I'm just going to make a list of questions to save everyone from all the TL;DR info because I'm just agitated at this point between the fish and school. Water parameters are 0 across the board and ph is 6.5.
1. My betta, Dracula, has turned his nose up at pellets since the day I got him(Thai breeder, AquaBid). He ate pea once and never again. Refuses flake food. I bought tubifex yesterday because he'd been marinating in Maracide for a week (Velvet) and hasn't eaten for nearly a month. Seeing as I'm stuck feeding him live food for now; what else, aside from Daphnia, should I be feeding?
2. He JUST finished a round of Maracide yesterday and today I caught him flashing against the substrate...again. I'm at a loss.
3. Speaking of substrate, I just added sand in with the rock. Well, he ate some of it while he was grabbing one of the tubifex worms off the bottom. Is he done for or is there a possibility he'll be able to pass it?
4. Occasional strange swimming pattern. I've noticed on a couple of occasions his head will rapidly shake for a split second (similar to a seizure) and then he'll kind of drift down moving his head like a snake. When he reaches the bottom he just sits there for a second or so and goes back to normal. Neurological problem maybe?
5. Depression. How long does this last in bettas? He's the least active of them all, yet has the most real estate. He goes up for air and goes back down to do nothing. Sometimes he swims around but it's just him looking for food on the bottom or switching sides of the tank. Oh and then only time he flares it's at himself - not any of the other bettas.
I think that covers everything. Thanks in advance.