My Omosako Panda Shiro Utsuri
  • bibikoibibikoi October 2010
    Guys,

just wanted to share some updates of my Shiro.

This was the fish in December 2008 at 47cm

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/208/Panda.jpg

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/210/Panda2.jpg
    Post edited by bibikoi at 2010-10-18 02:05:57 pm
  • alankeithalankeith October 2010
    Bro have the sumi developed ? seen u post this shiro before lol
    Currently the fish is 61cm and still in Omosako. May be competing for the first time this year in the Japanese circuit. Still not totally finished. Am very happy with the body structure.

Notice how the tail tube is quite thick for a shiro.... :)

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/214/Sam%20Tan..jpg
    Post edited by bibikoi at 2010-10-18 02:10:46 pm
    Attachments
    Sam Tan..jpg 512K
  • alankeithalankeith October 2010
    Wow alot of difference btw the then and now pic. Very nice shiro wish to have one like this in my pond lol.
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    I have a Shiro Utsuri from the Panda bloodline too. And the secondary hi developed everywhere including at the Odome. The SUMI is good though!
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • DanleeDanlee October 2010
    Bro Sam,

Very nice Shiro... The shiroji and tail tube is just superb... once SUMI consolidate, darken and stabilize, she will surely win you many trophies. Did the Japanese do any surgery on the odome in 2009. If they did, it has recovered very well...no sign of the surgery in the latest picture. Very good pick... especailly when you really do not know how she would turn out when you bought her in 2008.
    Another worthy champion............wah! How to fight like this? Klang gang, can fight ar?
    Good fish........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • BenjaminGohBenjaminGoh October 2010
    Very nice shiroji and motoguro lerhh.. Body very nicee
  • AndySittAndySitt October 2010
    bro keep it under 63cm and send it to the young koi show.. good stuff..
    Ben San, can fight or not?
  • BenjaminGohBenjaminGoh October 2010
    Wahh 63cm. Young koi show.. Best In Variety Utsurimono? :D

Uncle Shukri.. I got no shiro.. :P. I know uncle andy got 1 shiro very very nice body..
    I agree, the fish looks like a picture from a Japanese magazine........
    Clash of the TITANS.........
    Ben, why no more Shiros now? Concentrate on Non Gosanke ar?
  • nocturnalnocturnal October 2010
    very nice Bro Sam, gd shiroji, nice pattern really envious :-)
    Wah! Still up Adik? Just now I have a visitor that came for a discussion. Ni pun dah letih and need to hit the sack......I will catch up with you tomorrow.......
  • nocturnalnocturnal October 2010
    now kira my dusk hehehe.... say want to call back after discussion, see my phone never rings but inside forum post here, there, everywhere! hahaha.
    gd nite bang, talk tomorrow :-)
  • Denn7Denn7 October 2010
    Wah looking at this makes me think of Soo's shiros for sale....can develop like this ah? Gorgeous balanced fish.
  • JamesJames October 2010
    Bro Denning, so which are you considering to pick up?
  • Denn7Denn7 October 2010
    Me not ready for the big league yet....but of those remaining, I would prob. go for No. 52 although that piece may end up short and stumpy :)
  • etanoetano October 2010
    Bro Sam,

What a stunning shiro! Look like your gamble has paid off. Very nice shiroji and smooth skin. Good luck in Japan circuits.
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
    Thanks Bros,

not sure how she'll compare with others in Japan. That circuit is really difficult. standard there is extremely high....

Bro Dan, am not sure whether they did... i was told it wasn't actually secondary hi but some infection... so just assumed it healed over time...

Bro Andy, yeah, hopefully it will be good for the Young Koi Show.. and hopefully i'll get to go there to see her... wanna come along? :)

Bro Denning, Soo san actually has got some very nice fishes posted up there and i can tell you for the prices he's charging, its definitely very cheap compared to what i've been paying for when i started the hobby. You new hobbyists are lucky! :)
  • AndySittAndySitt October 2010
    bro Elmen .. sam placed lots of chips on the table.. a lot went back to the dealer and a very few won the gamble.. typical koi hobby!!
  • KaajKaaj October 2010
    Sam i must say - your ability to see the potential in this koi is commendable.

I think most would have passed on it based on the first picture.
  • etanoetano October 2010
    <blockquote rel="AndySitt">bro Elmen .. sam placed lots of chips on the table.. a lot went back to the dealer and a very few won the gamble.. typical koi hobby!!</blockquote>

Bro, visit koi show now = visit Genting! No wonder Bro Sam organize Shinkokai in Awana.
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
    <blockquote rel="Kaaj">Sam i must say - your ability to see the potential in this koi is commendable.

I think most would have passed on it based on the first picture.</blockquote>

thanks bro. I actually based my decision on the potential pattern, the shiroji quality and the sheer bulk at the shoulder of the fish. Also the tail tube was decent, but not VERY thick at that time... that was a gamble... but glad its turned out well... hopefully it will be in tip top condition for next year's All Japan Young Koi Show.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership