and afternoon sun.
    Just added misting nozzles and thermostat switch. Will need to see what's the temp tomorrow.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlbBHh4rUCU
    Post edited by nivek at 2014-02-27 07:18:28 pm
  • ashfaqashfaq February 2014
    =D> Awesome brother
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    Thanks bro @ashfaq. Temp this morning was at 25.8C. Will continue to monitor and update.
  • niveknivek March 2014
    After about a week of use, my temp now fluctuates between mid 25 to mid 26 even during midday of 32-33C :)
    Lowest temp recorded was 25.4C

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15269/IMG_20140307_114204.jpg
    Post edited by nivek at 2014-03-07 11:45:02 am
  • brianlawbrianlaw March 2014
    Bro - I have been looking for misting nozzles for ages. Mind to PM me the contact huh? Very much appreciated. I will return you the favours - suprise for you.
  • urbaneffectsurbaneffects March 2014
    Bro. How much to set up this system? Including the misting etc.. the power consumption is ? Watt?
    Just want to calculate the cost. But yr temp is excellent.
  • niveknivek March 2014
    Here's the link to the mist nozzles (adjustable) on ebay about RM40 for 10:

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/200943426434?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The fans cost about RM100 each (44Watts each) so its very cost efficient to make. Water for the mist is from my daily water in so there's no need for a pump. I plug directly to my tap (filtered). For those who want to use a pump to pump water to the misters, you may do so but be careful of evaporation of water from your pond. You will also incur additional TNB cost and heat coming from the pump.

Depending on the size of your pond, just increase the mist nozzles and fans. Both the mist and the fans must be on 24 hours. At night when its cooler, they will pull down your temperature and during the day, they will maintain the temperature so that it doesn't rise so quickly.

It cost me about RM40 monthly in electricity to power 2 fans.
    Post edited by nivek at 2014-03-07 02:49:09 pm
  • brianlawbrianlaw March 2014
    Bro - thanks for the tips. I owed you one. Please PM me your number.
  • niveknivek March 2014
    Haha no need to owe lah. We all bros here share each others experiment to bring better environment for our kois (Y)

Complete video of the whole setup.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIm3ZU7JZDo
    Post edited by nivek at 2014-03-11 09:41:36 am
  • niveknivek March 2014
    Temp at midday with ambient at 33C. Continues to decrease.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15274/IMG_20140311_123911.jpg
    Post edited by nivek at 2014-03-11 01:16:31 pm
    Bro. Yr video is excellent.. Tq. Quick question. If you switch off the fan and just leave the misting on, would the temp increase to 26-7 c on a hot day?
  • niveknivek March 2014
    Thanks bro @urbaneffects. No it would not. I've tried switching off the fans and the temp rose very very quickly. The way this system works is very simple. The mist and fans brings down temp at night since its cooler and during the day, they maintain the temp within 0.5-1C variance.

It takes time for a large volume of water to reduce in temp so don't expect instant result. As you can see from my updates, it is taking 1-2 weeks to see the move. You will start to notice your morning temp dropping day over day and this is good, as the daily max temp will also reduce. Over time your pond gets colder and colder.

One thing to note is that the fan must blow across the surface of the pond and not aimed into the pond. I've tried the different positions and found blowing across the surface to be the most effective.
    Post edited by nivek at 2014-03-11 04:04:43 pm
    Tq. In another word, the fan is critical in keeping the temp at or around 25c in your case.
    By just having the mist without the fan, do you think the temp will be near 26c?

Your 25c achievement in mid day is setting a bench-mark for us all in Malaysia. Normally, we believed it cannot be achieved without a chiller but you did it..
    Post edited by urbaneffects at 2014-03-11 02:17:18 pm
  • niveknivek March 2014
    No, I've tried and it exceeded 27C.
    so the fan is really critical in this case. Tqvm.
  • TomyCTomyC March 2014
    I think the fans help spread the droplets of water, which cools them more effectively before they are added to the pond to lower the pond temp.

Bro @nivek, please verify that your (1) shade cloth blocks most of the sunlight and (2) some of the droplets collect on your shade cloth.

From your pics it seems you can't really view your koi with the low shading?
  • niveknivek March 2014
    Bro @TomyC,

(1) yes my 3 layer of orchid netting covers 90% of the pond and they are placed about 2 feet above water level. Without the fans and misting, my pond water still hit 29-30C even with the netting.

(2) the nozzles protrude out of the netting and aimed directly on the pond surface.

Yes I can still view my kois from the side as there's a large enough gap. You may view some of the videos taken of my kois which were taken through the gap.
    Post edited by nivek at 2014-03-11 02:57:07 pm
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar March 2014
    Excellent bro =D>

Now I'm sure ppl without chiller would b running to hardware shop looking for mist fan. Me include :-)) :-))
  • niveknivek March 2014
    hahaha and your misting nozzles are on the way lol
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar March 2014
    :-D
  • niveknivek March 2014
    Didn't break the 25C mark last night but still ok since it hit 25.0C. Will see if this is the lowest it can go during this hot spell.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15283/IMG_20140312_082856.jpg
  • frostbitezfrostbitez March 2014
    hi guys
    wanna share diy cooling device (worked like cooling tower) that i made
    my pond vol around 15ton water
    water supplying device 3-4t/h

[img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x281/hanjayasalim/IMG-20131224-01559_zpsf875fa2c.jpg[/img]
    this media basicly what make difference :)
    it makes water vs air contact through large area with longer time than just dropping
    bonus : its also works as bio media too, with a very large surface area (almost the same like japmatt i think)

[img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x281/hanjayasalim/ct1_zpsff68ec39.jpg[/img]
    it's eyesore i know! (code name : noodles stand) :D
    but i still can watch my fish freely without ripple in water surface
    water supplied with pvc pipe with lot of holes (similar like spraybar) just make it spray whole area of the media
    at the top tier i put 3 exhaust fan 35watt each then cover it all to make the air going in from bottom only, the air then hitting water that dropped from top
    (will update photo later...forgot to take picture of it)

at 2 tiers bottom are bioballs for extra biomedia

[img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x281/hanjayasalim/s_zpsede8b9c5.jpg[/img]
    this temperature due rainning morning...normally at 1 pm around 26-26,5c on a hot day
    before using this my pond temp is around 29,5c on a hot day

feel free to ask
    cheers, han
    Post edited by frostbitez at 2014-03-12 10:22:59 pm
  • HDCuHDCu March 2014
    Bro Frostbitez,

Thank you for sharing. I am familiar with the pvc corrugated media used in cooling towers and it is in my understanding that it collect a waste on the surface of the media and that it is a pain to clean resulting in the media becoming brittle and cracks if constantly cleaned.

1. What are you doing to prevent waste from entering the cooling tower you made?

2. How are you able to clean the media without damaging the media?

hi bro hdcu

1. my pond using rdf as mechanical filtration with 60micron screen :)
    the water are pumped from last chamber so there will be almost no dirty specs there
    so far it has been running for almost 3 months (before i'm using drum with 1 fan for almost 8 months, its only managed to get 27.5c) with no maintenance

2. answered too i think :)

i know for sure this media also used in waste water plant, they cleans this media with spray from top, since it has a very large void area so i think it will be easier to clean than bioballs and japmat
    but that just my mind...since i've never actualy cleaned one

han

• niveknivek March 2014
    Thanks goes out to you @frostbitez for giving me the ideas on using fans (Y)
    @bro nivek
    yeah i too got first idea of using spray bar here bro :)
  • wasabi8888wasabi8888 April 2014
    Hi Nivek

2 Questions if you dun mind me asking.

1. Are your fans placed outdoor, exposed to rain and sun?

2. The water from the nozzles are directly from the tap? I see filters at the tap. Do those filters remove chorine?

Thanks

Jeff
    Post edited by wasabi8888 at 2014-04-01 12:31:04 am
  • niveknivek April 2014
    Bro @wasabi8888
    1. I have a roof over the fans to shelter them.
    2. Yes directly from the tap bypassing a carbon and micron filter. The mist gets evaporated more than ending up in the pond and the spray nozzles helps to remove chlorine as well. On top of that at a daily rate of roughly 10%, even if there was chlorine, it will not have adverse effect on the kois as the volume is too low.

Hope this helps.
  • niveknivek December 2014
    Lowest I've seen so far from my setup at 24.0C Nowadays my temp averages around 25-26C.

koianswers.com/discussion/download/16605/IMG_38563261382113.jpeg
    Post edited by nivek at 2014-12-18 09:14:32 am
  • frostbitezfrostbitez December 2014
    thats great job bro nivek..never think that the temp can get that low (Y)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership