Author Topic: Random Frog Talk.....  (Read 21243 times)

soritan

Re:Random Frog Talk.....
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 08:32:35 PM »
Hn, one time, I put a little glass bowl into the tank and put bloodworms into it, of course none of the frogs could figure out the 'puzzle', and I wound up dumping the worms out, but I didn't remove the bowl straight away.

Well, one of my frogs performed a standard-issue Kamakazi Gasp and bolted up to the top of the tank, and dove straight down... into the glass bowl.

Ever rolled a marble around in a bowl? Seen it roll up to one side, back to the other, and then back again? Its path forms a little 'u'?

My frog did that, four times, before he swam away.

It was grand.

dementedlullaby

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 12:13:03 AM »
I only know a little bit about ADFs and that you shouldn't lick toads.

Shouldn't lick toads? I agree but I bet there's lots of stoners out there who wouldn't :o lmao

Maybe if a frog turns into a prince from being kissed a toad turns into a princess from being licked.  ::)

Sori I love that story lol, wish I could of seen it.

soritan

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 12:40:01 AM »
Hah, yeah. You could even gently hear him going 'pling pling pling pling'. Naturally, I never used the bowl like that again, but it was quite funny when it happened -- he wasn't just nudging around, he was being reflected back and forth, inside the parabola. Just like a rolling marble. :D

Mere Air

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 06:12:35 AM »
Maybe if a frog turns into a prince from being kissed a toad turns into a princess from being licked.

Curious young female cats turn scary when they play with them, with eyes like saucers, frothing at the mouth, and dripping all over everything.  I was so panicked that I didn't notice what the toad turned into.

October

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 07:51:54 AM »
Some toads are toxic, but the canadian and american toads aren't. Only the toads who secret a toxin from their skin, such as firebellied toads.

One time a bunch of students found their professor passed out on a river bank because he was "testing the different tastes of salamanders"

What. A. Freak.

Mere Air

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 08:24:52 AM »
Some toads are toxic, but the canadian and american toads aren't. Only the toads who secret a toxin from their skin, such as firebellied toads.

It was a native variety.  We were living in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area at the time.  The vet wasn't terribly concerned when I called.  She said to bring the cat in only if it was still frothing in another 20 minutes.  By then it had stopped.  

One time a bunch of students found their professor passed out on a river bank because he was "testing the different tastes of salamanders"

To sacrifice himself like that for science, what a guy  ;D

BettaNewbie

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2005, 07:45:03 PM »
Mere, your story is so funny!  Poor kitty....how did she get the frog?  

Where did you live in Raleigh?  I used to live in Durham.  Oh how I miss Foster's scones for breakfast!

Mere Air

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2005, 08:21:09 PM »
We actually lived between Raleigh and Durham, just off I40 in Cary from 1986 to 1998.

Kitty found the toad in the yard.  Our dog had found one as a puppy.  She also frothed at the mouth, but not to the extent that the cat did.  The cat looked like a little washing machine, overloaded with soap that just kept bubbling out of  her.  We also learned the stuff stains porous things, like wood banisters.

After their first encounters, neither pet ever bothered toads again.  But their fascination with other wildlife like snakes, lizards, birds, squirrels, and fall leaves continued.

BettaNewbie

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2005, 08:26:59 PM »
Holy cow!  Glad the pets were ok!  

p.s.  I love cary and have lots of friends there.  I love NC period.  What corner of the planet are you in now?

Mere Air

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2005, 08:33:09 PM »
Two moves later, we're in San Antonio.  My husband would be thrilled if we were ever to move back to NC.  I don't like snow, so I prefer to stay here.  We're both originally from upstate NY.

Although you have a soft spot for NC, hope IN agrees with you!