Author Topic: pleco/bristlenose spawn  (Read 1828 times)

Offline koral

• Bronze Cory
pleco/bristlenose spawn
« on: April 21, 2011, 01:19:25 PM »
hi hi,
i just remove my 2 plecos to other tank that already have another pleco. 1 of the pleco was stuck on the cave, so i need to move the cave into the tank too. 1 day i checked the cave, wonder if the fish still alive r even still there but then i saw "she" was still there with some orange eggs, pretty big eggs. so there were a couple then. my q is, is the other pleco that was in the tank already will not intrude the new couple since i dont know the ex of that 1. is it ok for 3 of then to stay in the same tank while spawning time? will it destroy the eggs?
thanks

Offline koral

• Bronze Cory
Re: pleco/bristlenose spawn
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 06:04:08 AM »
well, the other one which i think is a female became an outsider. "she" just sticking under the filter, while the other 2 are inside the cave. but im not sure how long this 2 will be there inside and when the fry will come out? is it ok to let them just inside, seems they didnt eat. i want to take a look under the cave but I don't want to disturb them...

Offline koral

• Bronze Cory
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:38:25 AM »
i saw some orange eggs with tiny tail wiggling, so cute. i have my easter eggs:)

Offline LittlePuff

• The "mod who doesn't mince words"
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Discus
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 10:02:04 AM »
Pics!!!
90gal Future piranha tank.
55gal 1 molly, and chocolate chip starfish (possible    Malawi cichlid tank)

Offline koral

• Bronze Cory
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 11:12:24 AM »
Woukd love to take some but I don't have a great camera and they like to come out in the night , no good vision with my camera:(
They start to be brown, still cute tho... but I don't see many, maybe all still inside the cave (hopefully).
The parents are inside too and I don't think they parents eat the fry, even if they were too hungry (hope not):)
This is my first time having fry from the pleco and I think my neon is mating too...  well love is in the air I guess but imagine the egg would be, very vey tiny;)

Offline koral

• Bronze Cory
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 02:02:02 AM »
hi hi,
since i was not experienced with pleco spawn/eggs, they did eat the babies. i moved them to a smaller tank with only those pair hope to save the fry from other fishes but instead i lost those eggs/fry. i only have 1 survivor fry which is big now about 1,5 inches. i wait for few weeks there to see if they lay more eggs but none. well, at least i didnt see any when i checked the cave...

so, i decided to moved them back to main tank like 3 weeks ago or so. but now im watching few fry swimming around. they are about half inch and dark colour... cute:)

also, is it wise to keep 2 fully loaded female guppies together? i put them in a small tank, just wonder if they will fight coz i start to see 1 of the female stressed a bit over the other bigger 1 which sometimes attacking her... i had some fry before not sure from which guppy tho maybe both but not many... only about 17. or is it better to put just 1 pregnant guppy til she gives birth?

Offline LittlePuff

• The "mod who doesn't mince words"
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Discus
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 07:28:42 AM »
I wouldn't keep them together if You can separate them.
90gal Future piranha tank.
55gal 1 molly, and chocolate chip starfish (possible    Malawi cichlid tank)

Offline koral

• Bronze Cory
Re: pleco/bristlenose spawn pic
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 01:27:08 PM »
pic of pleco fry, finally:)

Offline Julee (shadowtheblacklab)

• Resident Psychiatric Service Dog Handler
  • Diamond Discus
  • Just Watch Me
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 11:03:05 AM »
Cute! How many do you estimate, total?
Choose the adoption option!

Offline koral

• Bronze Cory
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 12:07:39 PM »
I'm not sure, 30 something... it keeps going up and down:))