Drill hole on a fibre tank
  • qsteeqstee October 2010
    Hi Guys,

Any sifu out there know how to drill a hole to the fibre tank and also to patch up a crack in a fibre tank. Im planning to drill a overflow hole for my fibre tank.

Robert
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    Hi Robert,
    You need to have a drill and the drill bit that will allow you to make the hole base on the hole size (you can get it from the hardware store. To patch the cracks, you need the raw fibre glass wool and the solvent that will bind and cure the wool i.e. it will stick to the crack area........All you can get from the hardware store.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • M_ZAINM_ZAIN October 2010
    Aiyoo.....Bro Robert,....you mean you don't knoe how to drill holes meh....

Like Shukri said, just go to any hardware store to buy a 'Hole Saw' drill bit, you've to knoe how big a hole you want,...1/2", 3/4" or 1" & so on....
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    Haha, not a diy guy mah, plan to do some modification on my fibre tank and try to rear some bonsai koi ...
  • megatronmegatron October 2010
    <blockquote rel="qstee">Haha, not a diy guy mah, plan to do some modification on my fibre tank and try to rear some bonsai koi ...</blockquote>

Walauya....planning for the koi shows..
    Don't ask me why!!!
    I dont think time is enough for the coming koi show...
  • etanoetano October 2010
    Robert, to drill hole just use normal driller but I don't know what to use to patch up cracks. I suggest Epoxy glue maybe Bro Aaron can help.
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
    Yeah, get the epoxy and the fibre glass wool from Bro Aaron.....
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    <blockquote rel="qstee">Haha, not a diy guy mah, plan to do some modification on my fibre tank and try to rear some bonsai koi ...</blockquote>

Raising bonsai koi eeeh! I know where you got bitten by that bug......
    Haha Shukri,

U know very well la....i will ask Bro Aaron about the fibre glass wool and epoxy.

I know exactly what you meant as I have don't the same to my fibreglass tank previously..........
  • AaronGohAaronGoh October 2010
    <blockquote rel="qstee">Haha Shukri,

U know very well la....i will ask Bro Aaron about the fibre glass wool and epoxy.

</blockquote>
    Bro Robert, I will get some for you, no problem, I can easily drill a hole for you as well, I have did it before for some brother here. For the coming koi show, still plenty of time for you to do koi hunting. Just ask a dealer to prepare for you,very easy wan.....
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Bro Aaron,

Thanks for that, will find a time sometime this week to go visit you guys.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership