2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show 2012
  • SengChoonSengChoon February 2012
    ACHTUNG!

For those of you who have voted for Miss Shinkokai, there will be some preview for those with keen eyes like our Bro Patrick. I have just received word that Sonia Ng and Ka Man shall be modelling/ushering at Ken Holdings booth at the upcoming MAPEX exhibition at Mid-Valley (level 4) this coming weekend (3 & 4 March). So for those who have voted or have NOT for them, there is still time for you to re-confirm your vote.

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-02-26 01:48:12 am
  • ShukriShukri February 2012
    Looks like Ka Man and Sonia Ng are the clear winner............ :-D 8-) =D>
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • ShukriShukri February 2012
    As the 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Show 2012 is growing near, for those that have yet to prepare their kois for the show, to do so immediately. Please book your tanks from the participating dealers (as per the earlier post). There are limited number of tanks, so please do so ASAP. There are a lot of prizes to be won. Show to the Koi Community what you have! Start taking photos of your kois....... :-D
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-02-26 07:01:14 am
  • JaiJai February 2012
    bro SengChoon, hope one day there will be a Super Sponsor :)
    im considering to participate, will decide real soon.. :)
    Post edited by Jai at 2012-02-27 05:13:36 am
    Welcome Jai. We too pray for such Super Sponsor. [-O<

That will take away the headache on the show's financials and we can have participation fees cheaper also.

Anyway, we do look forward to your participation.

A little sneak peeks at the other pictures of the contestants.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/5960/Ms Shinkokai (Part 3a).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/5961/Ms Shinkokai (Part 4a).jpg

Votes ends on 4 March 2012, you still have time to vote or change your time. So hurry, before it closes.

Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Idris
    4) Seng Choon
    5)

Sonia Ng
    1) Calvin
    2) etano
    3) megatron
    4) Danlee
    5)Mike

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Lennix
    4) etano
    5) megatron
    6)Mike

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1) Lennix
    2) Danlee
    3)

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)calvin
    3) idris

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-02-28 06:40:55 am
  • idrisidris February 2012
    Hi, my name is Johnny..I'm new here..I vote for Jane Kwan.... Hahaha..
  • KaajKaaj February 2012
    Double vote ;)

Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Idris
    4) Seng Choon
    5) kaaj
    6) kaaj

Sonia Ng
    1) Calvin
    2) etano
    3) megatron
    4) Danlee
    5)Mike

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Lennix
    4) etano
    5) megatron
    6)Mike

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1) Lennix
    2) Danlee
    3)

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)calvin
    3) idris
    Dear all,

The Shinkokai registration website shall be opened for entries with effect from 1 March 2012. Calling all participation to start registration and upload their fishes into the website before the closing date on 11 March 2012. The registration website can accessed via www.eizee.com

For those who have yet to book their tanks, you are encouraged to do so quickly. Tanks are already selling fast. So hurry up.

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-02-29 05:46:33 am
  • SengChoonSengChoon March 2012
    Hi everyone,

There were some concerns raised on security and water management of tanks by certain participants. Here, I would like to address them so that any fears and concerns can be alleviated.

For the information of everyone, the following arrangement have been undertaken:

1) There will security at the show ground from 9am on 16 March till 6pm on 18 March on a 24 hours basis

2) Access to the show ground during the show shall be controlled by the benching team and any removal of fish before de-benching would require security clearance from the benching team

3) Water in tanks shall be maintained at the height of 50cm or two-thirds of the height of the tank. Hence, water volume for the various tank sizes shall be approx 600 liters for 1.25m tank, 880 liters for 1.5m tank and 1,550 liters for 2.0m tank.

4) All tanks shall be salted at least 0.35%. Additional salt shall be made avialable to those who need it.

5) Vivakoi shall added to all tanks. However, we shall require all participants to provide us their consent during benching. Where participants are not available, we would require their handlers to provide their consent.

I hope the info provided is adequate. If you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to post them here.

ATENCION!

Shinkokai Malaysia is pleased to annouce the introduction of HOBBYIST KOI TENDER event at the 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show. This event is open ONLY to show kois entered for the Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show i.e. only kois participating at the upcoming koi show will be eligible for sale via tender. The objective of this event is mainly to allow hobbyist to have access to acquire SHOW quality kois via an ALTERNATIVE and AFFORDABLE market. Hence, kois eligible to participate in this event will kois participating in the koi show.

There is no entry fee required for this event as this is an event exclusive for Shinkokai participants. However, all fishes sold through this tender shall be subjected to a 15% commission payable to Shinkokai Malaysia. Koi put up for tender can be sold under 3 modes of tender i.e. Fixed Price Tender, Tender With Reserved Price and Tender Without Reserved Price.

Details of each mode of Tender shall be as follows:

Fixed Price Tender - Fishes put up for sale under this mode shall be tendered at a fixed price determined by the owner. Interested bidders shall put in a ballot for the fish during the tender period i.e. from 12 noon on Friday (16 March 2012) to 9am on Sunday (18 March 2012). A draw shall be conduct on Sunday (18 March 2012) at 9.30am to determined the winning bid.

Tender With Reserved Price - Fishes on sale under this mode shall be put up for tender from 12 noon on Friday (16 March 2012) to 9am on Sunday (18 March 2012) at the Koi Tender booth. Owners are required to set the starting tender price as well as the reserved price for each tender. Minimum starting tender price shall be RM100. Bidders are required to enter their bids at the Koi Tender booth during the tender period. All bids are to be in the multiple of RM100. The winning bid shall be the highest tender amount as at 9am on Sunday (18 March 2012), provided it is above the reserved price. Bids below reserve price shall be deemed unsuccessful.

Tender Without Reserved Price - Fishes on sale under this mode shall be put up for tender from 12 noon on Friday (16 March 2012) to 9.30am on Sunday (18 March 2012) at the Koi Tender booth. Owners are required to set the starting tender price for each tender. Minimum starting tender price shall be RM100. Bidders are required at enter their bids at the Koi Tender booth during the tender period. All bids are to be in the interval of RM100 up to RM2,000. Bids from RM2,000 to RM5,000 shall be in the interval of RM200 and Bids from RM5,000 onwards shall be in the interval of RM500. The winning bid shall be the highest tender amount as at 9am on Sunday (18 March 2012).

All winning bids shall be announced on Sunday (18 March 2012) at 10am and all sold fishes are required to be bagged and placed at the PVC area for handover by 2pm.

Participants who are interested to put up their fishes for tender can indicate their desired participation when registering their fishes for the Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show at the registration website at www.eizee.com.

Any cancellation of tender subsequent to registration shall be subjected to a RM50 cancellation fee.

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-03-08 06:55:09 pm
  • PatrickChongPatrickChong March 2012
    SengChoon Bro,

May i know how many judges will be judge in 2nd shinkokai koi show?
    thanks

Patrick
  • ShukriShukri March 2012
    Patrick, there will be 9 Japanese Judges in total........
    Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that the following judges will be attending the 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show are:

1) Mr. Joji Konishi of Konishi Koi Farm
    2) Mr. Yuji Tanaka of Okawa Nishikigoi Centre
    3) Mr. Motoharu Sakai of Sakai Fish Farm
    4) Mr. Kazuyoshi Hiroi of Hiroi Koi Farm
    5) Mr. Taro Kataoka of Oya Koi Farm
    6) Mr. Takashi Kawakami of Kawakami Koi Farm
    7) Mr. Umeo Sawada of Nishikigoi Maruume Sawada
    8) Mr. Kenji Tani of Tani Koi Farm
    9) Mr. Hiroshi Mano of Dainichi Koi Farm Toyota

Please join me to welcome them.
    Shinkokai Malaysia is proud to have Tsurumi Pump (M) Sdn Bhd as the official pond equipment sponsor of the 2nd Malaysia Koi Show.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/5982/Tsurumi Pump logo1.png

Tsurumi Pump (M) Sdn Bhd ("the Company" or "Tsurumi Malaysia") was established since 2001. This Company is a joint venture company with Tsurumi Manufacturing Co. Ltd Japan ("Tsurumi"), which manufactures submersible pumps, sewage and waste water treatment equipment. The Company aspires to be Malaysia's one stop equipment solution on sewerage and waste water treatment, general construction drainage and dewatering, urban domestic water supply system, air-condition and fire fighting pumping system, etc, and distributes the famous Tsurumi pumps.

Tsurumi's technical capabilities gained recognition first Asia in the 1970s and then in the United States and Europe in the 1980s. Following these initial successes, Tsurumi sought to accelerate the overseas strategy through its International Sales Division. Remarkable successes in fields including construction, civil engineering, mining, industrial wastewater, domestic wastewater, sewage treatment, flood control, facilities designed to bring people into closer contact with water, and scenery creation have proven Tsurumi's creativity and capability to the world.

Today Tsurumi has expanded its bases of operations and is active in 45 countries and regions. In addition to supporting a variety of worksites, Tsurumi's high-performance pump products are widely used in large-scale national projects, where they fulfill their roles reliably.

Shinkokai Malaysia is proud to have Tsurumi Malaysia as the official pond equipment sponsor of the 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show.

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-03-01 09:41:59 pm
    Bro Seng Choon,

any kois from japan for auction?
    hehe

Pat
  • JamesJames March 2012
    Bro Pat, no need auction for u d la.... u d got the 75bu jumbos remember?? :p
    haha....

even i got 75bu but also need get some nice koi from japan shinkokai mah....
    Bro Patrick,

There will be kois from Japan for auction. I will post the pictures as soon as I get them. In the meantime, start saving your $$.

By the way, where is your vote huh? Tomorrow closing date d.
    Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-03-03 08:30:23 am
    haha....

my vote? after sam and andy
    Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Idris
    4) Seng Choon
    5) kaaj

Sonia Ng
    1) Calvin
    2) etano
    3) megatron
    4) Danlee
    5)Mike
    6) Patrick chong

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Lennix
    4) etano
    5) megatron
    6)Mike
    7) Patrick chong
    8)

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1) Lennix
    2) Danlee
    3)

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)calvin
    3) idris
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-03-04 03:41:45 am
    vote d
  • JamesJames March 2012
    Bro Pat, thot your vote to your new girl only... can ma, put her for consideration as ms. shinkokai... i haven't voted yet... will put my vote behind her.... so u can play koi and her too at show venue... :-))
  • ThiamHwaThiamHwa March 2012
    Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Idris
    4) Seng Choon
    5) kaaj
    6) ThiamHwa

Sonia Ng
    1) Calvin
    2) etano
    3) megatron
    4) Danlee
    5)Mike
    6) Patrick chong

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Lennix
    4) etano
    5) megatron
    6)Mike
    7) Patrick chong

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1) Lennix
    2) Danlee
    3)

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)calvin
    3) idris
    4) Thiam Hwa
  • megatronmegatron March 2012
    Bro Thiam Hwa, I would say you have a good eye after years of experience. Old Ginger is more spicy ! :-D
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • ThiamHwaThiamHwa March 2012
    HaHaHa! Body conformation first before pattern. That is the golden rule.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau March 2012
    Now I know that I'm not the only one applying that golden rule :-))
    Don't I agree more with Thiam Hwa........ :-)) :-D
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-03-05 07:24:59 am
    Jane Kwan, Sonia Ng and Ka Man.........who will be the lucky two!!! ;;)
    GO Jane GO Ka Man........these two are my pick........ :-D
  • Kelvin86Kelvin86 March 2012
    Jane Kwan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Idris
    4) Seng Choon
    5) kaaj
    6) ThiamHwa

Sonia Ng
    1) Calvin
    2) etano
    3) megatron
    4) Danlee
    5)Mike
    6) Patrick chong
    7) Kelvin

Jasmine Leong
    1)
    2)

Ka Man
    1) Seng Choon
    2) Shukri Saad
    3) Lennix
    4) etano
    5) megatron
    6)Mike
    7) Patrick chong

Penny Tan
    1)
    2)

Renee Hong
    1)
    2)

Cindy Rani
    1) Lennix
    2) Danlee
    3)

Renee Gan
    1) Ikankoikau
    2)calvin
    3) idris
    4) Thiam Hwa
    5) Kelvin
    - Aquatic Kingdom -
    Ok, time is up!

To all who have voted, thank you very much. I shall now check with the models for the availability. Hang in there, will revert soon.
  • idrisidris March 2012
    Bro sengchoon..perhaps u can pass to me jane kwan phone number..I could assist you to check on her availability..hehehe
    Bro Idris,

I wish I have her no too. But since we are going through an agent, such chances are slim, unless she is confirmed for the show. Still waiting for confirmation. Will revert ASAP.

Dear hobbysit,

Just some clarification on certain questions that were raised:

1) For the purposes of clarity, all Doitsus are supposed to be in Kawarimono, except for Doitsu Tancho.

2) All participants who are participating via PVC bags would still be required to register their kois via www.eizee.com. The only difference is that you enter "0" under Tank Number as you do not have a tank.

3) PVC bags will be issued to participant in the following manner:
    - For those with tanks, PVC bags will be issued to you during Benching.
    - For those WITHOUT tanks, PVC bags will be issued to your supporting dealer from 14 March 2012 onwards. So pls collect them from your supporting dealer.

Thats all for now.

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-03-06 03:24:12 am
    Shinkokai Malaysia is proud to announce the introduction of Kenkona Koi Multi-Treatment at the upcoming 2nd Malaysia Koi Show.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6101/OFFICIAL KENKONA LABEL.JPG

"Kenkona Koi", which means healthy koi, was founded by our very own Capt Borman, who is an avid koi hobbyist. After so many years of being a koi hobbyist, he has gone through the many ups and downs of this hobby and this has led him to develop this multi-treatment solution.

The Kenkona Koi Multi-Treatment was formulated after considering the many dilemmas, confusion and challenges faced in treating sick kois that was experienced by many hobbyist. This is especially more relevant as there are so many medications available in the market and a hobbyist can easily use the wrong medication if the sickness/problem is not accurately diagnosed. Furthermore, not all hobbyist maintain proper equipment (such as microscope) nor have the adequate experience to diagnose and cure diseases, even the most common diseases. The multi-treatment will come in handy in such situations.

Kenkona Koi promises to make it easier for hobbyist to treat sick/problematic koi just by visually observing the koi’s behavior and identifying specific symptoms. This will help to eliminate the need to catch the sick koi to examine the causes of any diseases/problems as this will stress the affected koi further. With its wide range of applications and treatments, most of the common diseases and problems can be easily addressed by this multi-treatment. For hobbyist without proper quarantine facility, Kenkona Koi Multi-Treatment can also be used as sanitizer of new kois before its introduction into the pond. However, please note that it is not meant to replace proper quarantine. Kenkona Koi Multi-Treatment is also an effective quaratine solution as it can reduce or even eliminate many disease related unwanted possibilities.

Kenkona will start the sale of its multi-treatment solution at its booth at the upcoming 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show. Calling all interested and curious hobbyist to drop by Kenkona's booth to find out more.

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-03-06 09:17:12 pm
  • nocturnalnocturnal March 2012
    BRAVO CAPT!!! =D> =D> =D>
    can't wait to try it :)

ps. nice to see ur BIS in the 4th Asia Cup Koi Show as the ambassador of the product too!
    Post edited by nocturnal at 2012-03-06 08:48:31 am
  • kumarishnakumarishna March 2012
    This will be interesting from"CAPTAIN".
    Sure I will support you (handshake)
    Because you understand the hobbyist needs better.

Keep it up
  • MikeMike March 2012
    Bravo Capt ... (Y)
    Thank you Bro Seng Choon for the lengthy introduction and for giving me the opportunity to introduce Kenkona Koi to the fellow koi hobbyist in this coming show. Actually the photo and label is still not finalize. But it has been done just now.

Brudders,
    Thank you for the encouraging words and support. It means a lot to me as this is something new to me. Anyway I will start a new thread on Kenkona Koi as this thread is better kept for Shinkokai related issues.

Regards
  • idrisidris March 2012
    I already lost 3 kois because of gill disease in 24 hour but after captain introducing kenkona koi on my pond there are no more victim...I'm no expert saying the desease are fully neutralize but as for now the remaining koi survive and swimming as usual...on this I can gave 2 thumbs up for this product!!!
    =D> =D> =D> well done!
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • monscinemonscine March 2012
    Bro SengChoon,

Any show poster that you might provide to be posted on our forum? We have International Show thread on our forum and I would like to promote the the show on the KOIs forum.
    Who knows there will be participant from our country ;-)
    Bro SengChoon,

I already get the poster from Shinkokai Malaysia. May the show will be success! :)>-
    Bro Monscine,

Thanks for helping us to promote the show. Apologies for not reverting to your earlier.

I will pm you my e-mail add. If you need anything else, pls e-mail me.

Cheers,
    Dear Bro,

I have One Good News and One Bad News!

The good news is that we will be getting Ka Man to grace our Koi Show. The bad news is that all the other shortlisted models have been booked by Matta Fair and Auto Fair on that same weekend.

In any case, we have gotten some potential replacements. Please check the pics below:

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6099/Ms Shinkokai (Part 5).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6100/Ms Shinkokai (Part 6).jpg

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-03-06 09:14:42 pm
    Bro Sengchoon, just try to spread the news wider ;-)

Uhh ohhh...more beauties :X
    Bro Monscine,

Your kind act is much appreciated. =D>

On behalf of the Organising Committee, we thank thee.
    I vote for
    1. Gen Ni K
  • mario88mario88 March 2012
    hey guys long time no see haha i think i can be there to watch hehe
    i think this is the first time koishow that the koi wont be as much as interested compare to the ladies hahaha..
    Your vote for:-

Tracy Wong

Wan Li
    1. Megatron

Yumi Wong

Gen Ni K
    1. Shukri
    Don't ask me why!!!
    bro seng choon,

this forum become VOTING girl's PAGE more than koi show discussion page lah...
    :p :p :p :p

Well Bro Patrick,

I think we should thank you since you made this topic so hot in the last koi show. =D>
    huh? last koi show?
    you all make this topic then blame me ah....
    nvm lah, this time i dont want come better, if not you blame me say i make the topic so hot...
    ;;)
    Hi all kois Kichis,
    Time is drawing near for the 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Show. If you want to stop feeding your kois i.e. preparing them, you can do it now. For those that have yet to book your tanks, please do so ASAP with the participating dealers. Don't forget to bowl and take pictures of your kois.

Once again, our latest list of supporting dealers are:

1) Yamakoshi Mura (Tropicana, KL and Penang)
    2) Gosanke Koi (Taman Desa, Kuala Lumpur)
    3) Wong Koi (Ipoh)
    4) Cheras Aquarium (Near PGRM, Cheras)
    5) Aquafarm Resources (Kelana Jaya, PJ)

All participating kois can be put up for tender (with various options) as per the update by the Show Chairman. For those that do not rent tanks i.e. participation of kois 55 Bu and below through bags, then you guys are required to bring back the kois on Sunday for the tender exercise. If you need further clarification or explanation, don't hesitate to contact Bro Seng Choon or me or anyone in the Show Committee.

Together, lets make this a successful event........

Good luck to all participants.

Post edited by Shukri at 2012-03-07 04:49:05 pm

The Shinkokai registration website has been opened for entries since the 1st March 2012. Calling all participations to start registration and upload their fishes into the website before the closing date on 11 March 2012. The registration website can accessed via www.eizee.com. Any issues or problem with regards to registration please do not hesitate to call us.
  • idrisidris March 2012

Tracy Wong

Wan Li
    1. Megatron

Yumi Wong

Gen Ni K
    1. Shukri
    2. Idris
    Wah! Bro Idris, kita taste serupa nampak!!! :-D Muka takde jerawat langsung.....hehehehe........ :-))
  • tomatomoontomatomoon March 2012

Tracy Wong

Wan Li
    1. Megatron

Yumi Wong
    1. Calvin

Gen Ni K
    1. Shukri
    2. Idris
    3. Lennix
  • raymond_ongraymond_ong March 2012

Tracy Wong

Wan Li
    1. Megatron
    2. Raymond Ong

Yumi Wong
    1. Calvin

Gen Ni K
    1. Shukri
    2. Idris
    3. Lennix
    Bro Patrick,

Dont la merajuk. We all know we juz joking only. Otherwise, where got fun leh.
    Dear all,

The programme for the show from 16-18 March 2012 is as follows:

16th March 2012 (Friday)

9.00am – 7.00pm – Benching

17th March 2012 (Saturday)

9.00am - Briefing of show rules to all judges
    9.30am - Commence Judging of Major Categories
    10.00am - Opening of Exhibition Booths
    11.00am - Judging of 60bu to Over 80bu categories including Kokugyo and Sakura Prizes(Best In Size)
    12.30pm - Selection of Mature Champion, Male Mature Champion, Superior Champion, Superior Male Champion, Grand Male Champion

1.00pm - Show Ground Open To Public (Judging Takes Lunch Break)

2pm - Judging of 25bu to 55bu categories including Kokugyo and Sakura Prizes (Best In Size)
    3.30pm - Selection of Baby Champion, Young Champion, Adult Champion, Adult Male Champion, Sakura Taisho, Most Unique Koi, Best in Variety
    4pm - Release of Judging Results
    6pm - Closing

18th March 2012 (Sunday)

10.00am - Opening of Show Ground
    10.15am - Opening Ceremony
    10.45am - Prize Presentation of 18 Major Categories and Kokugyo and Sakura Winners

12.15pm - Lunch

1pm - Featured Auction I
    2.30pm - Featured Auction II
    4.30pm - De-benching
    5pm - Closing

Kindly take note.

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-03-08 08:42:43 am
    If you have not yet book your tanks, please do so now with the participating dealers..... :-D
    Can I suggest that we open up a special thread for the hobbyist to post photo or video for the koi the want top auction out during Shinkokai next week? Since the hobbyist have taken photo for registration, its just another small step to upload in this forum.

The hobbiyist can also put a note on which type of auction they opt for. So keen buyer can have a peek and decide better when they see the real koi. Most importantly, they will know how much to bring during the show :-D
    No problem Captain. Please take the lead.

Just a point to note. The Hobbyist Koi Tender is catered mainly for participants of the show who are hobbyist. Dealers will have their slots at the Featured Auction as their fishes are expected to garner more attention since it will be new arrivals from Japan.

Participant who are NOT interested to join the Hobbyist Koi Tender should indicate that upon registration on www.eizee.com by selecting "Not Joining" under the Koi Tender field. We would appreciate all participants to check through their registration and state their intentions clearly so as to alleviate confusion and administration at our end.

We also wish to highlight that the Hobbyist Koi Tender will close on sunday at 9.30am and the fishes of all completed tenders will be bagged from 12 noon onwards. All successful bidders can collect their fishes from 2pm onwards.

Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-03-08 07:03:12 pm
  • AnuarAnuar March 2012
    Bro Seng Choon,

Can you give some details on what will be expected from the volunteers, i.e. what time we need to be at the show ground, how we will be split into teams, etc.

Thanks.
    I have requested the Heads (Bro Shukri and Bro Chak Wai Kong) of Judging Team and Benching Team to prepare some write-up for everyone's benefit. Will revert to you as soon as it is available this week.
  • AnuarAnuar March 2012
    Dear All,

I think it is also worthwhile reminding all to come as early as possible because PWTC will be hosting MATTA fair on the same weekend. Parking and traffic will be challenging :-? , even at the Mall itself.
    For those of you who are interested to book a room at the Sunway Putra Hotel (formerly known as Legend Hotel), please contact Ms Andrea Foong at andrea.foong@kenholdings.com.my or call at 03-7727 9933.

Shinkokai Malaysia will be enttitled to a special room rate of RM230 (nett) per room, excluding breakfast. So if anyone who is interested to stay over at the hotel, please provide the following to Andrea:

1) Hotel guest name
    2) Chek-in date
    3) Check-out date
    4) Credit card number & type (i.e. VISA or Master)
    5) Expiry date of credit card
    6) Name printed on the credit card
    7) Mobile number

Please confirm your reservation as soon as possible, preferably by 12 March 2012.
    Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-03-09 10:04:51 pm
    I heard the Shinkokai girls are staying quite far away from the vanue so I certainly willing to allow them to stay with me. I dont normally allow this but to save their trouble and reward their dedication, I will allow this time. Only this time they can take advantage on me 8-)

I need the room. Will inform Andrea. Thanks bro.
  • idrisidris March 2012
    its ok Captain...i already booked them a room..tx for your offer by the way..hehehe...
    For those who require room with breakfast, the rate is RM250.

Bro Idris,

If you want to enjoy the special rate, please let Andrea know. We just need to notify the hotel of your booking only.
    Bro Idris,
    You sure or not you don't have class to attend that weekend? :-))

Bro Seng Choon,
    Just to confirm, if I stay in Legend, I don't even have to drive in or out of the hotel right? Legend is in the same building if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, a bit lost in that area. I think parking will be an issue.
  • idrisidris March 2012
    capt borman..i am pretty sure no class that weekend..hehehe..BTW, you no need to park anywhere...just asked your co-pilot to stay at 5000feet and you jump with your parachute...terus sampai exhibition hall...hohoho..

bro seng choon..noted and thank you for the advice..
  • farikfarik March 2012
    Capt,
    The legend is next to the mall,u can just walk next door. No need to drive. Yes parking will be an issue as the same weekend is The MATTA fair so parking will be jammed pack.I have an outlet in the same mall so i know the area.
    Bro Broman, you may also take KTM Komuter directly from Seremban. It would be safer than jumping down from 5k feet. Hahahahahhah
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Bro Idris, I'm not Tom Cruise yet. Maybe one day;-)

Thanks for the info bro Farik. Then Legend will be the lepak spot next weekend.
  • idrisidris March 2012
    Bro megaton, statistically speaking, flying is still the safest way to travel...hehehe....
    Even Megatron suggested to take KTM Komuter. :-D
    Calling All Participants of Shinkokai Malaysia!

We are pleased to announce that there will be a VERY Special Offer to all participants of Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show. KOKUSAI Koi Food has agreed to grant Shinkokai Malaysia to sell a combination of KOKUSAI Wheatgerm and KOKUSAI Spirulina at a special rate of BELOW RM200 (for the above mentioned 2 bags).

This offer is only available to 24 participants of Shinkokai and is on a first-come-first-serve basis from 16 March 2012 onwards. Interested participants, please visit Shinkokai Secretariat for this very special offer.
    Dear everyone,

Please take note that the closing date for entries is tomorrow, 11 March 2012. For those of you who have booked your tanks, please ensure that you have registered your fishes on www.eizee.com.

If you have engaged the dealer to help, please follow-up with them to ensure that your entries are done promptly and are complete.

Hi everyone,

This was posted in our earlier posting. I am putting here again for everyone's reference.

"Recently, there were a number of questions raised on the recommended stocking if various sizes of kois are applied as the current recommended stocking only address kois of similar sizes. Therefore in response to the various scenarios that may arise, the following weightage system shall apply in determining maximum stocking.

Under this system, koi of various sizes shall be given the following weightage:

i) Koi with size of 70bu and above - 3 units
    ii) Koi with size of 45bu to 65bu - 2 units
    iii) Koi with size of 40bu and below - 1 unit

Each tank size shall based its maximum stocking based the maximum weightage the kois accumulate.

The maximum number of kois that is to be placed in the various tank sizes shall follow the weightage set out as follows:

1.25m tank - 6 units
    1.5m tank - 8 units
    2.0m tank - 15 units

For example, if you rent a 1.25m tank, based on the weightage above, you may stock as follows as the maximum weightage allowed is 6 units:

i) 1 koi at 70bu, 1 koi at 60 bu and 1 koi at 40bu (3+2+1=6) or
    ii) 2 kois at 75bu (2x3=6) or
    iii) 1 koi at 65bu, 1 koi at 40bu and 2 kois at 30bu (2+1+(2 x 1)=6) or
    iv) 1 koi at 50bu, 1 koi at 60bu and 2 kois at 35bu (2+2+(2x1)=6) or
    v) 1 koi at 55 bu and 4 kois at 25bu (2+(4x1)=6) and etc.

If you rent a 1.5m tank, you may stock as follows as the maximum weightage allowed is 8:

i) 2 koi at 70bu and 1 koi at 60 bu ((2x3)+2=8) or
    ii) 4 kois at 60bu (4 x 2 = 8) or
    iii) 1 koi at 75bu, 2 kois at 60bu and 1 kois at 30bu (3+(2x2)+1=8) or
    iv) 3 koi at 65bu and 2 kois at 35bu ((3x2)+(2x1)=8) or
    v) 2 koi at 55 bu and 4 kois at 25bu ((2x2)+(4x1)=8) and etc.

Again, like what our Bro Shukri has said, the above guidelines will serve as a yardstick to determine the maximum stocking for the various tank sizes. Discretion should be exercise as overstocking will have grave complications which could lead to fish fatality."
    Dear all,

The closing date for entries had lapsed and registration is now closed.

We are pleased to announce that we are close to full house as all our 2m and 1.5m are sold out. We would like to thank all hobbyist and dealers for their veciferous support and we look forward to a great show.
    Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-03-13 10:06:36 am
    Dear volunteers,

Thank you for coming forward to help in the 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show. In order for us to cover all the activities of the show, we would like to segregate volunteers into the following teams:

Benching Team
    - TS Lau
    - Kevin Lum
    - Azmi Rashid (Mr Koi)
    - Mike
    - Siva Kumeren
    - Calvin Lau
    - Lennix Lau
    - Kevin Ramalingam

Judging Team
    - Borman
    - Daniel Lee
    - Anuar Amin
    - Alan Sim
    - Tan Yu Jian
    - Kumarosan
    - Farik
    - Joshua Chin
    - James Lim
    - Kelvin Lim

Secretariat & Booth Management
    - KY Sim

I hope the above arrangement is acceptable.

Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact the following personnel regarding the above:

Bro Shukri (Judging) - 012-390 0220
    Bro Chak Wai Kong (Benching) - 012-331 2887
    Andrea (Secretariat & Booth Mgmt) - 03-77288311
    Myself - 016-211 6799

Dear all,

Here is a sneak preview of the fishes put by our supporting dealer, Gosanke, in the Show's featured auction:

Tosai

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6203/Sakai Kohaku 1 (360x640).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6204/Sakai Kohaku 2 (360x640).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6205/Sakai Kohaku 3 (360x640).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6206/Sakai Kohaku 4 (360x640).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6207/Sakai Tancho Sanke (360x640).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6208/Ochiba 1 (640x360).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6209/Ochiba 2 (640x360).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6210/Ochiba 3 (640x360).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6211/Ochiba 4 (640x360).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6212/Ochiba 5 (640x360).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6213/Sekiguchi Pearl G Sanke (360x640).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6215/Sekiguchi Pearl Sanke (360x640).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6214/Sekiguchi Showa (360x640).jpg
    Post edited by SengChoon at 2012-03-13 10:03:02 am
    Nisais and sansais in our featured auction

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6216/Isa Showa 48cm (640x360).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6217/Isa Showa 50cm (640x360).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6218/Taniguchi Nisai Kohaku1 (640x360).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6219/Taniguchi Nisai Kohaku2 (640x360).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6220/Hi-Utsuri (640x360).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6221/Marudo Sanke (640x360).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6222/Chagoi (360x640).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6223/Acar (360x640).jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6224/Ki (360x640).jpg
  • idrisidris March 2012
    bro sengchoon..starting price for bidding is how much?
    i think should be start RM100...
    LOL
    :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
  • idrisidris March 2012
    bro patrick...i fully 100% agree with u!!!! :-))
    hahah...
    every hand bid RM10 ....
    then can increase kois to hobbist's pond...
    thanks shinkokai... :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
    Post edited by PatrickChong at 2012-03-13 11:40:44 pm
  • AnuarAnuar March 2012
    Bro Seng Choon,

Congrats to the organizing committee for the selling out of the bigger tubs.

Can give a bit of teaser ah? I think a few of us are wondering how many GC contenders will be competing for the title... Just trying to build up the excitement and the suspense....
    Bro Idris & Patrick,

Apologies for revert so late. Have been moving to and fro the show ground on the preparation.

With regards to the starting auction price, I am still waiting for the supporting dealer to revert. As this is a supporting dealer's auction, the perogative on price setting lies with the dealer. But rest assured, based on the quality put up, ITS GOING TO BE WORTH YOUR TIME AND EFFORT. ;-)

On another note, with regards to Bro Anuar's request for teaser, I think I will have to leave it to our Organising Head of Judging - Bro Shukri. :-D

There are about twenty 80BU and above 80BU Gosankes to choose from for the GC. The contenders are majority Kohaku, even numbers for Sankes and Showas and a couple of Shiros. It will definitely be a stiff competition here.....
    There are serious Kohaku, Sanke and Showa contenders.......these are real nice jewels. For a GC, size matters. So the one with the best Body Conformation, skin texture, even color (with good kiwa & acceptable sashi etc) and pleasing & balance pattern, will undoubtly win the GC title.

So come to the show to view these magnificant kois......
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-03-14 04:18:38 pm
  • ykyapykyap March 2012
    Brother Seng Choon,

At which level is the koi show will be held at the Sunway Putra Mall?

ykyap
  • yy988yy988 March 2012
    hi guys ,

anyone would kind enuf to share some information location map
    Access by driving or public transport?
    Please do share to us on the visit time and auction time?

Thank
    The Koi Show is at level 4 of the Sunway Putra Mall. Use to be the site for the Hawker Stalls. The venue is typed in RED on the map. If you find PWTC and the Best Western Seri Pacific Hotel, you are in the right vicinity.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/6242/Sunway Putra Mall.jpg
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-03-14 08:51:29 pm
  • AndreaAndrea March 2012
    Dear All,

Please find herewith the Youtube link showing the direction to the loading and unloading bay at Sunway Putra Mall.

http://youtu.be/-kxVnoeY78c
    Dear Koi Kichis,
    I am please to announce that there are 13 really good quality kois that will be auction during the upcoming 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show (you will not be dissapointed). I can't comment any further until I see those fishes physically. All are female with the exception of Konishi Kujaku. Please feedback to us what you think? And these pieces have a reserve price.

Anyway, here are the teasers...........
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6253/(1) Omosako Utsurimono(Panda) 6yrs F 78cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6254/(2) Ogata Showa 2yrs F 61cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6255/(3) Sakai Sanke(Shining Rose) 2yrs F 61cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6256/(4) Kondo Kohaku 2yrs F 60cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6257/(5) Okawa Utsurimono 3yrs F 59cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6258/(6) Konishi Kujaku 3yrs F 58cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6259/(7) Dainichi Toyota-Showa(Budda) 2 yrs F 63cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6260/(8) Tani Sanke 2yrs F 46cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6261/(9) Tani Sanke 2yrs F 51cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6262/(10) Hiroi - Kinginrin 2 yrs F 43cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6263/(11) Oya- Sanke 2yrs F 52cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6264/(12) Omosako Utsurimono 2yrs F 47cm.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/6265/(13)Kawakami Goshiki 3yrs F 46cm.jpg
  • yamakoshiyamakoshi March 2012
    Dear Koi Kichis,

Below herewith is the video clip of kois that will be auction during the upcoming 2nd Shinkokai Malaysia Koi Show

• vinsonchuavinsonchua March 2012
    Too bad that I have to miss the show as my scheduled business trip to KL is 23-25 Mar. Best of luck to the participants and the organizing committee.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership