Pond Sealer
  • KevinKevin December 2011
    Hello brothers. Was wondering what you guys use as a sealer (waterproof coating) on top of the cement rendering for your ponds. Do you use anything special to provide a good surface for the pond and avoid future leaks?
  • megatronmegatron December 2011
    There are many brands in the market and even many types of a single brand. Eg. Sika itself also has many grade n quality. You may consider Sika 108, it has a elastic but not many places are selling this.
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Thanks megatron. Have you used it before?
  • megatronmegatron December 2011
    Yes, I used Sika 108.
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Where did you get it from and do u remember what it cost?
  • chtanchtan March 2012
    alternatively you can use BOSTIK BOSCOLASTIC or GREENSEAL FLEXI 201

Regards

Tan
  • david3333david3333 March 2012
    Hi,
    My new pond leaks too. I am meeting the contractor tomorrow. I may suggest to him to use one of these sealers. Thanks.
    Megatron,
    need advise on how to apply the sealer. My contractor is new to contruscting fish pond, he handles house renovation. He to apply over the existing layer of cement, this simple?
    I noticed for water-proofing the floor of a house(for installing tiles/marbles), the milky sealer is mixed with cement and apply to the floor.
    Hi again.
    My friend suggest to apply the sealer over the existing layer of cement and apply(rendering)
    another layer of cement over the sealer.
  • chtanchtan March 2012
    if the surface of the pond is already plastered, just apply these cementitious slurry over it. make it 3 coats. First coat dilute with around 15% water. second and third coat apply undiluted. Allow a 1to 2 hrs dryoff time in between applications.

Hope this helps

Regards

Tan
    chtan,
    Can you explain what is this cementitious slurry?
  • chtanchtan March 2012
    hi

The few types of waterproofing system i mentioned are called cementitious waterproofing slurry. It comes as a 2 component set. Comp A & B. You have to mix part A & B according to directions to form a consistent slurry. Part A is usually a cement mixture compound which works by crystallization. Part B is usually the latex to give the cement compound the flexibility it needs to withstand substrate movements (expansion & contraction)
    Hope this helps

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership